Honda CBR 1000 RR / CBR1000RR
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CBR1000RR ZONE.com > Thread: Area P exhaust for the '08 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted April 08, 2008 12:24 PM        
Area P exhaust for the '08

http://www.areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Honda-CBR1000RR-2008.php

Ignore this member   
zxhoya

Zone Head
posted April 08, 2008 12:36 PM        

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted April 09, 2008 10:29 AM        
I was thinking it was gonna lose some of that mid-range without the exhaust valve but it turns out that's where it's biggest gains were. I'm starting to wonder if the exhaust valve is more for mid-range performance or emissions. I recall with the 954's, whatever was gained on the top was lost in the mid without it's HTEV(exhaust valve).

Looks ugly, worse than the stock pipe. What's the Ten Kate CBR1000RR running? Arrow? That looks pretty good.

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
Gary B

Expert Class
posted April 09, 2008 11:16 AM        
Sorry bud....that is one UGLY slip on! Decent gains though!
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 09, 2008 10:23 PM        
would be nice if the canister was angled on either end to match the lines of the bike IMHO. (like a parallelogram)

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted April 10, 2008 04:06 AM        
Sometimes it can be difficult to combine both power and style for everyone's tastes on every model when designing a Slip-On. You can be limited by the termination point of the oem head pipe, along with other factors including what particular muffler shape(s) you may be utilizing. Of course if we were designing a full system, the location of the head pipes, collectors, etc. can be altered along the route, thereby giving you more potential alternatives to angle/change the muffler

For us, this model was one to choose a compromise. When designing the mid-pipe in what we call a complex "snail pipe", the powerband was compromised. It simply did not like the additional length. Even the exhaust tone was a little odd. The benefit to the "snail pipe" was it brought the silencer along a plane more along the lines of the bike.

As we prototyped more designs, we found it liked the 3 stage stepped mid-pipe in a short sequence. It also changed the exhaust tone. So on this particular model, we chose the overall power band and weight savings, while compromising the styling that some may be looking for.

adam - the 929/954 HTEV was a completely different design theory that did indeed make a difference. The new CBR (along with the 04-07 models) exhaust valve essentially only affects sound requirements during EC/EPA certs.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 10, 2008 09:21 AM        
what about my suggestion? am I chopped liver?

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted April 10, 2008 10:12 AM        
quote:
what about my suggestion? am I chopped liver?

Well.... yes. But it doesn't mean you're a bad person.............. I was in the middle of a mapping session with a race bike on MR9. So being a little hazy feeling between exhaust and gas fumes, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to comment on words like "parallelogram". Good word though. Haven't used that one in a while.

We actually added a little length on the final runs, so the production units will be slightly longer, but the angle/plane is essentially the same. It does look a little different with the optional turn down/turn out tip end cap.

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 10, 2008 02:02 PM        
pix?

also... where did you get the body panel for the lower? how did you create that? thought it was part of the stock pipe?

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted April 11, 2008 06:40 AM        
No additional pix at the moment. Still working on some things....
The "body panel" is the stock fairing. No add/change. The section you may be talking about would have been located slightly farther back and is actually the oem muffler shell. It's all one piece and pretty complex. Really well thought out. Unlike the 10, which is a seperate heat shield cover on the "pre-muffler". Honda integrated everything into one unit.

stevewfl

posted May 15, 2008 02:23 PM        Edited By: stevewfl on 15 May 2008 21:23
that exhaust looks infinitely better than my friend's two-brothers on his '08 1000RR
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CBR1000RR ZONE.com > Thread: Area P exhaust for the \'08 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2022 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.32739996910095 seconds processing time