HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dyno Charts on a Spanish Mag NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
blackmore

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2006 12:17 AM        
Dyno Charts on a Spanish Mag

Here is a complete Dyno in all gears made by a Spanish Mag, called Motociclismo.

I guess all of you need no translation.

Ignore this member   
sphynx

Novice Class
posted October 03, 2006 01:50 AM        
Very interesting, thanks for the info. I assume CV means hp? Interesting how far 1st is in terms of torque, looks like those secondaries don't open fully in 1st at all?

Ignore this member   
blackmore

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2006 02:19 AM        
Yes, CV is hp, relacion is gear, par is torque and... I guess that's all :-)

Are the american ZX 14 limited in 6th gear too uo to 10.000 RPM?

Ignore this member   
ZX11D

Zone Head
Internet Police
posted October 03, 2006 04:12 AM        
quote:
Yes, CV is hp, relacion is gear, par is torque and... I guess that's all :-)

Are the american ZX 14 limited in 6th gear too uo to 10.000 RPM?

At 10,000 RPM in 6-th gear it reaches corresponding speed 297-300 kph or 186 mph, which is the voluntary limit set on all ZX14 / ZZR1400 rolling out of the factory.

BTW, good info blackmore

Ignore this member   
sphynx

Novice Class
posted October 03, 2006 05:10 AM        
In english "relacion" is also one way to describe the zx14, it's on "par" with the best methods out there for soul food!!

Couldn't resist that one...

Ignore this member   
blackmore

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2006 06:12 AM        
Then there's a question I asked in some other post. IF I get the T.R.E thing, and the bike things it's always 6th gear, will the RPM cut in 10.000 in all gears??
  Ignore this member   
kspz3

Expert Class
posted October 03, 2006 07:29 AM        
Nope - The Speed limiting is speed sensitive - not a fixed RPM cut off - therefore folks have been getting around the speed limiter with a speedo healer...... I am only 98% certain on this as my TRE is on order......... for install on Fri.
  Ignore this member   
kspz3

Expert Class
posted October 03, 2006 07:32 AM        
It would be interesting to see this same series of dyno run without fly and with a TRE.... run in each gear.
  Ignore this member   
sphynx

Novice Class
posted October 03, 2006 09:32 AM        
If the flies are our or the TRE is in then the curves will all be the same since the torqie will be the same and power = torque x angular velocity.
  Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted October 03, 2006 09:50 AM        
quote:
It would be interesting to see this same series of dyno run without fly and with a TRE.... run in each gear.

There is absolutly no reason to run a TRE with the flies removed.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
jjkillian

Novice Class
posted October 03, 2006 10:11 AM        Edited By: jjkillian on 3 Oct 2006 11:15
Used one of our spanish speaking account reps to translate it.

He said the text on the left of the chart basically says each gear gets more and more power as you go through the gears, with 5th/6th getting the most at 9900 rpm 175hp. By comparison 1st is only 149hp.

Obviously the flies are opening up more and more as you go through the gears. I saw a post some where on here where they flies opened at a certain rpm, don't know what gear, but even then they were not 100% open. So this corresponds with that.

It also says that they think Kaw. did this to keep the bike more user friendly in the lower gears.

From what I have seen, this information is really nothing that this forum doesn't already know about, except maybe the fact that the flies open a different percentage in each gear with 5th/6th being open all the way.

One thing I notice with this one is that max power is at 9900rpm where most of the other dynos they all drop off at the rev limiter. Guess will have to look at them again, maybe they were dropping down before dropping completly off at the rev limiter.

Also another thing that slightly confuses me is that the TRE makes it think it is in 6th all the time. I wonder if 5th would do the same (per the chart) or if the flies open all the way in both 5th and 6th but at a lower rpm in 6th. Not that this matters much, think most of the people on here pull them instead of using the TRE, anyway.

JJ

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 03, 2006 10:19 AM        
wel stock bikes the power drops off around 9900, but he aftermarket exhausts....
er Brocks for sure.... pulls hard right into the limiter

at 10, 000 rpm brocks pipes are making around 13 RWHP more, and at 11,000 rpm brocks is puttin like 25 RWHP more than stock bike, the curve peak stays flat on top, instead of fallin off the pipe.

Ignore this member   
jjkillian

Novice Class
posted October 03, 2006 10:22 AM        
quote:
wel stock bikes the power drops off around 9900, but he aftermarket exhausts....
er Brocks for sure.... pulls hard right into the limiter

at 10, 000 rpm brocks pipes are making around 13 RWHP more, and at 11,000 rpm brocks is puttin like 25 RWHP more than stock bike, the curve peak stays flat on top, instead of fallin off the pipe.

ah okay that makes sence then. The one I was talking about was a brocks smeg. I ordered it yesterday, with commander and flies out map installed.

So now my next question is if it is still making more hp as the rpms go up to the limiter is there anything out to go beyond 11k? And if so (or when one does), how high up in rpms is still safe for the motor?

JJ

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 03, 2006 10:45 AM        Edited By: dubious on 3 Oct 2006 11:46
No rev unlimiters out ... yet
My rev limiter cuts in around 11,200
Eventually the curve would drop anyway due to cam duration and ign timing,
I think some of the aftermarket cams will allow more over rev once the limiter is re/ moved.

at 11000 rpm it works out to 4402 fps piston speed...
I would not ask much more of it!

Ignore this member   
Alvaro

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2006 01:33 PM        
Tomorrow I will explain what the mag means and will show you the dyno comparison with my bike after fitting a G-Pack which removes all the restrictions:
http://direct.nikkoracing.com/boutique_us/page_libre.cfm?code_lg=lg_us
http://direct.nikkoracing.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=2&ref=GP-K156-OV&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=1&tri=0&marq=0

I have an appointment with the boss of that mag. ;-)

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 03, 2006 03:13 PM        
http://direct.nikkoracing.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=2&ref=GP-K156-OV&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=1&tri=0&marq=0

yeah tell us, does it change ignition timing, and rpm limit in all gears, the ad is not very concise.

Ignore this member   
Alvaro

Parking Attendant
posted October 04, 2006 02:15 PM        Edited By: Alvaro on 4 Oct 2006 15:18
Today I had a meeting with the technical boss of 'La Moto' magazine, the top ranked in Spain.
Our target: make a dyno comparison between a stock bike and my bike after fitting a G-Pack.

The result is clear, the G-Pack hits the bull's eye twice:
1- It restores the low end power which Kawasaki engineers have hidden.
2- It overcomes the 299 km/h top speed restriction.

We made three runs, in 2nd gear, 5th and 6th:

In 5th the charts are the same because it's the only gear the stock bike is unrestricted.

In 6th the charts are the same until 10000 rpm, then the stock bike cuts at 299 km/h and my bike goes up to 11000 rpm at 323 km/h (201 mph).
At that speed the dyno stopped for safety reasons...

Finally in 2nd gear the charts show that both bikes have the same power above 6000 rpm but mine is much stronger below 6000 rpm.
The low end power is recovered.

According to this guy, Kawasaki engineers had to reduce the power below 6000 rpm in order to meet the noise and emissions regulations.
But the power is there, go for it.

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 04, 2006 03:20 PM        
Nice.
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 04, 2006 03:31 PM        
Still has a huge dip at 2800...what that all about?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
jjkillian

Novice Class
posted October 04, 2006 03:46 PM        
would imagine this thing does the same as the TRE, which now a days think most people are just taking the flies out. But if it increases the rpm by x amt and gets rid of the speed limiter, it might be worth owning.

JJ

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 04, 2006 04:05 PM        
quote:

2800 better than 4000.
mine never see's less than 3 unless its idling :P

Ignore this member   
blackmore

Parking Attendant
posted October 04, 2006 10:22 PM        
Sounds good Alvaro, any charts of air/fuel ratio? As we saw with the TRE, there's a big mess in the low revs.
Te he mandado un mail, a ver si te llega :-)

Ignore this member   
Alvaro

Parking Attendant
posted October 05, 2006 02:49 PM        Edited By: Alvaro on 5 Oct 2006 15:54
quote:

Not at all, if you see the blue line (my bike with G-Pack) between 2500 and 3000 the torque remains constant.
The huge dip at 2800 is the stock bike (red line).

Blackmore, in my bike there's no mess in the low revs.
Y no he recibido tu mail.

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted October 05, 2006 02:55 PM        
Who cares about the power at 2800?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
blackmore

Parking Attendant
posted October 06, 2006 09:24 PM        
Alvaro I sent you a pm. Te mando otro
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Dyno Charts on a Spanish Mag NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.26903104782104 seconds processing time