HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Kawasaki Takes Aggressive Stance Despite Poor Economy NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted October 14, 2011 05:23 PM        Edited By: frEEk on 16 Oct 2011 20:57
Kawasaki Takes Aggressive Stance Despite Poor Economy

Despite grim global economic forecasts, Kawasaki held a National Dealer Meeting in Orlando, Florida signalling it is business as usual for the now number one manufacturer of Japanese motorcycles second year running. While other OEMs have taken a defensive approach during the economic downturn focusing their sales efforts on emerging markets, Kawasaki's Motorcycle & Engine Company President, Hiroshi Takata stated that the USA remains Kawasaki's "most important market". He went on to say that Kawasaki intends "to strengthen our position, not only in the motorcycle business, but also in our four wheeler and Jet Ski businesses." In his executive presentation, Takata stressed that Kawasaki remained poised to take advantage of the void other manufacturers were leaving in the U.S. market, and vowed to continue to innovate and produce products that appeal to Americans.

Kawasaki Motor Corporation USA President Tak Teranishi outlined the company's three year goal―to be rated number one in overall customer satisfaction. Teranishi also stated they intend to "raise the bar in market, design, power, performance and quality" and that Kawasaki's goal is to become number one in sales in every market segment.

Executives acknowledged those goals are challenging, especially given the current global economic environment. They noted that last year the industry lost over a million unit sales and contracted a further 20%. Executives also pointed out there are now fewer consumers seeking products and those consumers have more choices available than ever before. They voiced specific concern over Social Media and stressed that a positive consumer experience was essential in today's Marketplace, noting a negative customer product review or dealer experience can reach tens of thousands of people in seconds via the Internet. The customer is more powerful than ever, so Kawasaki is "working harder for you" was the mantra.

According to the statistics from their presentation - The Internet is now twice as large a shopping source than all other sources of media combined.
Where will this lead? Time will tell, but it was apparent that their Dealer Meeting was more than just a venue to introduce new product. Putting on such an extravagant event in tough economic times when others are cutting back is clearly intended to demonstrate to their dealers, the media and their competitors that Kawasaki has the management and financial backing to take the (non-Harley) Powersports industry leadership role.

One also has to ask how the other OEMs will react - and whose strategy will prevail.

If it's a game of chicken, Kawasaki's not blinking.

Hell For Leather attended the show

Source: Bikeland

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 14, 2011 09:20 PM        
Ain't no one else puttin on shows like this!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted October 14, 2011 10:14 PM        
Got to agree with this post..............Kawasaki deserves credit for being bold and innovative in this type of economy.................that said I also agree with the second point of the article that customers have more power than ever to make or break a company's or brand's reputation via message boards and social media.

So bottom line if Kawasaki really delivered the goods like Rickey G has stated then they should be rewarded for a LONG time to come with good sales and the reputation as the biggest baddest and boldest motorcycle company out there................We ALL know its going to be a torque monster but for me the bottom line is 20 more horsepower than a Gen 1 Zx 14 stock and another 20 horsepower uncorked with an exhaust and 47mm TB's any less that that and I'll be disappointed,

So for now I'll just sit back and wait, I'm excited and hoping this bike delivers what i'm looking for.............if it does I'll be eager to race down to the dealer to give them my money for a new Zx 14R!!!!!!!!.............if not I'll pass and keep my current paid off 2006 ZX 14!!!

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted October 15, 2011 01:14 AM        
I like the new attitude...it reminds me of the old attitude that made me a fan growing up
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted October 15, 2011 04:05 AM        
screw 'em..i'm still piss over KHI extended warranty service..or lack of..

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 09:20 AM        
Costs millions to put on an event like this complete with fireworks, open bars, live bands, giant light shows...

busa08

Novice Class
2007 zx14 SE
posted October 15, 2011 10:06 AM        
quote:
Costs millions to put on an event like this complete with fireworks, open bars, live bands, giant light shows...

yes sir.. very true.. and we are paying for it!! 15k!!

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 15, 2011 10:11 AM        
Pretty kick ass, imo.
  Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted October 15, 2011 10:32 AM        
quote:
quote:

You're right busa08, I am sure that the price increase had nothing to do with inflation, the earthquake/tsunami in Japan, all the rebuilding that is sucking up natural resources, or probably the biggest reason, the devaluation of the US dollar to the Japanese Yen.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 10:56 AM        
You beat me to it Dakota

busa08

Novice Class
2007 zx14 SE
posted October 15, 2011 11:11 AM        Edited By: busa08 on 15 Oct 2011 19:15
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're right busa08, I am sure that the price increase had nothing to do with inflation, the earthquake/tsunami in Japan, all the rebuilding that is sucking up natural resources, or probably the biggest reason, the devaluation of the US dollar to the Japanese Yen.

well.. it has nothing to do with tsunami because i work for car japanese manufacture and we were down from 400 cars in dealer in stock in april to 30 cars in stock 45 days ago!!!! totally out of business and lost alot of customers guess what manufacture has done nothing for his sales people for the last 4 months...but one thing did not happen was price increase for 2012 models. inflation is another excuse we all learn to accept!!

bottom line is people are not going to buy because of this high prices because the INFLATION MAKE PEOPLE GO BROKE!! and then kawasaki says: oh my god what happened?

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted October 15, 2011 11:27 AM        
wonder what the 14r would cost without traction control?
wee

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 12:44 PM        
Uh ... Busa08 - have you checked the price of commodities and the value of the greenback recently ? Your head isn't in the sans, is it?

Brock

Sponsor
posted October 15, 2011 01:26 PM        Edited By: Brock on 15 Oct 2011 21:27
I personally think it’s amazing they have held the price of the new 14 to only $14.8K. If you factor in the decreased value of the dollar vs. the Yen alone... a basically unchanged ‘bold new graphics’ 2008 version ZX-14 should be sitting on the showroom floor for about $15.8K. NOW factor in all of the R&D and marketing expenses for the 14R and it really doesn't make ANY SENSE that it's only $14.8.

All I can say is that KHI must be making a bunch of money on heavy equipment and is investing on the future of motorcycles eventually turning around, because this industry makes no viable economic sense on paper. They must really want to be the kings of the Japanese Powersports world. If I were a Kawasaki dealer, I think I would be pretty happy right now.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted October 15, 2011 01:50 PM        
quote:
I personally think it’s amazing they have held the price of the new 14 to only $14.8K. If you factor in the decreased value of the dollar vs. the Yen alone... a basically unchanged ‘bold new graphics’ 2008 version ZX-14 should be sitting on the showroom floor for about $15.8K. NOW factor in all of the R&D and marketing expenses for the 14R and it really doesn't make ANY SENSE that it's only $14.8.

All I can say is that KHI must be making a bunch of money on heavy equipment and is investing on the future of motorcycles eventually turning around, because this industry makes no viable economic sense on paper. They must really want to be the kings of the Japanese Powersports world. If I were a Kawasaki dealer, I think I would be pretty happy right now.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

I dont think they are focusing on profits at this time Brock............this segment of the market is really just Kawasaki and Suzuki..............I think Kawasaki is looking to grab major market share from Suzuki over the next few years if Suzuki doesnt have an immediate answer for the ZX 14R

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 15, 2011 01:55 PM        Edited By: Brock on 15 Oct 2011 21:56
ZX14Mike,

Im not talking about this segment; I mean this entire industry. If you pick up a dealenews magazine, the numbers will scare anyone who understand basic math to death.

If Suzuki has an answer to the 14R anytime soon... it will be a huge surprise to everyone I know.

Brock

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
busa08

Novice Class
2007 zx14 SE
posted October 15, 2011 02:23 PM        Edited By: busa08 on 15 Oct 2011 22:27
quote:
Uh ... Busa08 - have you checked the price of commodities and the value of the greenback recently ? Your head isn't in the sans, is it?

time will tell fish.. that's all i can say..
let's see.. i am looking at get me a clean used one( 14R) in 2 years with full system and other accessories, low mileage for 8000.00 dollars...save 8000.00 dollars!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 05:44 PM        
quote:
quote:

time will tell fish.. that's all i can say..
let's see.. i am looking at get me a clean used one( 14R) in 2 years with full system and other accessories, low mileage for 8000.00 dollars...save 8000.00 dollars!

right... but buying a USED bike in a down economy when people are liquidating their assets to pay down bills has absolutely nothing to do with the hard cost to manufacture a product in the same economy when commodities and fuel are through the roof and the currency is in the shitter.

If you're pissed off, voice it at your next election.

busa08

Novice Class
2007 zx14 SE
posted October 15, 2011 06:04 PM        Edited By: busa08 on 16 Oct 2011 03:51
voicing my opinion won't do a damn good.. they do what they want to do.. i just have to go with the flow and that means do what best works for me. ..and if you think i am ruining you guys celebration of the new bike please forgive me and you have all the rights to delete me from the forum.. it won't hurt my feelings.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 06:56 PM        
quote:
voicing my opinion won't do a damn good.. they do what they want to do.. i just have to go with the flow and that means do what best work for me. ..and if you think i am ruining you guys celebration of the new bike please forgive me and you have all the rights to delete me from the forum.. it won't hurt my feelings.

what are you talking about man

busa08

Novice Class
2007 zx14 SE
posted October 15, 2011 08:50 PM        Edited By: busa08 on 16 Oct 2011 04:53
quote:
quote:
voicing my opinion won't do a damn good.. they do what they want to do.. i just have to go with the flow and that means do what best work for me. ..and if you think i am ruining you guys celebration of the new bike please forgive me and you have all the rights to delete me from the forum.. it won't hurt my feelings.

what you have to understand is that manufacture sell the bikes to dealer with certain cost, invoice minus holdback in most cases and that is a done deal, they get their money and it is not that they can send the bike back if not sold, then dealer has to convince the customer to pay 15k for the bike which with this economy not very many people can afford ...so bikes sit and sit till dealer has to get rid of old age and sell for whatever price it takes to make profit and open room for more inventory ( you don't sell you don't get new allocation!!) well you can figure the rest out fish.. hardley any mark ups in this bikes from factory and you have to give them away and still make money to run your business and pay your bills and people!!

Ignore this member   
Rideharder

Zone Head
posted October 15, 2011 09:03 PM        
I'm pretty sure that BMW will step up their game in 2013 so I figured if I was going to get a second bike that would be it 2013 BMW motorcycle. I'm really thinking about just modifying my zx14 06 Instead of buying the new overpriced ZX14 and for my second motorcycle buying the 2013 BMW. The price stickers pretty high for this motorcycle and like all motorcycles the first year normally has recalls so I'm waiting to see how many recalls this big engines going to run into before they really have it together. Hopefully next month we can get a better understanding of the new 2012 ZX14 overall performance. Now don't get me wrong guys as you see I've been a loyal ZX14 06 Kawasaki owner. I say why spend the money intill you really know the truth. When I purchased my ZX14 06 I thought that it was the best of the best and I realized after I purchased it that it really did not live up to its name king of the road so I learned my lesson to wait and have a better understanding before I waste my money on something.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 15, 2011 09:12 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

what you have to understand is that manufacture sell the bikes to dealer with certain cost, invoice minus holdback in most cases and that is a done deal, they get their money and it is not that they can send the bike back if not sold, then dealer has to convince the customer to pay 15k for the bike which with this economy not very many people can afford ...so bikes sit and sit till dealer has to get rid of old age and sell for whatever price it takes to make profit and open room for more inventory ( you don't sell you don't get new allocation!!) well you can figure the rest out fish.. hardley any mark ups in this bikes from factory and you have to give them away and still make money to run your business and pay your bills and people!!

I don't get it - you're all over the map dude.

Rideharder

Zone Head
posted October 15, 2011 09:20 PM        
My bike looks just as good as the 2012 so if its speed I need 7,995.00 for 220 + H.P and I save money.

STAGE 3 ENGINE PACKAGE Total Price: 7,995.00 = We can safely say 220 + H.P. and 125 + FT-LB Torque engine package.
http://www.aceperformance.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Rideharder's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 16, 2011 06:27 AM        
How did this get turned around into upgrading used 14s? Thought it was about kawis position in the industry?

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: Kawasaki Takes Aggressive Stance Despite Poor Economy NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21701002120972 seconds processing time