HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: AFR Table NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2017 10:12 AM        
AFR Table

Ok - So Im new to all this but it looks like you can use autotune w your pcv and set your afr to whatever you want. Most people say 13.1-13.2 . Ive seen however pictures with guys showing their afr tables and its not the same number all the way across. Does anyone have AFR tables they are happy with and would like to share for their zx14? I'm not going to pay for a dyno run just yet but i would like to try out what people reccomend, use their table, and have my autotune do the trimming and see if Im happy with it. I'm assuming there has to be some power commander gurus on this forum who have played with their afr table and are happy with it. Care to share it?

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2017 10:35 AM        Edited By: wildncrazyguy on 31 Mar 2017 11:36
For example - some guy posted this for his zx10 suggesting a pattern here - Is he right? http://s290.photobucket.com/user/carlo_sg/media/AFR_zps9b5cc0e4.jpg.html
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted April 25, 2017 06:28 AM        
NOBODY has recommendations on a good AFR table? From Power commander I go leaner at higher rpms - from 13.2 to 13.6 using their afr table. Seems like that would hurt my perfformance doesnt it?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted May 09, 2017 04:26 AM        
When I was setting up my ZX12 I targeted 14.5 on small throttle (<15%, cruising on highway) openings, then 14.0 a little bigger (15-30%), then 13.5 (30-50%, 13.2 (50-80% and 13.0 on 100%. Small rpm (<2500rpm) I targeted about 13.2 all the throttle positions.

But I did my tuning on ECU straight so small openings are on different map than big, but should be doable on PC too. That way you can have good mileage on highway and good power when WOT.

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted May 09, 2017 08:50 AM        
Wow 14.5 seems lean. Why are you so,lean down low and richer up high? I have 13.2 across the board. Fuel economy reasons?
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted May 09, 2017 09:30 PM        
14.7 is stoich that the engines run when in closed loop. But because ZX12 is still open loop 14.5 on a safer side because it's not so good as closed loop controlling AFR. And yes it's mainly for fuel economy (difference is almost same as AFR difference) but also when you're running with low load there is no need for richer AFR as you're just cruising. And when you open the throttle the AFR goes richer to give better power. So it's best of both worlds.
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted May 11, 2017 06:55 AM        
Richer doesn't equate to more power. The zx14 gains most power at certain rpms at 13.2, less power in that same range richer. The only way to know the correct answer to my question is to run your bike on a dyno,and change afrs based on hp seen. Wondering if anyone has done that. I think most dyno places just set the best afr at peak to and use that across the board which is typically 13.2 on my bike but I have yet to get a confirmation on that. If you look at most dyno sheets you'll see the afr doesn't change at all throughout all ranges. Not sure if that's ideal either.
  Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted May 12, 2017 02:40 AM        
Yes. But remember that dynos normally show only 100% throttle. And that is really easy to get right.. The most important thing is to get the driveability right. And there counts the 0-10% openings most. I went little richer on top also to be on safer side and have extra cooling as I don't have dyno at hand. The 13.2 is just AFR that is usually been referred to give best power. But of course the real max power AFR can differ.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: AFR Table NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20573687553406 seconds processing time