HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: HM Quickshifter Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Rook

Pro
posted March 31, 2012 02:40 PM        
quote:
is it compatible with auto tune and pcv?

Yes. I have a PC5 and AT-200.

Like Seno said, the HM PLUS hokks inline between stick coils and grey top engine wire connectors. What ever electronics you might have should have no impact on the shifter.

There is an HM PC shifter that hooks up to the PCV or PC3.. That is NOT the best choice for the ZX-14 if you are going with this shifter. Seems like it would be nice to have everything all interlinked but not if there is a problem with running the bike. Then you don't know oif it is shifter or PC.

Get the HM PLUS.

Ignore this member   
Rook

Pro
posted April 21, 2012 05:33 AM        Edited By: Rook on 21 Apr 2012 20:34
http://www.youtube.com/v/oAlK7S4U1UU?version=3&hl=en_US
  Ignore this member   
samin

Novice Class
posted April 21, 2012 06:30 AM        
Nice vids Rook. Just subcribced your channel. Hows your front tire today? )

Br, SamiN

Ignore this member    Click here to visit samin's homepage. 
Rook

Pro
posted April 21, 2012 07:54 AM        
Thanks Samin. Hope to make more before long.

Front tire? ahh-- I get it! That front lockup was last summer. Yeah, i remembered that well and also took heed of everyone's advice to go kinda easy on the fresh cold track we have in Spring. So, you were able to view that vid? I thought Youtube was blocking it cuz it has third party content (music). Well, if they eased up, great. Nothin offensive and obviously I ain't making any money off my bike vids.

Ignore this member   
samin

Novice Class
posted April 22, 2012 01:46 AM        Edited By: samin on 22 Apr 2012 16:47
Yes it´s still there. We had long chat last autumn about tyres and pressures on that video page.

(sorry ot)

Ignore this member    Click here to visit samin's homepage. 
Rook

Pro
posted April 22, 2012 02:12 AM        
Gotcha. Yes that vid is accessible to anyone. I have that footage and more from that day that was edited and set to music. That one is blocked in the US and most other countries because of unauthorized use of the music track. : / Well, thanks for watchin' samin. Some of these vids can get to be a lot of work.
  Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted May 31, 2012 07:47 AM        Edited By: BIG BLUE_ZX14 on 31 May 2012 22:53

Ignore this member   
08smokes

Expert Class
God is love.
posted July 14, 2012 01:06 AM        
So if I wanna install the HM Quickshift Plus on my 08 ZX14, I need to have aftermarket rearsets? Or will they work with stock?
  Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 14, 2012 07:42 AM        
Must have rearsets

Ignore this member   
08smokes

Expert Class
God is love.
posted July 15, 2012 02:55 AM        
Okay. I've always ran basically stock bikes and never purchased rearsets. Which ones do you recommend for a decent price?
  Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 15, 2012 01:23 PM        
quote:
Okay. I've always ran basically stock bikes and never purchased rearsets. Which ones do you recommend for a decent price?

That's a hard question to answer. I purchased the rearsets on my bike (Vortex) off eBay brand new in a sealed package for only $150, which is half of wholesale cost from a dude with 0 feedback.... There are many different brands out there which range from $250-$$550, personally I would not buy "no name" rearsets and would only buy a "name" brand in case you ever need replacement parts. It really depends how deep your pockets are and what style catches your eye, with that being said personally I would recommend the Vortex brand (my first pair), good quality, flawless operation and sharp looking.

Ignore this member   
08smokes

Expert Class
God is love.
posted July 16, 2012 09:24 AM        
Right on thanks, I am going to go with the Vortex rear sets. Talked to the guy from HM on the phone today and he recommends the HM over the Annitori since im mainly drag racing. What do you think Seno? I just wanted to get the Annitori since it does the job and costs less.
  Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted July 16, 2012 11:53 AM        
quote:
Right on thanks, I am going to go with the Vortex rear sets. Talked to the guy from HM on the phone today and he recommends the HM over the Annitori since im mainly drag racing. What do you think Seno? I just wanted to get the Annitori since it does the job and costs less.
You dumb fuckin idiot you already have a air shifter. You run a shitty tire and it doesn't shift when the fuckin bike is spinning. Get a tire worth a fuck and you won't have a problem.

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
08smokes

Expert Class
God is love.
posted July 16, 2012 12:08 PM        

You dumb fuckin idiot you already have a air shifter. You run a shitty tire and it doesn't shift when the fuckin bike is spinning. Get a tire worth a fuck and you won't have a problem.

Lol! I will come next season. That HM shifter is really sweet though- you should research it.

Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted July 16, 2012 12:27 PM        
Just received mine in the mail. I ordered it on Wednesday and it arrived priority mail on Saturday. These guys are serious about customer satisfaction. I received tracking info and PDF's regarding installation, set-up and trouble shooting the day I ordered it. My new rear sets are scheduled to arrive in two days so I will get pics up after the install...Can't Wait!!!

Ignore this member   
01smokes

Needs a job
posted July 16, 2012 01:49 PM        
quote:

Lol! I will come next season. That HM shifter is really sweet though- you should research it.

I did and it said you are gay and like boys!!!

Email, artvgl@yahoo.com

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 16, 2012 08:07 PM        
quote:

Air shifter with auto shift for drag racing would be my personal choice.... HM unit is great, I honestly can't tell you how much I love this product, the best upgrade on my bike for sure. I am not a drag racer, but rather a street racer, casual rider (if I had a local track closer than 2.5 hours away without traffic, I would be posting track videos left and right).

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted July 16, 2012 08:19 PM        
HM is imported by Annitori. Their shifter is $275ish if I remember correctly and has fewer adjustment settings. When I asked the same question to the guys at Annitori I was told it's like comparing a turbo Porsche to an Enzo Ferrari... No one would be upset pulling up next to the Enzo in a turbo. I know a few people who have purchased the HM unit and love it, you my friend will be the first so please share your feedback. Everyone loves to save money when they find an equal product for half the price. I have the HM unit which was about $500, and have it dialed in PERFECTLY.... WOT any gear it shifts perfectly, with or without nitrous.

Ignore this member   
BIG BLUE_ZX14

Expert Class
posted July 31, 2012 02:35 PM        Edited By: BIG BLUE_ZX14 on 1 Aug 2012 05:36
Finally got the Annitori quick shifter installed. Not too difficult to install although barely enough room for my hands around the coils. Highly recommended!!! It is a blast to use!!!

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted February 09, 2013 02:16 PM        
just found this on ebay for anyone looking to run this and doesnt want to spend extra money on rearsets, its a complete kit for use with the stock shifter

ZX14 Quick Shifter kit

'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted March 26, 2013 04:47 AM        
quote:
just found this on ebay for anyone looking to run this and doesnt want to spend extra money on rearsets, its a complete kit for use with the stock shifter

ZX14 Quick Shifter kit

I bougt it and just opened the box. There is no install or setup introductions.. Any advice will be helpful now

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted March 26, 2013 10:50 PM        
Hmm, well here it goes. The 8 plugs go between your coils... So basically you unplug a coil, plug the female end into the wiring harness and the male end into the coil (repeat 4 times). Take care to make sure that you plug everything back in properly. Next run the wire down towards the shift lever, obviously you have to check the initial amount of slack to see what your options are. The HM kit has a control box that just barely fit under the seat..... Unfortunately I do not know what your kit comes with. You need to fit your shifter linkage onto your existing shift hardware (assuming it is all there). That's it in a nutshell, hope that helped!

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted March 26, 2013 10:52 PM        
http://www.annitorirl.com/gallery.php

That should make it easier.... Select your product and follow the instructions

Ignore this member   
MehkoR

Novice Class
posted March 27, 2013 09:44 AM        Edited By: MehkoR on 28 Mar 2013 00:54
Thank you very much Seno. I figured it out and installed today. It isworking in both upshifting and downshifting(not sure if it is safe). I just made a short ride and I must say that it was a wonderful one Thanks for your rewiev and advice. Here is a short video of testing shifter after install,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfr-MLdQFEA

Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted March 27, 2013 12:36 PM        Edited By: Seno on 28 Mar 2013 03:37
It looks great! I do however have a question, which model are you running? Personally I have mine set to Compression (it only blips the ignition on up shift). I would not want mine to be active on downshifts unless my bike was on the track. I hope you enjoy it, that flame looks cool coming out of your exhaust!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: HM Quickshifter Review NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.53021287918091 seconds processing time