HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Setting secondary tps NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 10, 2014 08:21 PM        
Setting secondary tps

So I got my bike back together and with the new throttle bodies and I am having trouble setting the secondary tps. I let the bike warm up and set the main tps to around .670 volts with key on throttle closed. I can't seem to set the secondary one. The actuator moves the shaft if I turn the tps. It reads around 2.2 volts no matter how I turn the tps because it keeps adjusting itself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

Ignore this member   
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 11, 2014 10:40 AM        
Bump for some help. Maybe it doesn't matter if the secondary butterflies are removed. I am taking my bike up on the 25th to get tuned so hopefully I can get an answer before then.

Ryan

Ignore this member   
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 12, 2014 04:13 AM        
Still looking for advice. Does it matter what the secondary tps voltage is set at?

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted March 12, 2014 04:36 PM        
It doesn't matter if the plates are removed... right?

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted March 13, 2014 05:02 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 13 Mar 2014 13:03
quote:
. Maybe it doesn't matter if the secondary butterflies are removed.
Ryan

take them out or get one of the free service manuals like the one posted in the stickies 4th from the top of zx14 threads

Ignore this member   
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 14, 2014 07:24 PM        
What do you mean take them out? They are removed. Do I still need to set the tps if they are removed?

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted March 15, 2014 04:41 AM        
quote:
They are removed. Do I still need to set the tps if they are removed?

only if its throwing a code

Ignore this member   
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 16, 2014 05:25 AM        
No code with it idling and just blipping the throttle. Haven't rode it yet. Take it to the tuner on the 25th so I guess we will see.

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted March 22, 2014 01:11 AM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 22 Mar 2014 09:12
Dude... If the flies are out, & the secondary position sensor is approximately in the right place as not to throw a code as mentioned by 1bad, then it does not fucking matter. The sensor is in place so the ecu can acquire the shaft position so it can keep it in sync based on all the factory mapping... Throttle position, rpm, etc. If the flies are out then the ecu can't do anything with all the position data it is collecting from the secondary TPS... So it's pointless to bother getting it calibrated. It's like staring at ur reflection in a mirror in a pitch black room. No matter how clean you get the mirror you still won't see shit.
  Ignore this member   
lilryan

Novice Class
posted March 22, 2014 06:37 AM        
I was just trying to adjust it per the shop manual and it wasn't working out. The bike shouldn't know that the flies are out when the key is on and the bike is not running.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Setting secondary tps NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21309304237366 seconds processing time