HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Bikeland's Grudge Race a Huge Success! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
posted June 12, 2005 12:22 AM        
quote:
The fun only started at the Grudge.... we gots lots o stories from the ride home.....lol

Glad to meet everyone!

Yea..raise your hand if you were caught by the cops firing giant bottle rockets out of a fireworks mortar from the back seat of a ford expedition going 80mph down the intersate....oh.....that must have just been us.

Whoda thought that was a crime in South Carolina

Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 12, 2005 04:40 AM        
nice.....

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Tanner

Parking Attendant
posted June 12, 2005 05:44 AM        
I just want to let everyone know that I had a hell-ova time and even though I did not get to meet everyone personally....I did get to put a face with some of the screen names on here. With me being the "new guy" it was good to be a part of such a cool event.
I would also like to personally Thank all of the ZX12r riders and their overheating clutches for allowing me to get in as many passes as I did, (27 total). You can count me in for the next event.
For those that I did not get to meet personally and are wondering who the hell I am.....I am the one on the black busa with the red "wired" Aria helmet. I was also told by more than one person that I could pass for "Super Dave's" twin! He must be a good lookin' guy!
Thanks again for a good time fellas!
Tanner

Ignore this member   
TurboBusa

Parking Attendant
posted June 12, 2005 06:19 AM        
quote:
quote:
The fun only started at the Grudge.... we gots lots o stories from the ride home.....lol

Glad to meet everyone!

Yea..raise your hand if you were caught by the cops firing giant bottle rockets out of a fireworks mortar from the back seat of a ford expedition going 80mph down the intersate....oh.....that must have just been us.

LOL
One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison,But anything that goes beyond this is a voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny and is likely to interfear with happiness in all kinds of ways

Ignore this member   
ozzy

Needs a job
need guberment cheese
posted June 12, 2005 04:49 PM        
quote:
go through twisties Ozzy......

I been hearing for 2 years now how the 10R beats the hell out of the 12R in a straight line. How the 10R is a nearly uncontrolable beast,makes a 12R feel slow, blah blah.

Ignore this member   
vozizm

Needs a job
Got Nothing Witty To Say
posted June 13, 2005 05:29 AM        
WHAT WAS THE BEST TIME EVERYONE RAN...

mine was a slowwww 10.56

Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted June 13, 2005 08:09 AM        
quote:

lol that looks like the Sterbator special cajun style clutch.

That pretty much sums up the day for me, lol. Put a clutch in soaked with oil, make a few passes, pull it out and it's almost completely dry.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Matt Sterbator's homepage. 
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted June 13, 2005 08:10 AM        
Weren't there more pics, in larger sizes ?
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted June 13, 2005 10:35 AM        
It was GREAT meeting everyone that I had not had the honor of knowing before and good to see all my "old" friends again and getting to visit some.
Just wanted to say thanks to Kawachan for the shirt, Fish for the pizza, Vincent for the Quickstand, Mad Mike for the multi-tool and most of all, Entropy for the time of my life when he graciously ask me to share his room for the night..................:-) All kidding aside, thanks to all for a great day, sorry I left before the group picture was made.
Dan

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 13, 2005 11:08 AM        Edited By: VincentHill on 13 Jun 2005 12:13
quote:
quote:

lol that looks like the Sterbator special cajun style clutch.

That pretty much sums up the day for me, lol. Put a clutch in soaked with oil, make a few passes, pull it out and it's almost completely dry.

Matt, not only do you have need a Muzzy clutch, but you need to flatten one side of the Pull shaft. Flatten it about 5 MM Wide on one side and it will help get more cooling oil into the clutch with out too much extra Drag from the extra Oil. (A Bergie Trick!)

Dan, I was just surprized that you dod not know about that tool ??

I was very happy that you could use it. Glad you made the trip safe and sound. Give a special Hug the the Sarge "Lydia" (I KNOW who is in charge there!!)

The #1 thing about most racers are that they are good people because just being there take all you have. I did not meet anyone I could not call friend or would not want to hang out with. Again, my hero is Charles, anyone that survived Iraq ia just that !

Ignore this member   
osti33

Needs a job
posted June 13, 2005 11:11 AM        
quote:
quote:

Glad to meet everyone!

LMAO!! Any more burn holes in the seats?? You Florida guys are crazy!!

Ignore this member   
osti33

Needs a job
posted June 13, 2005 11:12 AM        
It was a great time! I would do it again in a minute! It was a pleasure to meet everyone.
  Ignore this member   
BA

Pro
posted June 13, 2005 01:24 PM        
Anyone on stock wheel-bases here or just me?!?!?!

Ignore this member   
your car is slow

Needs a job
Fuck Nitrous...Got Boost?
posted June 13, 2005 01:29 PM        
Krissten and TB were...think I recall at least 2 other SWB bikes too.

Ignore this member    Click here to send Your Car Is Slow an AIM message. 
zx12girl

Pro
Adrenaline Junkie
posted June 13, 2005 01:33 PM        
Voz was stock wheelbase!!!

Ignore this member   
BROOKLYNNYZX12

Zone Head
posted June 13, 2005 02:06 PM        
I was stock wheelbase....9.86@144 mph in the heat....Thanks to Rick(CrotchRocket)and Jason Millers Seminars every time I go out,I go faster and faster.Looking for a 9.70 pass now!

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 13, 2005 02:08 PM        
quote:

Matt, not only do you have need a Muzzy clutch, but you need to flatten one side of the Pull shaft. Flatten it about 5 MM Wide on one side and it will help get more cooling oil into the clutch with out too much extra Drag from the extra Oil. (A Bergie Trick!)!

Unbeknownst to Brian.... its already been done. Matter of fact..every trick we could think of has been done. Maybe we'll experiment with a lockup next.

Ignore this member   
BROOKLYNNYZX12

Zone Head
posted June 13, 2005 02:14 PM        
Maybe Matt should try Rick's(CrotchRocket) clutch set up.He uses a stock 02 hub along with the big plates and a billet basket.The 02 hub has much bigger passages to let the oil through,along with the billet basket makes for a pretty bullet proof clutch with no modifications to the rod.He has the set up on his 02 and we did it on my 03...I have close to 100 passes on mine...Check Rick out for the clutch,hes got alot of passes on his set up!

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 13, 2005 02:22 PM        
Brook... funny enough I had a 2002 for quite awhile and never noticed any difference in the clutch parts from some leftover 00-01 parts I had.

Mine worked fine with 2.0steels, Schnitz HD springs, and the 00 Muzzy hub I bought used.

Even tried an 00 billet basket to see if there were any differences.. and it still ran fine.

We have another idea about spraying some oil on the pack...

Ignore this member   
vozizm

Needs a job
Got Nothing Witty To Say
posted June 13, 2005 03:10 PM        
after event was over a certain someone gave me a set of lowering straps that he had ALL DAY... maybe my times could have gotten a we bit better.... ... i think he was afraid i will beat him!!

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted June 13, 2005 03:19 PM        
quote:
after event was over a certain someone gave me a set of lowering straps that he had ALL DAY... maybe my times could have gotten a we bit better.... ... i think he was afraid i will beat him!!

I saw that also! One of our Board Christian Brothers that brought the lowering straps right at 5 PM I am not going to say his name to give him away but his Initials are "MM"

Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted June 13, 2005 03:25 PM        
Krissten went 9.79 to match her best, SWB.

Vince, it IS a Muzzy hub, Muzzy basket, Muzzy springs, and 2.0 steels. Like I said, there was LESS oil on the plates after being run in the bike, than when I put them in. I got 100+ passes on the stock basket and clutch set up. I get anywhere from 25-40 passes on a clutch now, and the plates are ALWAYS dry when I pull them out. I've broken atleast 4 inner fibers, Kristen has broken about the same amount (same exact clutch set up, Falicon basket).

Actually, what I really want is more consistant and predictable performance out of a clutch. Longevity would just be a bonus.

After watching CR and Brooklyn make up to 3 back to back passes at a time, SEVERAL times, and not once seeing them burning their hands on clutch parts... I'm awful tempted to give that a shot.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread... any more pics from the event ?

vozizm

Needs a job
Got Nothing Witty To Say
posted June 13, 2005 04:00 PM        
yeah more pics..

kawachan was taking lots...where ya at bro...

Ignore this member   
BROOKLYNNYZX12

Zone Head
posted June 13, 2005 04:58 PM        
Matt,speak to Rick...i'm pretty sure the '02 hub is the ticket to that clutch....along with the plates he recommended to you.99% the Muzzy hub is a modified 00/01 piece...like I said earlier I have almost 100 passes on the clutch in my bike...Rick gave me the part #'s for everything and he did the installation....all by the book!I'm pretty sure the springs are all 02 stockers too...check it out,you can't argue with his success...jus my .02

Ignore this member   
Tanner

Parking Attendant
posted June 13, 2005 05:26 PM        
I ran a 9.60 at 142 mph. After that I was running pretty consistant 9.6's and 9.7's much of the day.
Tanner

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Bikeland\'s Grudge Race a Huge Success! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27917194366455 seconds processing time