HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: my supercharged zx10 almost done NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 26, 2009 03:03 AM        
Here's a smaller version: http://www.aaperf.com/vids/startup_vid-small.mov
  Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 26, 2009 03:04 AM        
  Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 26, 2009 03:05 AM        
  Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 31, 2009 03:26 AM        

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 31, 2009 03:26 AM        

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 31, 2009 03:27 AM        

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 31, 2009 03:28 AM        

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted October 31, 2009 04:33 AM        
COPY FROM ZX-10R.NET FORUM Ok, here's the ride report from yesterday's 100 mile test and tune...

First off, this engine likes boost. A lot. Never once did I hear pinging or trip the knock sensor, and this is all running on 93 octane (not even octane booster!). There is no clutch slipping, and with the stock injectors the A/F ratio is pretty close to perfect under acceleration.

The ambient temp was 60°F, and while riding (under boost) the temps never got above 165° (the highest temp I saw was crawling through town, where it hit 212°F). I tested this thing in every condition imaginable -- stop and go, tight twisty backroads, flat out on the highway -- and it is always in control. Nothing feels out of place. In fact, it's a pussycat when you want it to be, just like the supercharged VFR.

Now for the good stuff. How does it accelerate you ask? Here is the best way I can describe it: -- It's electric smooth, with the hand of God pushing you from behind. The powerband and overall engine feel is identical to my blown VFR, just more powerful and certainly much faster. Has your bike ever stood up under power at the top of 3rd gear before? This thing does. 4th gear power wheelies? -- no problem.

If you are around 5000rpm, you just have to squeeeeeze on the throttle and up she comes, completely controllable, and can be carried to redline if you so choose. This thing builds speed in a way that you can't even fathom unless you've been on a boosted/nitrous bike before. While around town riding is a blast, you need some long roads to really experience the power that this bike has to offer.

As for the sound, well, there really is none. You can detect some turbine whooshing, and certainly the bypass valve doing its thing, but no belt noise, no gearbox noise, no classic supercharger whine (Rotrex builds some really, really nice superchargers). The whole engine, and even the exhaust note, sounds so much smoother than normal, helping to create that electric feel. The precision pulleys (cut by A&A Gear, only the best ) and Gates PowerGrip belt also majorly contribute to the seamless, smooth operation.

In short, it's a huge success. I still need to tweak the fuel map in places and get some more miles on it, but hopefully later this week I can get it on the dyno and see what kind of numbers it's putting down. I don't think I'll be disappointed... WORDS FROM THE BUILDER AT AAPERF.COM

Ignore this member   
Turbo810

Expert Class
posted November 04, 2009 12:04 AM        
Very nice. Can't wait to hear the final numbers.

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted November 14, 2009 12:37 PM        

Ignore this member   
sazx10r

Parking Attendant
super1
posted November 14, 2009 12:38 PM        

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted November 16, 2009 08:47 PM        
That is really really slick!! Makes me want to buy a 10 and do the same thing.
Always liked blowers over turbo's. Not as efficient, but the powerband is always better with mechanical boost.

Ignore this member   
brickman

Expert Class
posted November 23, 2009 09:46 PM        
i am wondering how it would work with a 50+hp shot of spray. i have a 07 zx10 me and my son are building to do a little grudge racing with here in NC. we run it some this year with the stock motor and a 30hp dry shot. best ET in the 1/8 5.30's at 129mph. with low 1.3 to high 1.2 60ft. we are building a motor for it this winter. but the 10 is so limited on what you can do with the motor. turbo's are out. you just can't get a run with one. i think we could get away with running a SC. we would need to be running no slower than 5.0's in the 1/8. i can promise you this if we could come up with a set up that would work. the exposure would be priceless.
  Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted December 11, 2009 09:41 PM        
quote:
That is awesome!
Beautiful workmanship !

+1

Ignore this member   
Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted December 12, 2009 12:57 AM        
Looks great, would like to hear some feedback from the purchaser.
  Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted January 22, 2010 07:10 AM        
Wow....... I have a new favorite street bike!!!!!!!
  Ignore this member   
Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted January 25, 2010 02:41 AM        Edited By: Ricksgsxr on 25 Jan 2010 17:42
Looks cool, nice numbers but no feedback from the purchaser since it's completion?

Only the builder?

Maybe snow on the ground and no riding but seems odd not to see more posts from the owner.
But than again I have been fucked in the past by builders and some of the aftermartket so maybe I'm bit biased when I see more posts by the builder than the owner.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 13, 2010 01:52 AM        
wicked.... I think I just found my next project!

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted March 14, 2010 10:27 PM        
Anyword on your outcome? Track times? Top speed so far?
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: my supercharged zx10 almost done NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2022 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.49009394645691 seconds processing time