HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Best roads ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Tool man

Needs a job
posted January 18, 2007 07:03 PM        
Best roads ?

I have in mind a road trip for my wife and I sometime in the near future.
I would like to compile a list of "favorite roads" for you all.

When you list your choice please include Hwy # and name, road condition also any
town nearby worth visiting

Also attractions and favorite restaurant / watering holes.

One more thing How heavily is it patrolled by the PoPo (police) ?

I will start with Arizona Hwy 89, Start north out of Wickenburg, after about 10 mi stay right on 89 to Prescott Az. Yarnell hill is next it is a fast sweeping twisty. Can be heavily patrolled on the weekend. Next a beautiful valley of horse ranches. Next 20 miles of some of the best twisty road ever. Now you're in Prescott. Stop at the Prescott Brewing Co. Good food / Better beer, Its on the Square downtown. (Don't drink & drive): North out of Prescott take 89A to Sedona . Along 89A up next is Mingus Mt. fun twistys (carefull I almost ... one day) Then Jerome an old mining town almost dead in the '70's Now a thriving art'ze, fart'ze community. Pass thru Cottonwood (nuttin there) Next is Sedona (Red rocks) Cool place The wife and I got married there. Take some time and poke around. North on 89A to Flagstaff More twisty but short (watch for Popo)
Now you're in Flagstaff Stay over night and go to The Grand Canyon in the morning

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted January 28, 2007 09:08 AM        
Shady Valley, TN is a sport mecca similar to Deal's gap but 8 mountain passes instead of one. Location is at the intersectrion of rt 421,133, and 91, via rt 421 about 20 miles south of Bristol TN/VA. also accessable from Boone NC by traveling north on 421 25 miles thru the town of Mountain City. Two great alpine nearby to rent boats for a day, Lake Hollsten, and Watuaga Lake. Cruise the Blue Ridge Pky or hike the Appalachian Trail which passes right thru rt. 421 near the peak of the Cherokee Nat. Forrest. Stay in Mountain City to be closest to the Valley or Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Beech Mountain.....tons a things to see and too many to list. Give me a shout if your going my mountain is 10 miles south toward Boone

http://www.motorcycleplayground.com/Roads/hwy91/shadyValley.html

Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
Tool man

Needs a job
posted February 01, 2007 03:27 PM        
Thank you... I will, we are buyin a Toy Hauler soon and will use the as a base camp. So many good roads so little time off

Ignore this member   
schooligan

Novice Class
posted March 03, 2007 06:04 PM        
Tool man, gotta visit us here in sc. hwy 276 from intersection of hwy 11 north of Greenville, SC has 8 miles of sheer twisty pleasure. Even has passing lanes in the 12 switchbacks, leading up to Cesar's head State Park. A couple of the swictchbacks even come back more than 180 degrees. They even put a nice slant to the road in the curves to keep them dry and even more enjoyable. After you've had your fill there, go north on 276 to Brevard, NC get some eats and head north on 276/64 to where 276 breaks off into the Pisgah National Forest. About 15-20 miles to the top and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Climbs over 2000 ft. twisty and fun. see waterfalls, get to the top rest on the overllook of the parkway, then head back down. OR you can go down the less travelled and much tighter back side down to sunburst. If this ride doesn't get the heart pumping, your dead.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Best roads ? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20838594436646 seconds processing time