HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: WOW What a turnaround at work NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 28, 2010 02:16 PM        
WOW What a turnaround at work

over the last 19 months they layed off 1000 workers and we were only getting 30 hours a week. It has been picking up and we are finishing the build on the old model with the new one goiong on sale next year and the facelift on the R class plus the expansion for the C-Class. Now we are going to work three 10 hour shifts, two 9 hour shifts and 8 hours on Saturday. Minimum of 32 hours overtime a payday. Seems China and Russia are doing alright because that's where most of them are going plus the US has doubled. Looks like it's time to get another toy,,,a ZX14.

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted July 28, 2010 03:07 PM        
Glad to hear someone is doing better. Where do you work?
Louis

Ignore this member   
heraser

Expert Class
Tall Blue 14
posted July 28, 2010 04:53 PM        
Sounds like Mercedes.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit heraser's homepage. 
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 28, 2010 06:58 PM        
Yep Mercedes Benz plant. I think we are going to absorb the hours and not re-hire for a while. We will hire again when we start making the C-Class in 2013. Here in the Heart of Dixie....Alabama.
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted July 29, 2010 10:36 AM        
Bigt112, what part of Alabama you in?

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted July 29, 2010 11:26 AM        
Well the Euro is still cheap so Mercedes and BMW should be doing real good............good to hear things are getting better though.
  Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
posted July 29, 2010 01:03 PM        
Our division of Mercedes has been doing a lot better than the competition as well.........If Daimler hadn't gone with the merger, we'd have probably been hurting worse than we already were too.........economy is starting to turn back up bit by bit

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
Vmaximus

Parking Attendant
posted July 29, 2010 02:16 PM        
Good maybe you can afford a real bike now. V-max.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 29, 2010 02:48 PM        
I have had a couple of the old V-max's. You can't beat them with a Mad Max chain drive conversion and a longer swingarm. They had a cool bolt on Supercharger for them that sounded really good with a 4 into one. It was belt driven and looked like it was going to rip your sack off from the drivers seat. Mine had the KerKer 4 into 1 and had that cool V8 rumble. I had to put a second gear in it twice. And it was a little cramped for my heigth. But put a cheap Kenda or some other hard compound rear tire and it was the coolest rolling burnout bike made. You could hit it in 2nd and it sounded like a dragster doing a rolling burnout and would leave a black mark 75 to 85 ft.. They are cool but only as in " a 2nd bike to ride" kind of way. The new one looks cool. But I have a H-D Road King to cruise.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: WOW What a turnaround at work NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23107409477234 seconds processing time