Ducati Superbike Discussion Forum
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: Uh... Uh... Uh.... Ducati/Orange County Choppers episode debut tonight at 9pm on The Learning Channel NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 04, 2009 11:04 AM        
Uh... Uh... Uh.... Ducati/Orange County Choppers episode debut tonight at 9pm on The Learning Channel

Tonight on “American Chopper,” The Learning Channel’s prime time reality TV show marks the debut of the Ducati/Orange County Choppers relationship. The show first airs at 9pm and then again at 11pm, and reruns on June 12 at 8pm.

Description from The Learning Channel:

“In an effort to continue their business expansion, OCC partners up with industry giant Ducati. The guys in the shop put their unique spin on one of these Italian bikes as they prepare to celebrate at OCC’s four day long 10th anniversary bash.”

Source: Ducati

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 04, 2009 11:05 AM        
??? ???

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 04, 2009 11:06 AM        
it aint no joke, fellas... not april 1st.

smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 04, 2009 11:15 AM        
And we should care why ?

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 04, 2009 11:53 AM        
ducati with american chopper? please tell me you don't think that's fuckin bizarre?

smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted June 04, 2009 12:09 PM        
quote:
ducati with american chopper? please tell me you don't think that's fuckin bizarre?
Well yes it is bizarre... Maybe they can build a Duc that cuts Grass...Oh hell that was Jesse James ..

Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted June 04, 2009 12:24 PM        Edited By: Flame On on 5 Jun 2009 03:26
Its like putting pasta on your hamburger extra cheesy

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted June 04, 2009 12:28 PM        
....I just watched it....it was pretty low-key....they customized a Monster with paint and a few things...still very much recognizable as a Monster...I thought not that a big of a deal...whatchoo worried about, fish?

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted June 04, 2009 12:57 PM        
Roland Sands has been doing that stuff to ducati's and apprilias for a while now... in fact he did one for the worlds most famous squid... you know who I am talking about.
He is the host fro the 2 wheel tuner show... performs stunts and wheelies all over public streets and then televises it for the followers to ... ahem... follow.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 04, 2009 01:11 PM        
it was bizarre to say the least... even more strange, at the beginning they talked about how great ducati was to partner with, then in the middle of the show walrus face said he didnt really even like ducati - that it's just not his cup of tea - and that he was really only doing it to sell bikes and stay on schedule.

... nice.

Bluebyyou

Expert Class
Gettin My Curve On
posted June 04, 2009 07:32 PM        
What the_________________? But on the other hand maybe that whole motorcycle atrocity.bar jewelery, chopper thing is fizzling out.

Ignore this member   
knydecker

Expert Class
Uber-BigPimpin
posted June 04, 2009 11:29 PM        
It is brilliant for both Ducate and OCC! Look at us talking about it because its so different. Both Ducate and OCC will get more attention from the other market. Its interesting to see where OCC started and where they are now because of their marketing. Jessy James could not do this at their level!!

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 05, 2009 12:02 AM        
Think how many thousands of choppers are sitting in garages...hardly being ridden...nearly impossible to sell....it's going to cause another economical collapse. The governmant will have to buy them all so that folks can redeposit it in their kids college funds.

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted June 05, 2009 12:34 AM        Edited By: worm~hole on 5 Jun 2009 15:57
...screw the kid's college funds....what happened to kids working for their own money once they're 18?...that's part of the problem with this "entitlement" shit that kids expect...and parents breed laziness with no sense of consequence...kids burn up their parent's retirement money and don't do shit with their education IF they even get their education and/or diploma....most probably don't even consider repaying mom and pop for their sacrifice once they start earning for a living...then mad cycle begins again when THEY have kids...

...whether they work for themselves, work for the family, or work for someone else....NO FREE RIDES!!!!.....YOU WORK FOR YOUR SHIT, YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!!

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted June 05, 2009 12:42 AM        
Being in the manufacturing industry I find the quality of OCC to be just way to lame and really most of there bikes are not hugely inovative but the same bike with many differing parts bolted on .....

Mikey is kool though.....

Ignore this member   
pazx14rider

Zone Head
posted June 05, 2009 09:41 AM        
Personally I think OCC is a joke. If it doesnt come in a box, can be cut and modified, or made from a water jet machine they cant do it. Not too many people are going to pay that kind of money for a custom bike in this economy maybe thats why ducati is on board. I personally think they are just looking for income somewhere because they are not selling $50000 bikes. Disagree??? name the last time you seen them make a gas tank out of their bare hands using an english wheel. Want custom? Call Jesse James
  Ignore this member   
davej

Expert Class
posted June 05, 2009 11:49 AM        
Choppers used to when things fell off or when you tried to go faster that the Olds 1950 V-8. Bikes were horrible slow. Choppers have morphed like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. Choppers now days are just f***ing Easter Bunny. The tyre I need is on the Easter Bunnys and get the sorry excuse 190.

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted June 05, 2009 11:40 PM        
quote:
Personally I think OCC is a joke. If it doesnt come in a box, can be cut and modified, or made from a water jet machine they cant do it. Not too many people are going to pay that kind of money for a custom bike in this economy maybe thats why ducati is on board. I personally think they are just looking for income somewhere because they are not selling $50000 bikes. Disagree??? name the last time you seen them make a gas tank out of their bare hands using an english wheel. Want custom? Call Jesse James

...I swear Ive seen episodes where a couple of OCC dudes made a gas tanks from scratch with the wheel and hammer...and I swear I saw an episode where Jessie and his then ex-wife went to see a master tin-smith and brushed up on how to use the hammer and wheel...and now Jesse has a new show "Jesse James is a Dead Man"...and now OCC sell Ducs...both crews are marketing themselves in ways far away from where they started.....think Britney Spears

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: Uh... Uh... Uh.... Ducati/Orange County Choppers episode debut tonight at 9pm on The Learning Channel NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.50324988365173 seconds processing time