Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Jeremy Lusk Loses Battle and Succumbs to injuries Sustained in Tragic Crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Editor

Administrator
posted February 10, 2009 12:44 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 12 Feb 2009 02:45
Jeremy Lusk Loses Battle and Succumbs to injuries Sustained in Tragic Crash

We need to report that we've been informed by Jeremy's publicist that Jeremy passed away last night (Monday). We'd like to thank all of our readers who donated money as well as those who prayed for his recovery...

** Updated **

Funeral Service Info at end of article..

From Cheryl Lynch...

It is with the greatest sadness that we report...our beloved Jeremy Lusk passed away at approximately 11:03 PM PST this evening due to complications from the crash sustained Saturday evening in Costa Rica. Still in the Calderon Hospital Intensive Care Unit, he was surrounded by his loving Mother and Father, Chuck and Gina Lusk, his wonderful wife Lauren, his Mother and Father-in-Law Lynne and Larry and many of his closest Mulisha family members including Brian Deegan, Ryan Hagy, Cameron Steele and Erik Apple.

Please keep Jeremy and his family in your thoughts and prayers. All the warm thoughts, comments and support are comforting in these times.

Metal Mulisha has released this statement with the passing of their family and freestyle team member, Jeremy Lusk.

“A Warrior has Risen”

We want Jeremy to be remembered as the hardcore warrior that he was. He was never one to back down from any challenge life had to offer him on or off the track. As a fierce competitor, he rode to the top of the freestyle world embracing the risks of the sport with hardcore passion. As a Christian, Jeremy had faith that no matter what, he would always be on the ride of his life. To Jeremy, there was never a question of there being any consequences, especially doing something he loved. His drive, love, passion and commitment drove him to become the “baddest ass” rider of his time. He and his wife Lauren will always be part of the Mulisha family, and his memory will continue to push our group of friends to the outer limits of life.

From Metal Mulisha founder Teammate and Best Friend, Brian Deegan:

“Jeremy motivated me to be a better person, he was my best friend” said Deegan. The bond of this team is one that will never be broken. We know Jeremy is looking down from a great place, continuing to move mountains and touch the lives of those above. One day, we will all be reunited and will ride together again. In the end, all dust turns to ash. Metal Mulisha will continue to live and die by that creed. Jeremy, we can’t wait to see you.

From fellow Mulisha Teammate and close friend, Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg:

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't ever have to say this but, last night I lost one of my closest friends. I'm at a loss for words. I still feel like I'm in a bad dream and I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and go ride with Jeremy. I just can't believe he's gone. I feel for his wife and family. Were gonna miss u big worm! We’re gonna carry on for you like you would for us. We will always be brothers and I will keep your memory alive forever…

From Rick Alessandri, Senior Vice President, X Games Franchise:

"The ESPN family is very saddened by the death of Moto X competitor, Jeremy Lusk. Jeremy was a gifted athlete and an innovator. He will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jeremy's wife, Lauren, his parents Gina and Chuck and to the entire Lusk family."

From Chris Stiepock, Vice President and General Manager, X Games Franchise:

"Jeremy Lusk had emerged as one of the world's best freestyle moto riders as proven at last year's X Games. He was a tremendous athlete and competitor and represented the sport of freestyle motocross very well." I join Rick Alessandri and everyone at EXPN in extending our condolences to the many who knew and loved him.”

From Toby Bost, Chief Executive Officer, La Jolla Group:

"This is a tremendous loss for the entire motocross community and all of action sports. The Metal Mulisha team is very saddened by the loss of our friend and family member, Jeremy Lusk. He lived life to the fullest with an immense spirit and passion for the sport, and will always be known as a warrior. Our hearts pour out to his wife Lauren, his mother Gina, and his father Chuck. We know Jeremy is in a very good place and will always be a part of the Mulisha family.”

Jeremy was born in the San Diego area and resided in Temecula with his wife Lauren. He is the only child to Chuck and Gina Lusk who still reside in the greater San Diego area.

Biographical Information:

Birth date: 11-26-84 Marital Status: Married
Height: 5’8” Birth Place: San Diego, CA
Weight: 165 lbs. Current Residence: Temecula, CA
Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Green

* Started Riding: Age 3
* Turned Pro: Age 19

Career Accomplishments:
2008 X Games Mexico – Moto X Best Trick - Gold
2008 X Games Moto X Freestyle – Gold
2008 X Games Moto X Best Trick - Silver
2008 Red Bull X Fighters – Texas – 3rd
2008 Moto X World Championships Moto X Freestyle - Bronze
2007 AST Dew Tour – Overall – 4th
2007 AST Dew Tour – Orlando, FL – 4th
2007 AST Dew Tour – Salt Lake City, UT – 3rd
2007 AST Dew Tour – Portland, OR – 7th
2007 X Games Moto X Freestyle- 4th
2007 X Games Moto X Best Trick – 5th
2007 AST Dew Tour – Cleveland, OH – 7th
2007 AST Dew Tour – Baltimore, MD – 5th
2007 Red Bull X Fighters – Ireland – 4th

Fund Raising:

Efforts will continue as a Trust has been set up in Jeremy’s memory, The Jeremy Lusk Trust Fund. Donations can be made to Jeremy’s Trust through the Athlete Recovery Fund (athleterecoveryfund.com).

JEREMY LUSK FUNERAL SERVICES

Jeremy Lusk's Funeral Services will be held on
Monday, February 16th, 2009
1:00 PM
At the REVIVAL CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP Church
29220 Scott Road -- Menifee -- CA -- 92584

All are welcome.

Source: Bikeland.org

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Editor's homepage. 
BobC

Pro
posted February 10, 2009 03:47 AM        
Tragic news. R.I.P. Jeremy.

2012 ZZR1400 in Golden Blazed Green
Brock CT Full System. etc
Max: 203.1 in 1 mile (so far)

Ignore this member   
zx13r

Expert Class
Capt-America
posted February 10, 2009 04:11 AM        
God Speed

Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted February 10, 2009 05:41 AM        
Sad to hear R.I.P

Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted February 10, 2009 05:59 AM        
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and especially his wife. Rest in Peace...
  Ignore this member   
Ninja_Knight

Zone Head
posted February 10, 2009 06:15 AM        
That is horrible! He was so young!
2009 B&O Special Edition, Brock's CF Gen 3 Exhaust, Dark Smoke ZG Double Bubble Windshield, PCIII, Muzzy Fan, Heli Risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, Nautilus Stebel Horn, Waiting on HID's and Tinted Signal Lens

Ignore this member   
NoFault

Novice Class
posted February 10, 2009 06:18 AM        
R.I.P.
1999 Yamaha R1 (You are Missed)
1996 ZX7R
1989 Honda Hurricane (Rem those)

Ignore this member   
AZ ZX14

Expert Class
posted February 10, 2009 07:11 AM        
This is very sad. R.I.P.
Brocks Alien head
Puig DB Screen

Ignore this member   
Flyboy

Pro
posted February 10, 2009 10:34 AM        Edited By: Flyboy on 11 Feb 2009 02:55
I'm sorry to see the young man go so early in his life and it makes me mad but his passing isn't worth anything unless others can learn from his mistake(s).

In aviation and in test piloting we learn about a very important subject called "risk management". There are some very fine books on the subject. It is a science that deals with what are the worst things that can happen to keep one from completing his task or mission. And can it be reduced to a percentage as to help him decide whether he should attempt it or not? One's experience level should decide how low a percent one should accept. And if the percent gets too low... forget it. Do not attempt the task! Unfortunately many motorcylists, especially the young ones don't think that way and they end up paying the price.

As I watched Jeremy in the video doing his jumps one right after the other, the variables really jumped out at me and I know little about bike stunts. To begin with-- the venue was in a different country in a makeshift set up which should have brought the percent go/no go down a sizeable amount.

Other variables to be considered before starting out were--
:
If he used their gas did it have the same octane and cleanliness as that in the US?

Were the takeoff runs measured to what he was use to or were they just made the night before to fit into that little stadium?

Were the inclines of the jumps at the right specified angles?

Was the field level? Density altitude, wind direction and speed. Steady or gusts?

Would the length of the runs allow him to reach the same RPM and gears as he entered each jump?

Would the lights above the crowd blind him as he spun in the air?

How difficult should the jumps become as he did one right after the other?

Was there a lot of money or title involved in accomplishing this difficult jumps?

Did he have a hangover?

Did his girlfriend just break up with him the night before?

Is his number one competitor in the competition and watching him? etc. etc.

Variables can be both mental and physical. What I saw was a very talented young man pushing it outside the envelope. His stunts become increasing complicated in a strange arena in front of a crowd who could care little about the degree of difficulty. There were just too many variables against this young man and he should have stopped his performance much sooner. The crowd was happy. They got their moneys worth. Unfortunately young people think they are invincible whether on a track or on the street. Before doing something out of the norm with their bikes they need to look at risk management. What are the worst things that can go wrong and what are the percentages that one or more of them might go wrong. And then you need to ask yourself-- Is my life worth it?

If you decide you want to do something unusual with your bike whether on the track or on the street you have to approach it as a science and study what you want to accomplish completely-- and before you do it. That way the odds are in your favor, your mission will be accomplished... and no one will get hurt.

May Jeremy R.I.P. and may others learn from his passing--

One fast red ZX-14,
Three World and four National Land Speed Records,
One faster red and white Cessna Turbo 210

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
BlueFord

Needs a job
posted February 10, 2009 11:20 AM        
Phony to the bone.

You are so full of shit - risk management!! What are you talking about, your stock portfolio?

It’s straightforward, don’t do risky shit where you can land on your head and neck.

And please don’t lay that test pilot bullshit on us - it reeks !

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 10, 2009 12:46 PM        
keep it clean and respectable, boys - remember this is an RIP thread.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
WindSwordNinja

Expert Class
posted February 10, 2009 01:08 PM        
RIP Jeremy. You were an amazing rider. Prayers to those you left behind.

Tribute video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwTWCdfYEc
"Faster, faster! Faster would be better!" (Serenity)

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 10, 2009 01:08 PM        
quote:
keep it clean and respectable, boys - remember this is an RIP thread.

I should certainly hope so.
Respect in peace.

Godspeed brother.

I really feel for those who are left behind.
My most sincere condolences to the family.

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted February 10, 2009 02:00 PM        
R.I.P.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
whitehendrix

Zone Head
fails!
posted February 10, 2009 02:47 PM        
fuck.

R.I.P. Mr. Lusk.

Duct tape is the handyman's secret
weapon. The black is for formal
occasions. - ZRXDean

ill never own a busa unless
someone gives me one.... and then
ill sell it -KZScott

Ignore this member   
ninjaboy311

Zone Head
posted February 11, 2009 12:35 AM        
RIP bro!

I can't believe some of the stuff thats been said in this thread..........This is NOT the place for that.

Naarden Speedlinks Sponsored Rider

Schnitz Racing Sponsored Rider

8.74 @ 152 on stock motor and MR9 (Muzzy Powered), 205 lbs suited

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ninjaboy311's homepage. 
salsa1

Needs a life
posted February 11, 2009 02:08 AM        
Prayers out to his family....tragic no doubt....

Peace

Ignore this member   
TeamShortBus276

Parking Attendant
posted February 11, 2009 05:51 AM        
Doctor name: Jorge Ramirez?????? Did you watch the full video when the emt's were putting him on the board they didn't stabalize him or anything. They just dumped him on it and RAN him out, not walk to make sure that he was safe, they RAN with him. Maybe if it weren't for those paramedics, he would still be living to this day. Even another rider was out there yelling at the paramedics. How stupid could they be? R.I.P. *Jeremy Lusk*

Ignore this member   
brendasue555

Expert Class
posted February 11, 2009 06:22 AM        
My heart goes out to this boy's family and friends. Don't you know that they are asking these same questions, yet what is done is done. I pray for them to be able to let go of the what ifs and come to terms in dealing with the tragedy that has been forced upon them. Jeremy may you rest in peace and if there are motorcycles in heaven I think it would be ok to go ahead and try a quadruple!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Jeremy Lusk Loses Battle and Succumbs to injuries Sustained in Tragic Crash NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42802000045776 seconds processing time