HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Zx12r won’t idle NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Kmaysob

Parking Attendant
posted March 15, 2021 04:59 AM        
Zx12r won’t idle

Good morning gents , I am working on a zx12r for a buddy. He said it ran great, then the fuel pump went out and he parked it. I recently put a fuel pump and filter in it, as well as. Cleaned the gas tank out . It had a hard time starting at first , but once it got its injectors cleared , it runs good . Except it won’t stay running at idle once warmed up. Even with the fast idle lever on . I’ve tried adjusting the idle stop screw and it’s the same issue. You can take it out and ride it, but once you clutch in at a stop, it dies .

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted March 18, 2021 11:12 AM        
How long was it sitting for? Generally by the time the pump goes bad the injectors can use a cleaning. I've had good success with RC Fuel Injection in Cali. For $25 or so per injector they will clean the injectors and send you a before and after printout of how poor it was and how much it improved. I sent them injectors from a 2001 Busa that was parked in 2005 that we resurrected in 2020 and they came out right.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted March 19, 2021 09:23 AM        
My old 12 ran really bad the last time I had it out too. What made a significant (but not complete) improvement was cleaning & changing the spark plugs. Some water had got into the plug wells and messed it all up, make the stick coils uphappy.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Zx12r won’t idle NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2022 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.32206702232361 seconds processing time