HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: From Stock to Brocks CT Meg to Brocks CT Dual NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
LGR2010KAWI

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 03:44 AM        
From Stock to Brocks CT Meg to Brocks CT Dual

Loving the life this bike has taken on with the Brocks exhaust -

2010 ZX14 Candy Persimmon Red / Brocks CT Dual / PCV w/Brocks Maps / speed tactics fender eliminator / zero gravity double bubble / heli bar risers / Joe Florida 162-Multi-Color LED SportsBike Accent Light Kit w/Remote Control /

Ignore this member   
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted March 19, 2012 04:09 AM        
Look's great! Love that Candy Persimmon Red.............

Ignore this member   
fullthrottlekaw

Novice Class
posted March 19, 2012 04:17 AM        
Any noticeable difference betweent the meg and the duals?? What made u switch?
  Ignore this member   
LGR2010KAWI

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 05:39 AM        
Yes the sound of the duals is more like a duo of bass singers (music to the ears).

I think the CT Meg is really loud (or i convinced myself it was cause i was biased towards the duals)

Personal choice thing here, but to me the 14 just looks more balanced with those dual pipes.

Performance wise the diff is not significant enough that it is worth noting.

The duals might give you a bit better perf mid range again nothing huge that's worth noting,

... they both chisel permanent grins onto your face behind the helmet while passing by life, cars and troopers on the hwy... lol
2010 ZX14 Candy Persimmon Red / Brocks CT Dual / PCV w/Brocks Maps / speed tactics fender eliminator / zero gravity double bubble / heli bar risers / Joe Florida 162-Multi-Color LED SportsBike Accent Light Kit w/Remote Control /

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted March 19, 2012 08:29 AM        
Are those two different bikes..exhaust looks like it is short mid pipe on the side view...and another view the pipe is further back behind the passenger pegs...?
  Ignore this member   
conn-e-rot ninja

Novice Class
posted March 19, 2012 08:34 AM        
it's two different exhaust systems

Ignore this member   
LGR2010KAWI

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 08:46 AM        
Hey Goldwing it's the same bike showing the transformation (exhaust wise)...I went from Stock to CT Meg to CT Duals ... 1st pic (stock), 2nd (CT Meg), last 4 (CT Duals)

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted March 19, 2012 09:21 AM        
OK now that makes more sense...I got my Duals today too...pipes sent to Jet-Hot Coatings..got the mufflers picked up.....ordered some in pipe silencers too in case they are too loud....I like the ones further back like yours to move the noise more rearward...think it streamlines out the bike more too.....nice set up....I like mine more having seen yours installed.....
  Ignore this member   
LGR2010KAWI

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 10:11 AM        
You will absolutely love them!!! The grin on your face will be hard to conceal!

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted March 19, 2012 12:59 PM        
LGR2010KAW, do you still have the CT shortmeg? Is it for sale. Shoot me an email at epd345@yahoo.com if you still have it. I would be interested.

Ignore this member   
LGR2010KAWI

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2012 01:11 PM        Edited By: LGR2010KAWI on 20 Mar 2012 04:14
epd345 no I don't have the CT Meg...

Here is my feel good story on the exhaust

I originally balked at the cash outlay for CT Duals ($2300). However, lady luck shined on me.

A guy in Austin, Tx purchased the CT Meg for his 2012 and decided he didn't want the CT Meg ... so I purchased the CT Meg from him with about 60 miles on it for $1300.

Another gentleman in Canada decided he liked the CT Meg and posted that he wanted to trade his CT duals for a CT Meg. Since I wanted the duals, I went ahead and purchased the CT Meg and mounted it to see what it was like ... good exhaust, but a bit loud.

The gentleman in Canada sent me his duals and i mounted them this weekend and shipped the CT Meg to him this morning 3/19/2012.

Luck and timing on my part all lined up. I ended up with a $2300 system for $1300 and everyone got what they wanted in the end.

The fact that both the CT Meg and the CT Duals trade posted on zx14.com all occurred within a day of each other and within a day of me joining that forum as well was just plain incredible luck.

What I am even more impressed with is the gentleman in Canada sent me his CT Duals sight unseen without as much as a penny from me (never met or spoke to this guy before that post on this forum and our interaction was via e-mail, and i think 1 phone call from him to me). Having been violated by an identity thief, I don't know that I would or could have done that. I guess there are still trusting good people left in the world. God bless him and this forum!

Ignore this member   
justoyz2

Zone Head
Justoyz Racing
posted March 19, 2012 06:15 PM        
I sure would have liked to purchase that MEG

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: From Stock to Brocks CT Meg to Brocks CT Dual NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42691993713379 seconds processing time