HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: sold my soul to the devil....goodbye zx12r hello zx10r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BALTIMORE410

Expert Class
posted May 06, 2012 03:38 PM        
sold my soul to the devil....goodbye zx12r hello zx10r

i had the oppertunity to buy a very very beautiful 2005 zx12r with alil over 8700 miles on it bone stock.... i owned several and everytime i always had headaches and problems also found a 2004 zx10r with 1,900 miles on it for sale....needless to say i went with the 10 its bone stock even the exhaust pipe.... just changed the oil from whatever to amz oil 10w 40w along with the oil filter the brake fluid looks as dark as the oil so ill probably change that tomorrow until i can save up some money for the brake lines the pads look pretty decent the antifreeze is alil low so i already topped that off and omg the chain was so so soooo dry lubed it up and ill be changing the tires sometime this week this saturday ill pop the gas tank and see what the air filter looks like and if possible change the spark plugs...this bike has been sittin for 3 years dont wanna take any chances....just thought i give an introduction im new to this zx10 so *waves*

p.s. how do you upload pics from your phone on to here?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit BALTIMORE410's homepage. 
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted May 10, 2012 12:17 PM        
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
BALTIMORE410

Expert Class
posted May 10, 2012 09:29 PM        
hey hey hey its still in the family and i still have the red stretched 2000 zx12r thats collecting dust in my granmothers garage back up atlantic city but MAN SHIPTEEY THIS DAM ZX10R IS STUPID FAST STOCK

Davo10R

Parking Attendant
posted May 11, 2012 09:27 PM        
Nice! Had an 04. It was stolen. Picked up a low mileage 05. Change the fork oil while your at it with some good stuff. Add a bit more than stock. You can do a search to get the exact amount. Keeps it from bottoming and you will notice the difference. Don't know how heavy you are but add some sag to the rear too. Makes it track the bumps better. If you change that shit chain...add an extra link...moves the axle out and makes it more stable. If it has -the stock tires burn them immediately! My favorite tire are Pirellis for that bike. Diablo Rosso II's..there are stickier varieties but they are great for the street. Michelin 2CT's are nice but the Pirellis are better cold and don't move around as much. Change that air filter to a K&N or BMC. I have a Akropovic Titanium slip on that I just took off of my 05 if you need one. I'll let it go for $200. If you can't afford an exhaust. Take un-bolt the stock one and pound out the Catalytic converter. It will breath better. Wrote a book...haa.

Ignore this member   
BALTIMORE410

Expert Class
posted May 12, 2012 11:02 AM        
davo thanks for the advice i never had a ten all i known are 12's but alot of my friends (older and wiser) told me to try something different so i got a 10r....im 6 foot and weight about 210-215 depending on what time of the year...today i took the bike out for a ride to the west virginia racetrack not to race but just to put some miles on the motor prior to today i just put the factory steering dampner on last night (god i love craigslist) its like night and day no tank slappers (already expierenced one) had it bouncing off the rev limiter red 180-179 of course thats not accurate but for the bike to be as smooth as it is at that speed i mind blowing... very easy to flick left and right and i feel absolutely confident when leaning that bad boy in a corner even with the back end wigglin left and right im not a racer or a stunt rider but this bike gives me nothing but confidence...and i already bodied several local bikes here in baltimore in a straight line acceleration match even with the front end bouncin up and down (stretched gsxr750/gsxr1100/blackbird/hayabusa (he sucked as a rider it was him not the bike)
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: sold my soul to the devil....goodbye zx12r hello zx10r NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21521687507629 seconds processing time