HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: O2 Sensor question on 2016 model... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ronaldnnn

Novice Class
posted January 04, 2017 09:18 PM        
O2 Sensor question on 2016 model...

I called up Dynojet about a PC V for my 2016 ZX14r and was told none was or will be available because of an issue with the bike having an O2 sensor...
Well, I have looked as much as I could see and don't see any sensor on the header pipes or exhaust, anybody got a clue as to what or where there is one?
Or is it possible the guy at Dynojet is just wrong and there is none?

Ignore this member   
ronaldnnn

Novice Class
posted February 20, 2017 09:29 AM        
Just found the O2 sensor, somewhat hidden on lower left side of mid pipe..now my question is this...with an after market pipes installed will the O2 sensor send proper signal to ecu and adjust fuel/air mixture to optimum mixture.
Also, has anyone installed front lowering pegs on a 12-17 model, if so..what kind, cost and where to get them..
Thanks,
Ron

Ignore this member   
ronaldnnn

Novice Class
posted February 20, 2017 09:30 AM        Edited By: ronaldnnn on 20 Feb 2017 16:30
opps...I mean lower right side of mid pipe for O2 sensor...
  Ignore this member   
bfg9000

Parking Attendant
posted March 01, 2017 07:18 PM        Edited By: bfg9000 on 2 Mar 2017 02:19
My bike is a 2013 SouthEast Asia model ZX-14R which is very similar to the Euro/Australia model which has an O2 sensor.

The O2 sensor on these models only use a narrowband sensor and will only adjust the AF mixture over a limited range of RPM and throttle opening.

I removed the O2 sensor, plugged in an O2 Sensor eliminator which sends a constant signal to the ECU so it wouldn't make any adjustments. PCV seems to work fine.

I wonder why Dynojet told you they don't have a PCV for the 2016 when the 2012-2015 Euro ZZR1400s do have an O2 sensor and they have a PCV for that (though they require an "O2 Optimizer"). Must be some other reason.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: O2 Sensor question on 2016 model... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21427488327026 seconds processing time