HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 1982 suzuki gs850l please help yall NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Big country

Parking Attendant
posted August 08, 2014 11:58 AM        
1982 suzuki gs850l please help yall

Bike has 2 dead cylinders, changed coils and plugs, it does have fire to the plugs, tested it with a plug tester light, also removed it and verified that it sparked, but 2 head pipes still cold, before the coil swap it was numbers 1&3 now its numbers 3&4 one cylinder from each side of the 2 coils . Never had such a wierd problem before... How can i fix this..carbs are synced and apped to be working correctly, the cylinder just floods and wont ignite.... Also on the compression check all cylinders are 120lb... Thanks for any info on what to try yall

stretched, 16,50,

runs 5.80's 1/8th mile @117mph

Ignore this member   
sagot

Zone Head
posted January 30, 2015 07:23 AM        
Sounds like the leads from the coils... or the caps. I can't remember if they are fixed (glued in) but I have cut them out before and there is a sharp pin inside the coil that you can shove a generic HT wire into...?

Ignore this member   
sagot

Zone Head
posted January 30, 2015 07:26 AM        
Also. Sometimes spark is weaker under pressure, than as in a spark test outside the cylinder!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BIKE CHAT > Thread: 1982 suzuki gs850l please help yall NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28137898445129 seconds processing time