HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Gun pix? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted November 16, 2005 04:50 AM        
CR, whats your issue weapon?

From what I've read the states with "right to carry" laws have lower violent crime rates.
Most punks that you see on the news feal superior because they have the weapon and they dont expect thier victim to have a weapon because they arnt allowed to, as in alot of major US cities.
But, put them in an enviorment where they know everyone is or could be armed, and they loose thier fealing of advantage. Suddenly they dont feal so empowered.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted November 16, 2005 05:39 PM        
Glock19

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
trenace

Needs a job
posted November 19, 2005 07:58 AM        
Well, I clicked on "Buy it Now," so this one should be mine in a week or so, true, the USP would be carryable while this is not, it will either be for the house or car:

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted November 25, 2005 10:55 AM        
....I'm issued a Glock22...I also carry a Glock27 hideout...and sometimes a S&W AirLite PD w/.38+Ps...but most of the time I present my snarling, barking, drooling, spitting dog...and on rare occassions utilize my often painful yet humane G.I.Joe-Action-Kung-Fu-Grip along with my patented Samoan death-stare....(not quite as scary as JustJoy's death-stare, though )

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
VPN

Zone Head
posted November 25, 2005 11:03 AM        
I have a Glock 10mm for power and G-19 (a shorter version of the original G-17) for concealment.
Unfortunately here in Finland I can't carry them around with ammo in...

Ignore this member   
deathpulse

Pro
posted November 25, 2005 12:01 PM        
Hey - does anyone have a good pointer to a "how to post pix online like a pro"? I need to figure out the basics like "what resolution to use (how to set my cannon to it)" and "what pic sites to use for cheap or free" etc.
  Ignore this member   
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 25, 2005 12:06 PM        Edited By: Just Joy on 25 Nov 2005 12:08
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Just Joy an AIM message. 
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 25, 2005 12:07 PM        Edited By: Just Joy on 25 Nov 2005 12:08
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 25, 2005 12:07 PM        Edited By: Just Joy on 25 Nov 2005 12:09
quote:
.......but most of the time I present my snarling, barking, drooling, spitting dog...and on rare occassions utilize my often painful yet humane G.I.Joe-Action-Kung-Fu-Grip along with my patented Samoan death-stare....(not quite as scary as JustJoy's death-stare, though )

you think it's sexy don't you???? you and fishy now have something in common...

worm~hole

Needs a life
posted November 25, 2005 12:10 PM        
quote:
I have a Glock 10mm for power and G-19 (a shorter version of the original G-17) for concealment.
Unfortunately here in Finland I can't carry them around with ammo in...

...cops in good standing the good 'ol U.S.of A. can carry loaded and concealed almost anywhere...except Disneyland and Disney World (and some other 'family entertainment venues' where bad people also frequent) believe it or not!....

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted November 25, 2005 12:12 PM        
quote:

...and those pearly whites!!!....i often fantasize what those things can do!!!!

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 25, 2005 12:30 PM        
quote:
quote:

...and those pearly whites!!!....i often fantasize what those things can do!!!!

that's just wrong.......on sooooo many levels........

trenace

Needs a job
posted November 30, 2005 10:08 PM        
Well, finally getting my Colt 380 Government model back from Cylinder and Slide. They have a really long waiting list -- took at least six months before it was my turn in line. Fortunately you don't have to send the gun till it's your turn. They were pretty quick with it once having it, and just called today saying it was being returned.

This will be my first "big name gunsmith"-tuned gun.

It had terrible failures to feed or jamming (forget which, just remember it wasn't worth a damn) when I sent it to them as well as no accuracy (had bought it off the Internet, had already had Ashley Express sights on it.)

Will be interesting to see how nice the trigger pull is, etc.

Of course you probably have to empty the clip and have good placement with all shots to accomplish anything with the 380, but the Government 380 is a nice gun to shoot when it works properly.

Ignore this member   
osti33

Needs a job
posted November 30, 2005 10:13 PM        
quote:
Well, I clicked on "Buy it Now," so this one should be mine in a week or so, true, the USP would be carryable while this is not, it will either be for the house or car:

You won't be sorry. They are a very very nice gun. IMO.

Ignore this member   
osti33

Needs a job
posted November 30, 2005 10:24 PM        Edited By: osti33 on 30 Nov 2005 22:27
Tren you also might want to look into one of these for your H&K. It is a very nice Laser Aiming Module. You can pop it on and off in just a few seconds. Quality piece...

http://www.insightlights.com/products/showProduct.asp?id=10

Ignore this member   
trenace

Needs a job
posted November 30, 2005 10:31 PM        
Man, that does seem like a good item, that I hadn't known of. I may very well indeed order that. Thanks!
  Ignore this member   
osti33

Needs a job
posted November 30, 2005 10:33 PM        
quote:
Man, that does seem like a good item, that I hadn't known of. I may very well indeed order that. Thanks!

No problem. Glad I could help out.

Ignore this member   
Nox

Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
posted December 05, 2005 09:13 PM        
quote:
....I'm issued a Glock22...I also carry a Glock27 hideout...and sometimes a S&W AirLite PD w/.38+Ps...but most of the time I present my snarling, barking, drooling, spitting dog...and on rare occassions utilize my often painful yet humane G.I.Joe-Action-Kung-Fu-Grip along with my patented Samoan death-stare....(not quite as scary as JustJoy's death-stare, though )

That is what I carried for two years, before I quit, 22 issued, and a 27 on my ankle......, no dog, 8 round 12ga in the trunk.

Before that, HK USP 45, very nice gun, will spit sand and mud all day, and still group good. you just have to have big hands to shoot it.

2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted December 06, 2005 09:07 AM        
....I wish my department would issue us the 45, but there are alot of small cops with small hands on the force, so that'll never happen...we also carry an 870, an AR-15, an 870 set up as a less-lethal tool, and paint-ball guns that launch pepper-balls...individual issued tasers are on the way, I hear...soon we'll be almost like Batman

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

posted December 06, 2005 05:43 PM        Edited By: CrotchRocket on 6 Dec 2005 17:44
Hey Wormie, what a pain in the ass to load and unload the car everyday huh!!!

Hey guys whats your favorite ammo???...My favorite are the Remington Golden Sabre's

trenace

Needs a job
posted December 06, 2005 06:03 PM        
Ditto, though that's from no expertise on my part, just from trying to assimilate and understand as much of the info out there as possible... the Golden Sabre bullets seem to have the best reliability for good expansion and proper penetration whether through clothing or not and are good through barriers too. There are other good choices but nothing persuades me as being better and I have a little less confidence in them, just as a personal non-expert take.
  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

posted December 06, 2005 06:08 PM        
I like the Golden Sabres because they have the smoothest recoil, real low muzzle flash in the dark and the gun is not too dirty when done at the range!!!

trenace

Needs a job
posted December 06, 2005 06:30 PM        Edited By: trenace on 6 Dec 2005 18:51
Yes, they shoot fine too, but I haven't tried enough different of the premium (for actual use) ammo to know myself there isn't something better in those regards... actually for range shooting past proof-of-use and occasional refamiliarization I usually use Winclean because it's cheaper and to avoid breathing the lead, and it shoots fine as well, but I keep 'em loaded with the Golden Sabers.
  Ignore this member   
junior s

Pro
?
posted December 06, 2005 10:24 PM        
I find I have to try several brands and loads to figure out which works best in each gun , a pain in the ass to store ( if you buy in quantity and have several guns ) but worth the time once figured out ...just my .02

Ignore this member   
trenace

Needs a job
posted December 06, 2005 10:55 PM        Edited By: trenace on 6 Dec 2005 23:44
The sad thing is that one past break-in of a gun and assuming no mechanical problem which later is fixed but rather a failure with no known cause except apparent ammo incompatability or failure, ANY failure with a given type of ammo, even a single one, means it is unreliable except if it is only after an acceptably large number of uses.

Namely, if the only information one has is that after, for example, 100 rounds a single failure occurred, then at that point in time the best estimation is there is on any given shot a 1 in 100 chance of failure. Or if 500 rounds have been shot, then 1 in 500 of failure, etc.

So if it's after 2000 rounds or something then it is not that alarming, it could still be a reliable round in that gun... but if trying many brands of ammo not on the basis of wanting to switch because of failure but out of experimenting, quite possibly none will have that large a number.

There is a human tendency to tend to feel that the risk is less than this, but it's actually the most valid assessment.

Speaking of, I certainly hope my Colt Government 380 that I just got back from Cylinder and Slide will work OK. It's quite possible that its original problem rather than the gun itself could have been shitty magazines... actually when I sent the gun off I couldn't find the magazines and instead bought new OEM ones and had them shipped to Cylinder and Slide. Guess what, on getting everything back they are shitty magazines too, tending to bind up. I lubed them with Militec which made them work considerably less badly to the hand but still I am dubious. What's the point of a big-name gunsmith working on it when the magazine is crap? Anyone know of a good magazine for that gun? Would the ProMag be better than the OEM despite being cheaper? (If no one knows, I ought to order the ProMag just on the chance it might be obviously better, but ideally someone might know?)

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Gun pix? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25712704658508 seconds processing time