HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2012 ABS question... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted March 27, 2012 05:06 AM        
2012 ABS question...

Wondering if anyone out side the US could tell me what all the ABS feature includes?

I am just curious what it would take exactly to add ABS to the new 2012 14r US version here in the states. Since all of the 14r models are capable of ABS i am curious if someone could purchase the parts that the US version is missing and import them and add it on. It cant be that hard to do if you know how to turn a wrench. Plus i dont know if it ties into the ECU at all.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance.
Patrick

When I was a kid i used to........... Wait I Still Do That!

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted March 27, 2012 05:12 AM        
Was wondering why they did not incorporate ABS as a standard option on the 14r, as they did the C-14 too?

A great safety device....other than maybe the weight, and don't know how many ounces or pounds that could be.....

Ignore this member   
bluestar

Parking Attendant
posted March 27, 2012 10:35 AM        
I'm looking at this possibilty also. My 10r has the ABS option and it only adds a couple of lbs. to the bike.. The bigger battery in the 10 (needed with the ABS option) is half of this added weight. The ABS add -on, if you will, for both the 10r and 14r includes different brake lines, the ABS contoller (computer) and the small ABS pump assembly. The ABS computer is linked to the ECU on the 10 and has probably the same functionality in the14r. The main wiring harness may be the same for both ABS and non ABS models.
This conversion looks very possible and may be more easily done "if "and when the ABS option is offered in the US market. The Gen4 ABS was not a stong seller in the US , thus Kawasaki decieded not to offer the 14r with this feature here although it is available in other markets.

Ignore this member   
TH1RT3EN

Zone Head
Trial And Error Control
posted March 28, 2012 03:19 AM        
Thanks for the info! Im looking around for prices currently.. Maybe i will pick up the parts one at a time or just wait and see if it is ever an option here in the US..

Patrick

When I was a kid i used to........... Wait I Still Do That!

Ignore this member   
Goldwingmann

Expert Class
posted March 28, 2012 04:22 AM        
Please post your results of your search...parts, which ones, and costing and if it has to be dealer installed and any difficulty with tying it into any ECU....
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2012 ABS question... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2318320274353 seconds processing time