Honda CBR 1000 RR / CBR1000RR
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CBR1000RR ZONE.com > Thread: CBR1000RR New Literbike king... Again? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zx12adam

posted March 26, 2008 01:06 AM        Edited By: zx12adam on 26 Mar 2008 09:52
CBR1000RR New Literbike king... Again?

Top Literbike:
1993 CBR1000RR
1998 R1
2001 GSXR1000
2004 ZX10R
2008 CBR1000RR

History repeats itself, proven. Maybe the 2011 R1 will bring things back around for them?

I haven't rode the CBR but after looking through Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, and MCN seems to be the best overall Literbike so far, despite being short 1-4% peak HP(like that's a big deal). Seems like whatever it lacks near redline it more than makes up for in the rest of the powerband, quality, handling, everything, etc... looks like it has some people's panties in a bunch already.

Too bad all the Literbikes are fuck-ugly for 2008.

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted March 26, 2008 02:54 AM        
Good too see positives for a Honda

For me I put very little in magazines reviews and rate them with the local newspaper movie reviews..seems the good movies are boring ones I have no interest in with that said were all different, riding style and where we ride IE Track or Street the latter Horsepower and who has more is always be a selling tool even if it is 1-4% at peak.

The block design looks interesting for larger displacements, the head not so excited about.

Stopped by HP Cycles a few weeks back and Jeff got an '08 ZX-10 will be intersting too see what it makes he was pretty impressed with the top end power but not so about low/mid range power.

Rick

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 26, 2008 03:39 PM        
might not have to wait til 2011?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
zx12adam

posted March 31, 2008 06:52 AM        
CBR wins another...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=6139&Page=1

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted April 02, 2008 07:50 AM        Edited By: zx12adam on 2 Apr 2008 14:52
I sat on the all 08 literbikes today, 1st thing I noticed is the ZX10 and CBR switched seats from 07.

The CBR seat was padded but not too much for track duty, the ZX feels like you're sitting on the sub-frame rails, it was like a damn brickass RC51/954 style.

With all the bikes empty the GSXR and R1 felt like tanks, wide and heavy, the ZX a typical literbike, and the CBR a skinny 600. I left seriously wanting to buy the CBR(have to give up bikes for awhile), I know I've stated it looks like shit but in person it looked awesome except that ugly pipe. My girlfriend said the ZX looked like a crosseyed bug geeked out on booger sugar(cocaine). Had to agree. I seriously hope Kawasaki does something about the looks of that damn bike, it actually looks better in the pictures.

Ignore this member   
ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted April 07, 2008 12:34 AM        Edited By: ricksgsxr on 7 Apr 2008 07:47
Jeff's 08 ZX-10 with 110 miles made 161 and change bone stock no pipe, no thin oil, no tricks. Jeff's dyno is not a happy one and our air here is not either. Prolly will be mid 160's with some miles on it. Pretty nice stock numbers.

My 01 1k I rebuilt the 1070 which I used someone else when Jeff never returned calls or e-mails. he does now and blamed his old help which prolly was true.

The first builder MJM Motorsports had issues and I picked up motor in pieces and had a another builder Dwayne -Cycle Concepts finish. Geat service and no complaints. Hind sight is 20/20 like several on another site commented of course always easier when made after the fact...

Anyway should be a bit stouter this time. I tried some new things Riding is fun, but my real interest has always been modfications and trying different things.

This tme a variety of friction, oil shedding and thermal coatings on just about every internal part, pistons, cams, valve springs, rod, crank, REM finsihed the tranny etc

May not show on the dyno. My wheels and ceramic bearings only showed 1 rwhp however real world riding the improvement was a lot more

At the mininum parts should last longer. Looking for low too mid 190's as the cams were not really wild 540/566 (first builder ordered teh wrong grind and out of business so stuck with them) and leaves open for another project...but better than the Yosh stage 1's

The orignal build 178-181 and 88-91ft lbs, less than 400 soaking wet and all the mods done too it short for my riding style nothing made comes close too it hp or weight. Dunno the new bikes just don't give me the same vibes the bikes of 01-04 did.

Hopefully will get the motor back in the frame this weekend a few little parts needed should be in this week.

Rick

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted May 27, 2008 01:43 PM        
So now the CBR1K has won:

Performance Bikes
Superbike
BIKE
MCN
Road Racing World(most reputable)
Motorcycle USA

Anyone know the Cycle World and Motorcyclist Literbike tests yet?

Sportbike's literbike test went to the cross eyed bug, oopps, I mean the lean and mean ZXteen, but they usually just give it to the one with the most peak hp anyways(since 1998 and counting?) Just mesing with you Kaw fans.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CBR1000RR ZONE.com > Thread: CBR1000RR New Literbike king... Again? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2022 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.34866499900818 seconds processing time