HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: A little dyno testing ....... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted April 09, 2010 04:34 AM        
That's why I have not ordered a can and I also have a hard time thinking some other cleaners out there if used that strongly would not do the same thing. lets face it must of us never would have poured a whole can of cleaner in 2 gallons of fuel.
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted April 09, 2010 04:46 AM        
$40.00 experiment................. so far Smokin has not B.S. us. :-) saw a video last year with a

injector that was dirty in a clear box and you can see spray pattern. Cleaner was used

and spray pattern like a new injector. I for get what cleaner it was but I thought I would try it.

Most here think highly of Brock so what the heck.

Ignore this member   
kawasakijockey

Pro
posted April 09, 2010 04:49 AM        Edited By: kawasakijockey on 9 Apr 2010 12:50
I wasnt even gonna mention this but I guess I better. We have a racing buddy who has a GSXR 1000 that just wouldnt mph what I knew it should. He tried everything thinking it was a mapping or electrical issue. So last week I tell him I think it is fuel delivery and recommended he use a can of Seafoam in it before racing it again. He put 1 small $7 can in a gallon of fuel and ran it through the rpms until almost empty. Next day at the track he picked up 8mph and 2tenths!! Dirty injectors held the bike back all this time.
I dont know if I would race a bike with the cleaners in the tank though. I would empty it and refill with fresh fuel.
9.03 @ 149mph
8.95 @153 small shot n2o
8.68 @160mph 5lbs boost

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted April 09, 2010 04:53 AM        
That's what i was trying to say, I think smoking is right with what it did, but most cleaners would do the same thing for less if used that strongly. but how often have we thought about that much cleaner in 1 or 2 gallons of fuel. for 6 bucks for the seafoam or 3 bucks for Berrymans at walmart that is strong enough to damage your paint or 40.00 for wynns.
  Ignore this member   
68gts2

Zone Head
hobbies ( Beating you !!! )
posted April 09, 2010 05:23 AM        
I have heard good things about the Seafoam as well.think the 14 will get a can before this weekends ride. If Louis chimes in the his head is on fire and his ass is catching after the wynn's I will be very tempted to fork out the big bucks and try it. Again thanks to Brick and Smokin for the good info.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit 68gts2's homepage. 
RACNRAY

Expert Class
FAST OLD GUY
posted April 09, 2010 06:12 AM        
I have been a believer in F.I. cleaners since i started using them in my 1995 Dodge Ram. The first time i used f i cleaner in that Ram, by 50 miles into that tank it had woken up noticebly and was runnin much smoother. I now try to use it every 3000 miles, and use Amsoil's PI formula. I have always used more than recommended, seems to work much quicker than the normal ratio. I have 38,000 miles on my Busa since the last time i had the top end open, and it's coming down for a upgrade/rebuild. I will be interested to see how clean the back sides of the intake valves are, as that is another aspect of what f i cleaners may be able to help stay clean.

RACNRAY

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted July 24, 2010 11:58 PM        
Louis.... report!?!?!?!
  Ignore this member   
rocket2117

Expert Class
rocket2117
posted July 25, 2010 03:55 AM        
ever try amsoil cleaner ? i can tell big time when i run it in my cars
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted July 25, 2010 04:37 AM        
quote:
Louis.... report!?!?!?!

No difference when I roll on with my friends 14's. But my 2007 has only 9,000 miles.

I use Shell 93 here in Texas 90% of the time. Several years ago I used Redline's F.I.
cleaner in my 96 Corvette that had 80,000 miles and I used the whole bottle with 5 gallons of gas. Not a full tank as bottle instructed. It "Helped" the vette. My gas milage went up and the LT4 350 had a liitle more "GO" to it and it idled smoother. So there is a reason why
Brock does the mixture the way he told smokin to do a high milage fuel injectors this way.
And I have "Never" used any Race Fuel in my 14...yet :-) I do add several ounces of
Berriman Chem 12 cleaner in my 14 about every 3rd tank of gas when I can as it is great
for moisture. I do the same on all my cars now too. But when I do, I dive the tank of gas out in a few days as I was told some F.I. cleaners left in the system for weeks is not so good on "O" rings etc. maybe, or maybe NOT B.S. but I am "Old School" it's how I Roll.... lol

Louis

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted July 25, 2010 05:58 PM        
Seafoam is great stuff, I use it every 500 miles or so as FI cleaner and I use it to stabilize my fuel in the winter. Great stuff IMO, and the bike always seems to run a little better after I run it through with a tank.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted July 29, 2010 06:03 PM        
i have been using sentry fuel cleaner periodically being overly generous with it (4 oz to a tankfull) and the 06 runs like a top!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: A little dyno testing ....... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21239900588989 seconds processing time