Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2007 Yamaha Model Lineup Introduced... ** PIX ADDED ** NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 05, 2006 03:49 AM        
interesting that the R6 has the stubbier exhaust.......following the GSXR's perhaps??? dosen't really matter, still sexy.
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Just Joy an AIM message. 
lubricity

Expert Class
posted November 06, 2006 12:48 AM        
I think this article should be moved

Ignore this member    Click here to visit lubricity's homepage. 
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted November 06, 2006 05:53 AM        
quote:
interesting that the R6 has the stubbier exhaust.......following the GSXR's perhaps??? dosen't really matter, still sexy.

FYI - they actually both had this in '06. It's a model carry-over for both as well this year. It is interesting to note the completey opposite design/engineering trends by the big four oems on the 600 class models. Honda & Kawasaki both stick with the high mount undertail. While Yamaha & Suzuki stick with the "Motogp" type stubby. Obviously both have their fierce followings and apparent pros/cons debates.

It's also interesting how different they were designed on the R6 & GSXR. The R6 is a seperate muffler with an EXUP valve in the inlet. So when you replace the muffler, the valve is removed, but the "boom box" stays. The muffler is titanium and only weighs about 3 lbs. Goiing aftermarket, you gain 1 or 2 hp and the sound is similar to stock (without the valve).

The GSXR 600/750 (they both use the same exhaust) is a fully welded up unit with the SET valve in the collector area. So when you replace this muffler, you get rid of about 13 lbs of weight and much of the heat and restriction. You gain about 5 - 6 hp with a standard type slip-on and the sound is typically increased. The GSXR responds much better to "slip-on" change than the R6.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted November 06, 2006 06:48 AM        
Thats good news for you JJ !

Ignore this member   
lizard

Pro
Modulator
posted November 06, 2006 08:42 AM        Edited By: lizard on 6 Nov 2006 15:43

The GSXR 600/750 (they both use the same exhaust) is a fully welded up unit with the SET valve in the collector area. So when you replace this muffler, you get rid of about 13 lbs of weight and much of the heat and restriction. You gain about 5 - 6 hp with a standard type slip-on and the sound is typically increased. The GSXR responds much better to "slip-on" change than the R6.

Hey JJ Get Er' done.

Ignore this member   
shawnski

Pro
posted November 06, 2006 09:33 AM        
http://www.sportbikez.net/picture/25431

what about this color, is this available in US?
beautiful.

Ignore this member   
lizard

Pro
Modulator
posted November 06, 2006 11:40 AM        Edited By: lizard on 6 Nov 2006 18:40
http://www.sportbikez.net/picture/25431
  Ignore this member   
Just Joy

Needs a job
posted November 06, 2006 11:52 PM        
quote:

Hey JJ Get Er' done.

I know, I know......I'm being the "typical" female.....I can't decide which one I want.....go it narrowed down to two....the M4 GP or the Micron GP.......arggggg

Ignore this member    Click here to send Just Joy an AIM message. 
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2007 Yamaha Model Lineup Introduced... ** PIX ADDED ** NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27517604827881 seconds processing time