HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: learning how to ride... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted July 23, 2008 08:00 PM        
learning how to ride...

Well, Friday is the day lol. In order to get my bike on base i'm having to take the MSF basic riders course lol. I'm going to learn all of the good stuff... starting, stopping, using the clutch, riding in a circle, etc. I wonder if they'll teach me how to get my 60 ft time down from a 1.6 to a 1.4... that would be awesome. I guess that i'll just do what they say and 3 long boring days later i'll just have to take the "sport riders course" and then i can finally ride to work without having to park my bike outside the front gate.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
Zedexdragon

Novice Class
posted July 24, 2008 05:57 AM        
LOL on August first I am taking the MSF course to get my motorcycle endorsement so the insurance company doesnt cancel my policy. I wonder if I should show up on my Zx???

Kinley

Ignore this member   
hillcw

Parking Attendant
posted July 24, 2008 09:53 AM        
Bawls, you should be able to ride on base in a "temp" status until your course date comes around? At least that's the way it is here. Where you at? Made me look at my card- Advanced riders course in Okinawa in `98. phew, I'm gettin old- but its still good!
  Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted July 24, 2008 10:17 AM        
That sucks...Whats with all the rules???...Is it just for bikers???

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
hillcw

Parking Attendant
posted July 24, 2008 10:56 AM        
Yes, and no. Any individual that registers a vehicle on base (DOD) requires some type of driver training (depending on age). But all motorcycles riders require additional Motorcycle training. New policies (at least in the USMC) reqire even more training if you ride a "sport bike". This is due mostly to the number of deaths, especially on crotch rockets. Sad more, or just as many Marines die in or on vehicles, than in Combat.
  Ignore this member   
smokehouse4444

Zone Head
XX to ZX
posted July 24, 2008 01:34 PM        
Oh man, that sucks. The line has been so long to take my written test that I've blown it off twice. Are you still selling those slip-ons that Quick sold you? I had decided on two brothers, but those quicks are kind of tough looking. I'd have to think about that. I heard a full Muzzy system the other day, and while it was loud, it didn't strike me as being as loud as all the Harleys I hear lugging around every day. Do they not let Harleys on your base? Or am I wrong and the Brocks/Muzzy's etc... louder?

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted July 24, 2008 04:07 PM        
I'll send you a PM in a little bit. gotta spend some time witht he family for now.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: learning how to ride... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20471596717834 seconds processing time