HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Anyone know Moto Composites carbon fiber???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
new14rider

Novice Class
posted October 17, 2014 11:32 AM        
Anyone know Moto Composites carbon fiber????

I was thinking of purchasing an entire carbon fiber setup for my 2012 ZX-14R and saw Moto Composites on-line. Their carbon/fiberglass are reasonably priced. They did say it may take a little fitting like drilling bigger holes or filing tabs down for exact fit. Has anyone used their product????

Is there a big difference in weight and rigidity/durability between pure carbon fiber and carbon mixed with fiberglass components? Any down side from using the Carbon/fiberglass parts????? It would be around $1,000 for everything I want so I want to go with a company that isn't crappy. They are out of Canada.

Thanks for any info on this company!

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted October 19, 2014 11:40 AM        
I have a CF front fender and rear hugger from Power Bronze, I also have their heel guards which did need to be drilled out slightly to fit. I have also used Bestem CF products in the past. I feel that Power Bronze is a slight step above Bestem quality wise in my experience. Never heard of moto composites. If you can wait until November to buy the stuff Power Bronze always has a black friday sale and I got all my stuff for a great price.

[URL=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/Fathertime345/media/DSC04648_zps7bb52972.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/Fathertime345/media/DSC04647_zpsf13bbc09.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/Fathertime345/media/DSC04645_zps1d45e339.jpg.html][/URL]

Ignore this member   
new14rider

Novice Class
posted October 19, 2014 01:32 PM        
Moto Composites wants to use my bike as part of their development program where they take in my original fairings and they design a new carbon fiber/fiberglass fairing and send that to me free of charge minus my oem fairing which they keep. They said it may take one or two trys to get it right, but they pay all the shipping. They want to do a complete front fairing and tail section. So just send those parts to them and wait a couple of months and they send me back new carbon fiber free as test fit pieces. Does this sound like a good deal or a little risky??? I have never heard of them and have no real guarantees once I send them my stuff.

Not sure if I should do it, but it would be cool to have that much carbon for free since I already want to convert the bike which already has BST wheels and Brocks CT megaphone with carbon tip.

Thanks for your input!!!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 20, 2014 07:50 PM        
Where are they located exactly?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
new14rider

Novice Class
posted October 21, 2014 07:12 AM        
Moto Composites

7255 Place Marquette

Brossard,QC, Canada

They just started up last year and have their parts made in China. I think all CF parts are made in China except a few very expensive companies. They want to do an even swap for my OEM fairings front and rear and some other smaller parts. The would pay for shipping. Sound too good to be true and very risky if I never get any fairings in return. But anything like this takes a certain amount of risk and trust. Does it sound like a good idea???

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 21, 2014 08:06 AM        
you could see if FBA knows anything about them? He's in that part of the world.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Anyone know Moto Composites carbon fiber???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21023488044739 seconds processing time