HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Poll - does lower hp output of 2011 effect your purchase decision? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 11, 2010 07:21 AM        
Poll Question:
Poll - does lower hp output of 2011 effect your purchase decision?

Are you a potential 2011 zx10r buyer and live in the USA or Canada ? Does the restricted hp over the euro model have any bearing on your decision to purchase the bike?

Poll Results:
 2 votes (7%)
No - I was buying one anywayS

9 votes (33%)
No - I am confident someone will be able to fix it easily

11 votes (41%)
Yes - I want all the power and I am pissed off about the whole thing

0 votes (0%)
Yes- I am pissed off so much I am switching brands

5 votes (19%)
Hookers

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted October 11, 2010 08:39 AM        
A 1000cc bike is too small for me. I like torque and prefer the bigger bikes. Gimmee a hooker.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 11, 2010 10:11 AM        
Where is the variable fulcrum valvetrain that was all hyped?
These bikes are all about HP, otherwise I'd ride a 600.

I don't buy a new bike every, or second year.
I will either buy the BMW 1000RR, or wait.
maybe suzuki will deliver?

Ignore this member   
Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted October 11, 2010 02:10 PM        
How about adding to the poll choices this:

Dean S will buy one and promptly add a turbo and we will all forgot about the -22 hp the U.S .model makes

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 11, 2010 02:44 PM        
so this begs to ask (though it is early in the poll) if people will buy the bike regardless of restrictions does that mean kawi and any other OEM can produce any bike they want lacking in power etc? I mean - if we consider everything to be "broke til we get it and fix it" does that not send a message to the OEs to drive development backwards?

thoughts?

Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted October 11, 2010 04:24 PM        
quote:
so this begs to ask (though it is early in the poll) if people will buy the bike regardless of restrictions does that mean kawi and any other OEM can produce any bike they want lacking in power etc?

Of course some people will buy regardless of the performance. Looks, emotions, brand loyalty, people who are looking at the base and what it could be with performance parts, aftermarket support, mfg contingency $$ any of those or all I doubt going to care that much what it makes stock.

Could be a blessing in disguise with the aftermarket who want to see it shine and come up with some new unfounded go fast part (s) that uncork mo power!

I mean - if we consider everything to be "broke til we get it and fix it" does that not send a message to the OEs to drive development backwards?
thoughts?

I don't see this as a OE issue yet. If this bike is neutered to meet some new sound or emission law would have to think the other mfgs' have to follow suit too. Sucks it appears we are tougher here in U.S. and Canada than other parts of the world -I'm positive Kawasaki feels the same

Rick

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 11, 2010 05:44 PM        
So explain how other oe's work around the issue as it must effect all of then, no? Clearly BMW has the best work around based on the performance of their liter bike

Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted October 12, 2010 03:54 AM        Edited By: Ricksgsxr on 12 Oct 2010 11:55
So explain how other oe's work around the issue as it must effect all of then, no?

Fish- I have no clue how the other OEM's do or don't but have seen any other 2011 dyno, press release hp blurbs etc on a TRUE 2011 model and not a leftover 2010 yet either.

Clearly BMW has the best work around based on the performance of their liter bike]

100% agree with this for now but...like I said above jury's out till the 2011 model is released.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 12, 2010 04:19 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 12 Oct 2010 12:21
Dunno but yamaha, ducati and BMW all seem to be playing the game well - or "better" than kmc?

Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 12, 2010 12:34 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 12 Oct 2010 20:37
quote:

thoughts?

My thought is that you are a Kawasaki hater...it is very apparent in your biased reporting.

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted October 12, 2010 03:09 PM        
I dont know about Fish but I am no Kaw hater. I currently have a ZX-14 and think it is a good
bike, but my S1000RR is incredible and is the first euro brand I have ever bought.
Support companys that push performance no matter what name is on the tank.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 12, 2010 08:10 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 13 Oct 2010 04:11
quote:
quote:

thoughts?

My thought is that you are a Kawasaki hater...it is very apparent in your biased reporting.

How am I a "Kawasaki Hater"? Not only do I own a Kawasaki , but I own zx-14.com! Now you're just being a fucking jackass.

There's nothing biased in the reporting - we reported the facts direct from the dealer show. Don't see any bias in that - certainly I'm with everyone else in wishing we didn;t get stuck with a restricted bike - should I be happy about that or something?

come on dude - give it a rest.

BTW you should be thankful we broke this news - clearly it's important to any potential purchaser.

With any luck a solution will be at hand

lietoome

Needs a job
posted October 13, 2010 08:46 AM        
hooker here too.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Poll - does lower hp output of 2011 effect your purchase decision? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21492004394531 seconds processing time