HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Phantom X alarm field evaluation... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted September 29, 2006 08:23 PM        
Anna could't stop giggling when I had to tell her my screen name. Then spell it. Faster than what? S-T-I-N-K.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted September 30, 2006 04:36 AM        
quote:
FBA... Thanks I received the shipping notice and tracking #. The alarms for my 14 and Girlees SV should be here Monday Oct.2. You have a great Promo. going here. I will give feedback though your net page. I am looking forward to it. TM

Actually TM...it's not a promo. Any manufacturer of product like this who doesn't do extensive field testing is shooting themselves in the foot. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide a defect / bug free and reliable product. Over the years in our experience in manufacturing, supporting and selling automotive electronics, we got bit more than once with product that made great claims and fell far below once installed.

Your feedback is important to us as it will help as gauge where we are with the product and how we'll proceed to market, as well as establishing a baseline for future builds. Features can be added or removed through software for the most part and if the product proves to be cumbersome to use, we have to go back to the drawing board to fine tune it.

A number of us here at Autoland are bikers and we designed the spec specifically for bikes, the way we thought it should work. Being an avid biker and electronics/software junkie myself, I had at least 70% input on writing the product spec and I built it to operate the way I believed it would be most practical for most bikers out there. Having a remote with no buttons present a number of challenges, but the benefit should be huge to the end user...I mean...ride your bike without thinking about arming and disarming it...just go about your business as if you had no alarm to deal with and let it do the work for you...that was the concept, otherwise, we're just like everyone else building security products.

We believe the product will be a winner, but we need your feedback to help us ensure that it is. The cost to produce the 1st 500 units ends up at about $600.00 each after R&D, mold costs etc....but without the field testing, it's money down the drain for us. We all win in this situation...so feed me back dude, feed me back!! All of your opinions, suggestions and criticisms will be taken seriously...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
Mattz14

Expert Class
posted September 30, 2006 01:33 PM        
Mine was waiting for me when I got home last night. Nice set up, logo is really cool. Can't wait to install. Need to remember how to log-in.

07 BLACK ZX14 Getting customized waiting for the white stuff to go away
06 BLACK ZX14 GONE Recall was a little late.

Ignore this member   
gs1327

Novice Class
posted September 30, 2006 02:14 PM        
Does anyone have a scan of the wiring diagram for the 14? I'm about to install mine and it might save some time trying to trace wires.

Also FBA-
Since I'm not sure how its supposed to function I've got to ask, Do the 'lights left' and 'lights right' wires go to the turn signals or ?
Does the 'accessory' lead go to a wire that is +12vdc when the key is on?
Do you wire the 'ignition cut-off switch' wire and the 'ignition cut-off' wire so that it interrupts the starter solenoid signal?

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted September 30, 2006 02:34 PM        Edited By: fastestbusaaround on 30 Sep 2006 15:46
Wiring and placement for ZX14 only

alarm placement -- left GF grill above rad overflow bottle (use 2 large tie wraps to the sub frame under the tank to hold it in place)

Starter -- I had the color, but lost it...it goes hot during crank only and is located at the key barrel, it's the only one like it there

Left flasher -- green with silver dots (on or near flasher)

Right flasher -- grey with green dots. (on or near flasher)

Ignition -- Brown off key barrel

12 Volt constant -- white off key barrel

Ground -- to chasis off existing bolt near rad overflow bottle

fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted September 30, 2006 02:48 PM        Edited By: fastestbusaaround on 30 Sep 2006 15:49
quote:
Mine was waiting for me when I got home last night. Nice set up, logo is really cool. Can't wait to install. Need to remember how to log-in.

http://www.autoland.ca/Vistatech

Username:

Password:

zx14_1965

Zone Head
posted September 30, 2006 05:34 PM        
I want a free alarm system
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted September 30, 2006 05:54 PM        
Too bad you missed it...program's closed now.

Vegasdude

Zone Head
posted September 30, 2006 06:13 PM        

Ignore this member   
mugsymd

Expert Class
posted October 01, 2006 04:24 PM        
Got mine friday - now I have to install:

Hey -- Any pictures out there of the install - Pictures: Hey I'm just a pilot/doc - and believe in the KISS principle - Keep It Simple Stupid. I like pictures! Thanks for the wiring infor above - do you remember for the color of the starter yet?
Can't wait to install. Plan on riding my bike until it's too cold out - so I'll probably be riding until at least Thanksgiving here (I'm in the Virginia Beach area).
2004 VROD
2005 K1200S
2006 ZX-14 - Red

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 01, 2006 04:35 PM        
No I don't. but I'll get it in the next 24-48 hours!

dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 01, 2006 07:23 PM        Edited By: dubious on 1 Oct 2006 21:09
OK just got off the phone with Steve.
Looked it up in the manual
The other wire will be the black / red from your starter switch on the throttle side starter switch housing.
It completes the starter relay cct, when your start button is depressed.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 01, 2006 08:10 PM        
bump ..... read my last post for the info you require
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 01, 2006 08:13 PM        
Thanks Dub...I'll also post all of this at our site!

SoCal ZX-14 Rider

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2006 07:15 AM        
quote:
quote:
I still havent gotten a call. I was emailed. I emailed back and was told the calls are going out now, that was last 2 mondays ago and still nothing.

You should hear from us tomorrow!

Still no call or message. I must be the forgotten one.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 02, 2006 07:34 AM        
I'll check now...

swiftkart

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2006 08:21 AM        
Got mine today, will install it sometime this week.

Thanks! fba

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 02, 2006 11:20 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
I still havent gotten a call. I was emailed. I emailed back and was told the calls are going out now, that was last 2 mondays ago and still nothing.

You should hear from us tomorrow!

Still no call or message. I must be the forgotten one.

We've left ya a few message in the past few weeks now...including today I believe...let's go man!!!

fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 02, 2006 11:20 AM        
quote:
Got mine today, will install it sometime this week.

Thanks! fba

OK!!!

stevewfl

posted October 02, 2006 02:51 PM        
Got it...thanks FBA tell the gal with the cute northern accent thanks too

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
heav79

Parking Attendant
posted October 02, 2006 03:30 PM        
Hello FBA I got a call about a week ago for my screen name. heav79. Is their anything else I need to do? Either way thanks for this offer. Should get some really good feedback.
  Ignore this member   
TeamSpeed

Expert Class
posted October 03, 2006 08:35 AM        
FBA, the directions state to cut the existing wires where needed, and solder into those wires. Is there a problem if we solder all the wires (both from the alarm and any we snip from the bike) to wire plugs/connectors so that we could reverse it out if ever needed? I know the directions say not to use the wire crimps, but if I solder all wires to crimped connectors so I can really just plug the system in when I am done, it would be a cleaner install.

Please let me know what you and your techs think!

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 03, 2006 09:20 AM        
If you want to use plugs, you can...but bear in mind that the unit comes with a waterproof plug to eliminate that issue. If you ever have to remove the unit and reconnect the original wires, you only have to rejoin/resolder the starter wires, as all the rest are only tapped on in parallel (soldered too). You'd only have the clean them up and retape.

BTW, I use friction tape for these things. Makes for a longer and better connection as well as less tape goop in the long run, but you can use that or electrical, as you wish.

I posted a document on the install and placement for the unit on the ZX14 on our site. You just need to login to the site to download it.

http://www.autoland.ca/Vistatech

Use the username and password that you assigned yourself when you created your profile.

TeamSpeed

Expert Class
posted October 03, 2006 10:06 AM        
Gotcha, sounds good, so I might just want to do this with the starter wires then. I saw the new ZX 14 specific directions, that will help immensely. I just put the bike together after the pipe/PC installation, not sure when I will pull off parts of the panels again as we are only about a month from putting up the bike.
  Ignore this member   
zerMATT

Pro
posted October 03, 2006 11:27 AM        
Mine arrived today... woohoo!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 9 pages long: 1  -  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Phantom X alarm field evaluation... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21564292907715 seconds processing time