HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: UNBIASED FACTUAL EXHAUST DATA Muzzy vs Brock NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted October 20, 2006 02:53 PM        
UNBIASED FACTUAL EXHAUST DATA Muzzy vs Brock

OK here is the bottom line in my opinion... Same day same Dyno same operator all settings set the same with a switchout time of 1 hour between pipes my zx14 no Secondaries 93 octane fuel Brocks Map with a smeg vs Muzzys map on his pipe... 182 RWHP Brock 108 ft/lb TQ Muzzy 173 RWHP 105 Ft/lbs not to mention the brock had more area under curve period... Now the real question is 9 Hp and 3 ft/lb worth 400 bucks there you go discussion over.... Go ahead and flame me fish LOL!!!

Ignore this member   
BlackMagic14

Needs a job
posted October 20, 2006 02:55 PM        
Also neither map was tweaked at all both were exactly as sent by Brock and Rob
  Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted October 20, 2006 02:57 PM        
would be interesting to see the pipes custom mapped and tested at the same time period. wee
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 03:04 PM        
I said 7 to 9 hp with the Brocks pipe over the Muzzy pipe...... Well i was close... Can you post up the dyno charts for all to see ??? Thanks Smokin...

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted October 20, 2006 03:21 PM        
Damn smokin......that IS what you predicted when you were waiting for your pipe............. Crystal ball?????

Ignore this member   
flyboy

Pro
posted October 20, 2006 03:26 PM        Edited By: flyboy on 20 Oct 2006 16:31
The question is-- Did you use the same rider?

Reaction time is very important in these types of comparisons.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 03:30 PM        
quote:
Damn smokin......that IS what you predicted when you were waiting for your pipe............. Crystal ball?????
Well Brocks dyno charts told me 183 hp with his map and Smeg ...... After i installed the Smeg and his street map I went from 147 mph to 150.60 in the 1/4 mile .. I felt it would take 7 to 9 hp to pick up 3.6 MPH... My Butt dyno told me it made more hp than the Muzzy pipe and the track proved my butt dyno...Now we have someone that has put it on the dyno and proved it again....Crystal balls ?? No just a small set of hairy balls ...lol.... Smokin ...

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 03:32 PM        
quote:
The question is-- Did you use the same rider?

Reaction time is very important in these types of comparisons.
It was on a Dyno ..One would think it would be the same Guy setting on the bike on the dyno...

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted October 20, 2006 03:36 PM        
reaction time is important on dyno's ???
LOL

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted October 20, 2006 03:39 PM        
You guys really didn't see that he was joking?
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted October 20, 2006 03:41 PM        
About the difference I thought there would be to the people like myself drag racing the extra 400 is worth it. on the street maybe not..
  Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted October 20, 2006 03:57 PM        
quote:
quote:
Well Brocks dyno charts told me 183 hp with his map and Smeg ...... After i installed the Smeg and his street map I went from 147 mph to 150.60 in the 1/4 mile .. I felt it would take 7 to 9 hp to pick up 3.6 MPH... My Butt dyno told me it made more hp than the Muzzy pipe and the track proved my butt dyno...Now we have someone that has put it on the dyno and proved it again....Crystal balls ?? No just a small set of hairy balls ...lol.... Smokin ...

Heh heh heh..............

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 03:57 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 20 Oct 2006 17:22
quote:
About the difference I thought there would be to the people like myself drag racing the extra 400 is worth it. on the street maybe not..
+1 and Bently your parts are on there way UPS ..Thanks .....Smokin...

Ignore this member   
ZXLNT

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted October 20, 2006 04:13 PM        
I would like to see an optimal custom map made for each pipe and then re-run them again. That would tell even more. Hard to say how close each pipes mapping was..

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 04:21 PM        
quote:
I would like to see an optimal custom map made for each pipe and then re-run them again. That would tell even more. Hard to say how close each pipes mapping was..

Do you really think that would prove anything? Just asking ..... Muzzy made his best map for his pipe and brock made his best map for his pipe....At least i would think both would make the best map possible wouldn't you ?........ Smokin..

Ignore this member   
mrsantafe

Zone Head
posted October 20, 2006 04:58 PM        
Hmmm, very interesting! I think in all fairness the muzzy map is marginal(or very safe af ratios) I had a muzzy full exhaust and down loaded the map i got from schnitz racing. At least in my case it was very rich (12.0-12.3) range. After i got a custom tune my bike picked up an additional 5 hp.
  Ignore this member   
zx14_1965

Zone Head
posted October 20, 2006 05:03 PM        Edited By: zx14_1965 on 20 Oct 2006 18:04
quote:
After i got a custom tune my bike picked up an additional 5 hp.

Custom map is the only way to go...IMO

Ignore this member   
The Blue Mule

Expert Class
posted October 20, 2006 05:52 PM        
Here in KC, my bike with the muzzy pipe did 180hp and 106tq and that was tuned with the butterflies out. I dunno if there is that much difference that it is really worht the stir, Air quality, smoothing on the dyno itself ?, many factors can mean plus or minus 1-4 hp or more.

Ignore this member   
scificanada

Expert Class
posted October 20, 2006 05:56 PM        Edited By: scificanada on 20 Oct 2006 18:59
Is the Muzzy map a Flies out map? I ask this because when I went through all the BS way back in June over Muzzy supplying me a map for a pipe I had ordered from them (no let's not go there again), the guy from Muzzy told me thet would NOT release a flies out map, where as, Brock produces many custom maps for his customers. And for the record, my Brock pipe with Flies out map runs rich as well. Hope to get a custom map in the spring... Going down to freezing here tonight....

2006 Blue(the fastest colour) ZX14, Brock Ti Gen 3, Secondary Butterflies out, PCIII with Brock Map, Muzzy Frame Sliders.

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 06:03 PM        
The only way this will end is for brock and muzzy to get together and have a pipe off. Same 14 same dyno. Brock puts his pipe on and map of his choice, then Muzzy's puts his pipe on and map of his choice. This is as bad as a which oil is best thread.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 06:04 PM        
Oh and thanks smokin, will be a long winter now with parts sitting her and snow on the track LOL. My wife and i may have to come see you.
  Ignore this member   
The Blue Mule

Expert Class
posted October 20, 2006 06:08 PM        
Mine on a hot day, with the flies in did 178whp, the flies in or out does not make much of a difference on the top end. it gains everything down low. smitherscustoms.com had to add 30%more fuel down low. That's where the beauty of having the flies out shines

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 06:10 PM        
You are right flies out don't change top end hp.
  Ignore this member   
fastestbusaaround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 20, 2006 06:15 PM        
quote:
Is the Muzzy map a Flies out map? I ask this because when I went through all the BS way back in June over Muzzy supplying me a map for a pipe I had ordered from them (no let's not go there again), the guy from Muzzy told me thet would NOT release a flies out map, where as, Brock produces many custom maps for his customers. And for the record, my Brock pipe with Flies out map runs rich as well. Hope to get a custom map in the spring... Going down to freezing here tonight....

I have a good lean map for ya! I loaded Brock's map and then this one back and forth a few times...they seem to run about the same in terms of feel, but the leaner one spews less soot and doesn't burn my lings as bad...you're welcome to try it. It does however run hotter than Brock's map...like the factory map with stock pipes...'bout the same temps.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted October 20, 2006 06:28 PM        
There is a reason Brocks maps are rich, It's called RAM AIR......Brock or any other tuner can make more hp on a dyno by leaning out a map....But it will not make more HP on the track that way ... You guys gettin a custom may and i say MAY BE down on hp on the track .. A dyno is a tool not a race track or the street for that matter ......Most of the good tuners will tell you they can get more hp out of the bike, but will settle for a smaller number by being a little rich on top because a good tuner knows that ram changes things....Do you want a Dyno queen or a fast bike?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: UNBIASED FACTUAL EXHAUST DATA Muzzy vs Brock NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23403406143188 seconds processing time