HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Help with D2Moto Gauge Install Help NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 11, 2016 02:39 PM        
Help with D2Moto Gauge Install Help

I got a set of these D2Moto gauges. they shipped without instructions. They have these connectors on them, however I dont have a place to connect them after dismantling my speedo. Not sure how these work exactly. Has anyone seen or used these? Also, is there a trick to popping off the speed/tach needles? They seem to be on really good, I dont want to break anything.

Ignore this member   
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 11, 2016 03:58 PM        
Ok got this far, tested the cluster on the bike and its working, just need to figure out where/how to connect the ends to give the gauges power....

Ignore this member   
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 18, 2016 04:41 PM        
and done.... not bad for $15 shipped from D2moto

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 18, 2016 06:52 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 18 Apr 2016 19:53
Wow that looks really good. How hard was it to do.overall? Assume.u had to disassemble entire front fairing? How.do the needles come off?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 19, 2016 05:54 AM        
Install wasnt to bad actually. I was able to get the speedo cluster out by only removing the windscreen. Had to open the speedo and pop off the needles. The gauges lay on top of the stock ones. fish the 2 connectors out the back of the cluster and re assemble. The 2 gauge cables then plug into a small inverter that I wired to the mini headlight plug on the left side. No cutting wires or splicing so I can remove everything really easy.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 19, 2016 05:58 AM        
Very cool I'm game to try that. Thanks a lot! And the needles just pop off? Nothing retaining them in place no tiny screws etc? Also were the gauges sealed in any way against moisture?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 19, 2016 11:30 AM        
Yea the gauges are sealed with a laminate on the back and sides. The needles pop off, I used 2 spoons to gently apply pressure. They didnt seem like they would come off and I didnt want to break anything, but I read up on it and others did the same thing. I would have preferred to get the Illumiglo gauges, as they just slip over the needles, but they are 70.00.
  Ignore this member   
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted April 19, 2016 11:34 AM        
A few other things I noticed, I had to go buy some thin 3M double sided tape so they could attach to the stock gauges, the illumiglo gauges have a sticker on the back that attaches, also the gauges have to be situated just right when your sticking them on or your speedo needle will be 5-8mph off.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Help with D2Moto Gauge Install Help NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25770711898804 seconds processing time