Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Arai Releases All New Corsair-V for 2009! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted October 13, 2008 07:56 PM        
Well maybe I like to argue,but the Arai has been noisiest,fogs up the most and pain in the arse changing the face shield(also broke a pod).I bought it thinking that if I spend a little more ,I would get a great helmet.On Labusas,there are pics of scorpion,shoei,suomy,hjc,and shark helmets in the AMA race at Laguna.Evidently,racers don't use arai either.

Ignore this member   
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted October 13, 2008 08:36 PM        
What an ass! I just noticed the Arai advertisement above and don't mean to be stepping on your support Fish.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 13, 2008 10:50 PM        
quote:
.Evidently,racers don't use arai either.

Alive....... Did you notice Kyle Bush's car painted pink this past weekend? Even if you don't watch Nascar and I actually don't anymore you see it flashing across the news....

THE POINT IS............ Racers will paint pictures of large MAN TOOLS on their equipment if someone will pay them to do it. They will race wearing woman's panties and swear they make them faster if someone will pay them to do it...

QUESTION ?? Do you happen to know anyone that makes a living racing? Have you ever been involved working for or with a professional race team? I didn't think so...... If any of those helmet manufactures you mentioned will give those guys anything at all they will wear their shitty helmet. AND why do you think it's worth the manufactures efforts? BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU JUST PRINTED ABOVE.. MONKEY SEE >>>>>> MONKEY DO!

You see those guys wearing that shit and think " IT MUST BE GOOD...." I'll let you in on a little secret here.... When I was involved in NHRA Pro Stock cars we were sponsored by Pennzoil... Had it all over us,our race car and out rig... The shit we used in our equipment wasn't even Pennzoil but I'll bet you would have thought so by the looks of our camp...

Arai is the best Helmet ever designed and produced not because they are costly and not because they have ever give me shit because they haven't. The first selling point to me was the first time I rolled past 150 and the helmet on my head wasn't trying to tear my head off my neck from lift and buffeting around. I'm all about function with my equipment... NOTICE GUNNER wears a white helmet.... Again FUNCTION over looks or being seen in a cool looking helmet. White is the coolest in the heat and as an added small bonus it's also proven to make you more visible to other motorist on the road.

But.... Do what makes you happy in life........ Just remember Sheep can't keep their mouth shut......You'll need an alibi

Ignore this member   
countersteer

Needs a job
Didn't read the owners manual
posted October 13, 2008 11:50 PM        
GUNNER is right. i had an argument here a while back when someone told me those shitty $150 Scorpion helmets were as good as my Suomy or an Arai or Shoei just because Ricky Gadson was wearing one. Gadson, like other racers, will wear anything their sponsor tells them to wear - like most everything else in life its all about the $$$.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit countersteer's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 12:09 AM        
quote:
GUNNER is right..

And what about the sheep Scott? They always always tell..... Don't forget the sheep !!!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 14, 2008 12:18 AM        
quote:
What an ass! I just noticed the Arai advertisement above and don't mean to be stepping on your support Fish.

tell people how you feel... no sponsor's ever gotten special treatment here... you should know that by now.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 12:41 AM        
I suppose the ZX14 article would support that theory..... You are just a HATER ! Fish_antlers!!!!!!

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted October 14, 2008 12:47 AM        
I hear ya GUNNER...You get what you pay for...

Yeah, I have stickers on my bike and dont get a dime from them, except a good product which I pay for!!!

I dont mind supporting Companies or people that provide the best for us racers!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 12:57 AM        
When I purchased my first Arai back in 1994 I had no idea what to expect... It was a RX7RR3 and man was I happy with it... I was so thrilled I loaned it to most all my closest friends to try and everyone without exception purchased an Arai... In fact some liked mine so well they just kept it and purchased me a replacement... Since then I have tried other top of the line helmets from time to time just be make sure I was wearing the best fitting most comfortable product out here and I'm still wearing my Arai... I will continue wearing one until something better comes out NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE... Do I wish they were cheaper? YOU BET ! But luckily for me I have a GREAT parts guy in Zach Millholland that takes care of us all with the best deals possible.... Full retail for these things is crazy... But I would pay it if I had to...

Ignore this member   
slates

Expert Class
posted October 14, 2008 01:38 AM        
I've had an Arai, Quantum, Shoei RF-1000, and now an Arai RX7 Haga. The helmet is loud (ear plugs) and can have issues with fogging (scotts anti-fog). The shield changing is a pain, but if you know how to follow directions, it's not that bad. I've tried on just about every top of the line helmet except an OGK, and Arai is definitely the most comfortable.

Anyone know where you can purchase a larger nose guard for the cold weather riding for a RX7? You see the GP guys have them during the cold and rainy weather.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 01:43 AM        
http://www.theservicepavilion.com/

There ya go..... You may need to copy and paste it.. I've just about forgot how to make links work here.. That guy can help you with any Arai question or need you may have..

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 14, 2008 01:51 AM        
also araiparts.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
07zx14blk

Expert Class
ZX6R, ZX9R,ZX12R,ZX14
posted January 27, 2009 11:53 PM        
I have an RX7 Corsair for a number of years, last year I went out and purchased myself a Sunomi Vandal… Nice looking helmet and a good fit, but in comparison to my 5 year old Arai noisy as hell.

I think the big difference is not the helmet but the shape of my head, I think some people have a Shoie head or an Arai head, now the manufacturers try to manufacture different versions with different shapes but some helmet manufacturers just seam to fit one type of head shape better.

The one thing I don’t like about the RX7 is the side pods, changing shields is fast but takes a technique that has always eluded me. I like the Shoei as far as changing shield and padding.

All around, my favourite helmet is still the Arai, for fit and finish it is in my view the best helmet on the market!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Arai Releases All New Corsair-V for 2009! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42069816589355 seconds processing time