HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My 1st 100 Miles Report: 2012 14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted March 27, 2012 01:44 AM        
My 1st 100 Miles Report: 2012 14R

This past weekend the weather let up for a bit and I was anxious to get back on the bike and really try her out after changing the oil at 60 miles. There is a decent stretch of country road not far from my house that I've used for years to test my bikes. I ran it hard through the gears a few times and was particularly impressed with the upper end. Without question, this bike ramps up to an indicated 180 mph faster than anything I've ever ridden. Actually, I only showed 180 indicated once on the '06 14. And I actually never reached that on my '06 'busa, or '08 ZX-10. But with the 14R, I comfortably reached an indicated 180 twice, no mods at all and with under 100 miles. She was still pulling, but I was running out of real estate so had to slow all the fun down. As smooth and quiet as this thing is, it really is impressive. Compared to my old stone stock '06 busa, the 14R feels like a mild turbo bike.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted March 27, 2012 07:56 AM        
Got to love it !!

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted March 27, 2012 08:15 AM        
quote:
Got to love it !!

Totally!

Ignore this member   
ZX14 Montana

Novice Class
posted March 27, 2012 10:29 AM        
CraZX14
I am not surprised that you enjoy your new best friend... I told you so...

Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted March 27, 2012 10:42 AM        
Had mine up to 60mph felt like she had a lot left...loving the green
  Ignore this member   
dbeadling

Zone Head
posted March 30, 2012 08:52 AM        
Had mine up to 60mph felt like she had a lot left...loving the green
  Ignore this member   
captainm40

Novice Class
posted April 01, 2012 08:15 PM        
I rode mine home friday in the rain from bolivar tn to jackson tn .L/P and TRK 3 and i got to 120mph did not try to do it .but when i passed this car power was just so smooth .I've got 502 miles on her from 3/30/2012 till today 4/2/2012 and 180 is there so fast .i ride it like i've had it for years. riding with 2 friends on 10's yesterday role on from 80mph they couldn't even get close.will be changing my oil today .i've never pamperd a new bike for more than 50miles after that she's going to do it r break
  Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted April 02, 2012 01:00 AM        
Ride it like a one-night stand....

Ignore this member   
riaansh

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2012 12:15 AM        
quote:
This past weekend the weather let up for a bit and I was anxious to get back on the bike and really try her out after changing the oil at 60 miles. There is a decent stretch of country road not far from my house that I've used for years to test my bikes. I ran it hard through the gears a few times and was particularly impressed with the upper end. Without question, this bike ramps up to an indicated 180 mph faster than anything I've ever ridden. Actually, I only showed 180 indicated once on the '06 14. And I actually never reached that on my '06 'busa, or '08 ZX-10. But with the 14R, I comfortably reached an indicated 180 twice, no mods at all and with under 100 miles. She was still pulling, but I was running out of real estate so had to slow all the fun down. As smooth and quiet as this thing is, it really is impressive. Compared to my old stone stock '06 busa, the 14R feels like a mild turbo bike.

It is a fast bike. Still not sure on how many times you should open her up with so few miles on the engine. I know they say ride it like you stole it, but I would ride it then the whole day long like a stolen bike, will that be ok?

Ignore this member   
CraZX14

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2012 01:00 AM        
quote:
quote:

It is a fast bike. Still not sure on how many times you should open her up with so few miles on the engine. I know they say ride it like you stole it, but I would ride it then the whole day long like a stolen bike, will that be ok?

I don't ride it like I'm crazy ALL the time - I'd get arrested!! But I'm sure as hell not pampering it like the owners manual suggests on any day! Smokin isn't a fan of the gentle break-in - and he and a couple other guys on here literally have thousands of 1/4 mile passes on fast bikes that were broke in hard and still running good today...

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: My 1st 100 Miles Report: 2012 14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.55885100364685 seconds processing time