HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R First Look! Bikeland's Exclusive Video and Riding Impressions NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted October 21, 2010 06:38 PM        Edited By: frEEk on 7 Jul 2021 23:05
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R First Look! Bikeland's Exclusive Video and Riding Impressions

Bikeland got a chance to take an exclusive first look at the new 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R today. We dig under the seat a bit and get some initial riding impressions. Watch the video above and discuss in our ZX10R forums. Make sure to check out our Let's Dismantle a 2011 ZX-10R video when you're there!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 22, 2010 05:16 AM        
Bike is surprisingly light - feels like that curb weight quoted by kawi is accurate

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 10:25 AM        
Can see the Videos .. It said private users only

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 22, 2010 10:36 AM        
Can't see the video.
It says:
"This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 22, 2010 10:43 AM        
Censored by Kawasaki

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 22, 2010 12:44 PM        Edited By: frEEk on 22 Oct 2010 20:52
Really Kawasaki? Resorting to this? You make some cool product and have some great people in your company, but you got a history of some real shitty policies and decisions when it comes to business.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 12:50 PM        
It's no wonder with the way Fish always bashes their product...

It's obvious to everyone...

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 22, 2010 12:59 PM        
Shane661, you have a seriously odd definition of bashing. Apparently the same one Kawasaki goes by, which is "unless you say absolutely nothing negative, you are bashing". Would you prefer if we sugar coated everything, and said every bike is perfect? We wouldn't be providing much of a service then would we? If we experience a problem or drawback with a bike, we report it. That is what media *should* do. We're not an extension of Kawasaki's (or anyone else's) marketing department. I think you need to take an objective re-look at Bikeland's coverage of Kawasaki product. If you go in without making your mind up first, you'll see pretty quickly that we've always come with an overall positive review of their product. Yes, there are certain shortcomings that have rankled fish_antlers (ie. incredibly inconvenient battery box design on the 12R, 14 with a propensity to overheat). But those were all very real problems. And we never said "this bike is shit" because of it. It was always "great bike, just keep this issue in mind to avoid a bad situation".
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 01:06 PM        
Give me a break. You guys bash the shit out of their sport bikes...like I say, it's not just me that can see this...and not just Kawasaki, either.

It is beyond obvious.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 22, 2010 01:08 PM        
Really? Show me where. More importantly, show me where there was ever something negative said that wasn't true/called for. And I repeat: should we not publish the negatives? I guess all the big bike mags should eliminate their "Cons" section in their Pros/Cons blurbs too eh?
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 01:12 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 22 Oct 2010 21:15
Freek, I am not wasting my time on re-reading, linking, and quoting the bash-happy garbage. Hell, up until these lates few articles Fish has been bashing the 10R like crazy...

You should make more articles about Kawasaki "losing their iconic slogan" to Hortons. What a super-exclusive that was! That was some great journalism...not.

You guys know what you have done. Many other people here see it as well. Obviously, so does Kawasaki.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 22, 2010 01:43 PM        
You want to bash Bikeland for bashing but won't back it up eh? What a surprise. See, when we have something negative to say, we DO back it up. What a concept eh?

As to the Horton's thing... do you actually have a sense of humor at all? Or is everything all serious all the time to you? We're not a peer reviewed scientific journal discussing the latest cancer treatments, we will sometimes have a little fluff piece for a smirk.

And yeah, we know exactly what we have done. We've been honest and forthright. We haven't hidden anything. We've been fair to our readership AND to the manufacturers.

As to the other people who see it as well, yeah, die-hard Kawasaki fanatics will see bashing anytime someone doesnt say "Kawasaki Is the best!" like a 16 year old fanboy. Same goes for every other manufacturer's blind fans. I love my Kawasaki, I most certainly never regret buying it, but I can admit that it has faults.

Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 01:44 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 22 Oct 2010 21:44
quote:
You want to bash Bikeland for bashing but won't back it up eh? What a surprise. See, when we have something negative to say, we DO back it up. What a concept eh?

As to the Horton's thing... do you actually have a sense of humor at all? Or is everything all serious all the time to you? We're not a peer reviewed scientific journal discussing the latest cancer treatments, we will sometimes have a little fluff piece for a smirk.

And yeah, we know exactly what we have done. We've been honest and forthright. We haven't hidden anything. We've been fair to our readership AND to the manufacturers.

As to the other people who see it as well, yeah, die-hard Kawasaki fanatics will see bashing anytime someone doesnt say "Kawasaki Is the best!" like a 16 year old fanboy. Same goes for every other manufacturer's blind fans. I love my Kawasaki, I most certainly never regret buying it, but I can admit that it has faults.

Whatever, man. Convince Kawasaki, not me.

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted October 22, 2010 02:12 PM        
Shane, you are a very sensitive person. Let it rest.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 02:13 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 22 Oct 2010 22:14
quote:
Shane, you are a very sensitive person. Let it rest.

I'm not the one whining about being censored.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 22, 2010 02:24 PM        
I don't think it is bashing, more of an attitude. Kinda just the feeling that fish has the ass at Kawasaki, nothing you can put your finger on. And maybe someone a Kawasaki is watching closely. As evident by how quickly they censored that video.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted October 22, 2010 03:10 PM        
Kawasaki doesn't want our press TedG - they watch the site, take what the Members think and feel about the products but don't want to give anything BACK to the Members.

(Same song with Kawasaki - it's like a bad Karaoke night that won't end and everyone is singing "Smoke Get's In Your Eyes", Over and over....)

It's the people who love Kawasaki and ONLY Kawasaki who are really being hurt - by Kawasaki.

Me?
I am a bike whore - I will ride anything, except a Harley - even Ho's have standards!

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 22, 2010 03:19 PM        
quote:
Kawasaki doesn't want our press TedG - they watch the site, take what the Members think and feel about the products but don't want to give anything BACK to the Members.

(Same song with Kawasaki - it's like a bad Karaoke night that won't end and everyone is singing "Smoke Get's In Your Eyes", Over and over....)

It's the people who love Kawasaki and ONLY Kawasaki who are really being hurt - by Kawasaki.

Me?
I am a bike whore - I will ride anything, except a Harley - even Ho's have standards!

I got to agree. And agree, I will about the bike whore and Harleys. I ride what I like best, no matter what brand. I own Kawasakis, Yamahas, Hondas, and KTMs at the moment.
I am not bashing, just making an observation.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 03:20 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 22 Oct 2010 23:21
quote:

Way to bash!

As far as I can tell, they just don't want to give anything to you guys....

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 22, 2010 05:09 PM        
quote:
quote:

Way to bash!

As far as I can tell, they just don't want to give anything to you guys....

Again Shane, you continue to demonstrate that you know nothing about what is going - this publication was contracted by Kawasaki to keep information regarding 2011 product confidential til a specified date and time - we've been in receipt of all the specifications of these machines for quite sometime. We honored the contract which expired weeks ago which is why this is bogus . The contract is up - there is no embargo - nothing to censor - hence the "issue"

Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2010 05:14 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 23 Oct 2010 01:26
So...if it is so "bogus"...why did you take the info down?

If you knew the specs...why couldn't you provide the redline of the bike even a few days ago...while other sites could???

quote:
Spoke with a friend at Kawi yesterday and asked about the redline - they replied "geez I never really took notice - all I know is that it stops going before it should!". We laughed - that was funny!!

I will wait for the bikes to hit the dealers, then we all will see the real deal...right?

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 23, 2010 05:55 AM        Edited By: dubious on 23 Oct 2010 13:56

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted October 24, 2010 01:02 AM        
What's "fishy" about this whole thing, is that someone in Canada has supposedly gotten ahold of one to do a dyno comparison, Bikeland has seen one, sat on it, ridden it , but nothing of any substance, other than the huge issue of the storage under the pillion not being big enough.
  Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 24, 2010 04:28 AM        Edited By: dubious on 24 Oct 2010 14:16
There is nothing Fishy about it.
Calgary has some large international dealers.
Blackfoot has connections, and a decent race program, a leading one in Canada, and on par with the better ones in the USA.

Kawasaki is making every effort to ensure any publicity they get is positive, and that the websites that have insight, also are moderating and controlling the publicity the bike receives.

On a couple of occaisions I have thought that this website could use more control, and on the other hand also appreciate the freedom of speech. Its catch 22 for a forum owner.

However if I was a Major Manufature, I would want to see more moderation.
Things get off topic here very easilly, and it doesn't get controlled enough.
Look at the past few threads about this.
as a business owner, I wouldn't want to be associated with any lack of professional conduct.

Ignore this member   
Princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted October 24, 2010 07:16 AM        
I guess if I had to pinpoint the second I lost respect for kmc is when they got mad when we went out and bought a Concours and put a video out featuring our new purchase

We bought the bike just as anyone could. We walked off the street and opened our wallet. Just happened to be before Kawasaki released their official material.

They have been trying to punish Bikeland ever since
Oh and they didn't like us and the membership reporting all the problems with the 14. Overheating, frames cracking I guess we were supposed to just supposed to moderate all that away for the benefit of Kawasaki and the expense of the membership.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R First Look! Bikeland\'s Exclusive Video and Riding Impressions NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.30074191093445 seconds processing time