HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Christmas early NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted October 18, 2006 07:24 AM        
Brocks maps are a alot different then just some pre loaded map. lot of time and research goes into Brock's maps, and to most of us running his pipe and maps use his track maps that are made on the track. which to me is more important then dyno numbers. Brocks track maps won't make the most hp on the dyno. If you want to impress people on the dyno he sends you a map for that as well. And I have to be honest with ya you will see Muzzy's ,Brocks, tiforce, orient express pipes, mps side winders on some fast bikes at the track, but hardly no one runs a yosh if there after 1/4 mile numbers.
  Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted October 18, 2006 02:16 PM        
quote:
quote:

Custom maps are ok but dyno pulls don't factor in the added ram air effect you get going down the road or the track. Brock maps his on the track. My butt dyno and the bikes that fall behind me say Brocks maps are just fine. I also save a few bucks to spend on other things that are more meaningful to me than a piece of paper that confirms what I already know.

Won't argue there, datalogger tuning is by far the best. However, keep in mind, his maps are specific to that bike under that specific environmental condition ie; ambient air temperature, barometric pressure and also the bike's uniqueness factor. No 14s will ever be a mirror image of another. It'll be close, close enough or neither. But if you're happy with it then that's all that matters. The end result of a custom map is not just the piece of paper, but the fact that your bike is tuned specifically to it's own unique parameters.
Matter of fact, the preloaded map I used had the ram air effect factored in and it was rich everywhere. By custom mapping, I picked up 6 more ponies and it runs like a real champ now. I know I'm happy....wouldn't with 6hp more.

As your quote says.... (ZX14 1965)... "ie; ambient air temperature, barometric pressure and also the bike's uniqueness factor..." You just made a very important point that Stal was making... although you failed to read in between the lines... If you get it dynoed... it will be 'perfect' for that day on that machine with that temp and fuel etc... but when the wind, temp etc change, then the map will be a 'little bit off'. Stal is telling you that the maps that Brock puts out are set in the real world environment... by a real world rider/racer and they will be close enough for him and his riding style. We all know that all bikes aren't the same, and a specific dyno is healthy... but if you take your bike back to the same dyno next week.. (and pay another $200.00 I bet you gain or lose Horse Power... (and your map will change) and it will be because of the reasons that you give. So hold your input for someone who is asking for it. I am quite sure that he has dealt with enough bikes and dynos that he is able to make an informed decision. Just my .02 cents... but what do I know??!!

Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted October 18, 2006 02:25 PM        
Be NICE warning #1 goes here.......

Hey Stal... did you go on a field trip to get pumpkins??? I have that next week, with about 35 screaming little scavengers that all have colds and are wiping their noses on their sleeves... (and yes... that includes some of the parents) Needless to say... boy, am I looking forward to that.. Not to mention... it has been raining and cold here in Wisconsin.. and I fear that the days of riding may be done for the year here!

Ignore this member   
zx14_1965

Zone Head
posted October 18, 2006 02:43 PM        
quote:

but if you take your bike back to the same dyno next week.. (and pay another $200.00 I bet you gain or lose Horse Power... (and your map will change) and it will be because of the reasons that you give. So hold your input for someone who is asking for it. I am quite sure that he has dealt with enough bikes and dynos that he is able to make an informed decision. Just my .02 cents... but what do I know??!!

Based on your response, isn't the forum a place to address your opinions? So why dog me about my 2 cents as you have? You obviously posted yours...I simply stated my dyno results and the difference between the pre loaded map and custom. What's there to argue here?
Your retort about my statement doesn't make sense either as any preloaded/custom map will differ everyday based on mentioned conditions, but the differences are minimal unless ambient air temp changes 10+/- degrees.
I do plan on doing another dyno run on a different dyno in coming days. And it won't cost me no $200. Dyno runs only cost me $25. HP may differ slightly, but map will stay the same...ain't changng it until the summer when it warms up in the high 70's low 80's.
chill out with the attitude.....

Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted October 18, 2006 03:16 PM        
I am sorry zx14 1965... you are right... your opinions are right on.. and well respected in here... I can tell by reading from all of your fans... but to be honest... I am not the type to banter and squibble... and I will stop. I will leave you the last word as I dislike disagreeing, and since you did not understand my point. I will not bother you again... I just wanted to get that off my chest ever since I read some of your posts. I am done and it is done. Have a great day and enjoy your bike!! And yes I will chill out with the attitude! It is so much not me. I am sorry.
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 18, 2006 06:39 PM        

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
zx14_1965

Zone Head
posted October 19, 2006 06:09 AM        Edited By: zx14_1965 on 19 Oct 2006 14:10
quote:
I am sorry zx14 1965... you are right... your opinions are right on.. and well respected in here... I can tell by reading from all of your fans... but to be honest... I am not the type to banter and squibble... and I will stop. I will leave you the last word as I dislike disagreeing, and since you did not understand my point. I will not bother you again... I just wanted to get that off my chest ever since I read some of your posts. I am done and it is done. Have a great day and enjoy your bike!! And yes I will chill out with the attitude! It is so much not me. I am sorry.

Wow...you read all 405 posts? ....uh ..ok.
Now for you to say my opinions are right on doesn't say much about your mentality. Opinions are never right on...they are merely opinions... Facts are right on. Just had to clear that up. Bike being enjoyed....

I have a feeling you live near the great white north..FBAs sloshing grounds.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 19, 2006 07:02 AM        
Yet another member you managed to piss off...405 posts...yup, all full of spew and hate. Why am I so shocked...

scificanada

Expert Class
posted October 19, 2006 10:36 AM        Edited By: scificanada on 19 Oct 2006 18:37
quote:
quote:

Wow...you read all 405 posts? ....uh ..ok.
Now for you to say my opinions are right on doesn't say much about your mentality. Opinions are never right on...they are merely opinions... Facts are right on. Just had to clear that up. Bike being enjoyed....

I have a feeling you live near the great white north..FBAs sloshing grounds.

Sloshing grounds??????????
No slosh up here, well not till late December and by then the Sleds come out
And Wisconson is NO where near Quebec....

2006 Blue(the fastest colour) ZX14, Brock Ti Gen 3, Secondary Butterflies out, PCIII with Brock Map, Muzzy Frame Sliders.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 19, 2006 10:42 AM        
His brain is sloshed -- maybe sniffin' too much glue or gas....or maybe from staring into his HID's for too long

scificanada

Expert Class
posted October 19, 2006 10:45 AM        
Nah, staring into the HIDs in a ZX14 is quite safe due to the BLANK SPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 Blue(the fastest colour) ZX14, Brock Ti Gen 3, Secondary Butterflies out, PCIII with Brock Map, Muzzy Frame Sliders.

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 19, 2006 10:51 AM        
Oh...ya mean that dark hole in the middle eh?

scificanada

Expert Class
posted October 19, 2006 10:56 AM        
Um yea, long HID bulbs have a different focal length than what projector lens is designed for..... learned the hard way

Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 19, 2006 11:02 AM        
Yup....I did...but it ain't over till the fat lady sings and I don't hear her yet...

blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted October 19, 2006 01:17 PM        
I haven't edited, deleted or moderated one post on this site to date.

Please help me keep that record going for another day.

Ignore this member   
navigator

Expert Class
posted October 19, 2006 03:01 PM        
quote:
I haven't edited, deleted or moderated one post on this site to date.

Please help me keep that record going for another day.

Too late. I think that this can be construed as a very mild attempt to keep things in line and therefore you have moderated this thread.

Stalwart.........Have you got that system installed yet? Maybe you are having so much fun riding it that you can't stop to tell us about it.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Christmas early NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.49859285354614 seconds processing time