HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Rear view mirror problem, anyone else having this problem? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
epd345

Pro
posted April 03, 2012 01:24 PM        
Rear view mirror problem, anyone else having this problem?

I know alot of guys are drag racers and LSR runners and therefore remove their mirrors but I'm having a issue with my mirrors. It seems that after almost 4 years moisture has worked its way behind my mirrors and the moisture seems to be clouding them up pretty bad. I went to my local Kawi dealer today to see if they would be covered under my extended warranty. The service manager was pretty shocked to see it and said that he would call Kawi to see if they will cover a new set. Time will tell. Anyone else having this issue.

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted April 03, 2012 01:53 PM        
My '08 is fine. I run them when I am on the street and just take them off when I go to the track.

Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted April 03, 2012 02:36 PM        
I replaced mine with pigspotters. It is harder to see the lane directly behind me but less drag and I think they look better (I am sure some will disagree).
PCV, SpeedoHealer, lowered

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2012 02:41 PM        
I got water behind the mirrors on my 07 once and it pretty much ruined them. The silver came off in spots and made them useless. It was after running them under water in the kitchen sink. I replaced them with the flat black later year mirrors I got from that corybusa guy. I am more careful now... so far so good.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 03, 2012 03:27 PM        
Never had that problem. Doesnt warranty cover engine and trans? Hope they can cover it for you or at least hook you up somehow.

Ignore this member   
heraser

Expert Class
Tall Blue 14
posted April 03, 2012 03:42 PM        
The same thing happened in the corner of the mirrors to my 07 a couple of years ago. Not bad enough to stop me from seeing out but I would like to know if it was covered. I never check into it.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit heraser's homepage. 
epd345

Pro
posted April 03, 2012 04:21 PM        
I will keep you posted about warranty coverage and try to post up some pics tomorrow.

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted April 03, 2012 04:51 PM        
quote:
I replaced mine with pigspotters. It is harder to see the lane directly behind me but less drag and I think they look better (I am sure some will disagree).

I got the stockers and pig spotters... The previous owner was paranoid about blind spots. I wont get rid of the stock mirrors because they actually work even with my broad shoulders. I can't get rid of the pig spotters because I'm afraid of what kind of marks will be left under them. Plus he had to drill holes in the fairing to mount them.

Seems weird to have both. I thought more people would ask me about it, but so far it's only come up once or twice. I'm happy that I'm not constantly explaining their presence.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted April 03, 2012 06:37 PM        
When I first installed the pigspotters, I used the stock location. I couldnt see much because of the fairings. I moved them to the top windshield screw so there was no drilling and I can take them off at any time.

Ignore this member   
Rob7R

Expert Class
More balls than brains.
posted April 03, 2012 07:37 PM        
I wish the guy who did mine would've done that... He drilled right through the painted plastic.
Current bike- 07 ZX14 black with D&D cans, PC3, 43t rear sprocket, 6 inch extensions, roaring toys lowering links. Muzzy Bonneville Pro, TRE Velocity stacks, Puig DB windscreen, Sargent seat, Heli-risers, and throttlemeisters.

Ignore this member   
ryn0cer0s

Expert Class
Rider for Life
posted April 04, 2012 09:08 AM        
put a Muzzy or D&D decal over the hole

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted April 04, 2012 10:06 AM        
Well dropped the bike at the dealer today, my extended warranty is covering the mirror replacement. The only thing that sucks is that Kawasaki requires the bike sit at the dealer while the parts are ordered and then installed. 5-7 days with no bike but I figure for $350 worth of new mirrors for free I can hack it. At least they were covered.

Ignore this member   
GREYHOUNDMOSES

Expert Class
posted April 04, 2012 10:25 AM        
I had the same on my 09 after about 12 months. Apparently there is a reaction between the silvering and the glue used to fix the lens. I know it has happened to a number of U.K. bikes and they have been replaced under warranty. I pointed it out to my dealer when the bike was being serviced and they posted the new mirror to my home address.
  Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 04, 2012 10:28 AM        
My mirrors have a problem to, when I race other bikes, they get real small in the mirrors and become hard to see.
Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 04, 2012 04:18 PM        
350 for mirrors.... Dam....im assuming thats including labor fee..... Still dam.. Better off buying used and install yourself. You wouldnt have to leave your bike either

Ignore this member   
heraser

Expert Class
Tall Blue 14
posted April 04, 2012 04:28 PM        
Thanks for the update on the mirrors. Time to see the dealer.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit heraser's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Rear view mirror problem, anyone else having this problem? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.32155919075012 seconds processing time