The Gixxer lineup gets a little freshening up with a new GSXR600 and GSXR750. Numbers below are (for now) per Suzuki's global specs.
2011 Suzuki GSX-R750
Experience a breathtaking combination of outstanding engine performance, nimble handling, compact size and light weight. Experience the GSX-R750 – the latest version of The Original GSX-R, the best choice for riders who appreciate a state-of-the-art 750cm3 engine combined with the compactness of a 600cm3 Supersport.
* Compared to the 2010 model, the latest GSX-R750 has: a 8 kilograms lighter curb mass, 15mm shorter wheelbase and reduced (by 55mm front and 35mm rear) overhang, as well as approx. 10% better fuel mileage (WMTC mode, Suzuki in-house research) and lower emissions.
* 750cm3 4-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio for an efficient, high-revving design.photo 1
* The engine employs forged pistons, shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.
* Lightweight titanium-alloy valves controlled by single valve spring to reduce mechanical losses.photo 2
* Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection, using fine-spray 8-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.
* Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise spark timing across the range of engine temperature.
* Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal tastes.photo 3
* 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
* Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
* Lightweight and compact: twin-spar aluminum cradle frame made of five cast sections and cast swingarm.
* Small, simple and lightweight bodywork composing an exciting, aerodynamic styling.
* Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston Front-fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.photo 4
* Single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.photo 5
* Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.photo 6
* Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mount, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.photo 7
* 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.photo 8
* Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators.photo 9
* Analog tachometer. LCD readouts include speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
* Rolling-code anti-theft immobilizer system is standard in selected markets.
Engine Type: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke: 70.0 mm × 48.7 mm
Engine Displacement: 750 cm3 (750 cc)
Compression Ratio: 12.5 : 1
Carburetion: Fuel injection
Oil Capacity (overhaul): 2.9 L (3.1 US qt.)
Starter System: Electric
Lubrication System: Wet sump
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Primary Drive Ratio: 1.761 (74 / 42)
Final Drive Ratio: 2.647 (45 / 17)
Rake/Trail: 23.45 degrees / 97.0 mm (3.8 in.)
Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring,oil damped
Rear Suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front Brakes: Disc, twin
Rear Brakes: Disc
Front Tires: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Rear Tires: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel tank: 17.0 L (4.5 US gal.)
Overall length: 2,030 mm (80.0 in.)
Overall Width: 710 mm (28.0 in.)
Overall height: 1,135 mm (44.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1,390 mm (54.7 in.)
Seat height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
Dry weight: 190 kg (419 lbs.)
Colors: Metallic Triton Blue / Glass Splash White (GLR), Glass Sparkle Black (YVB)
2011 Suzuki GSX-R600