Buell
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BUELL > Thread: Buell 1125R Test Ride NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted March 10, 2008 07:56 AM        
Buell 1125R Test Ride

I rode the Buell 1125R last week in Daytona. We went down I-95 for several exits and some twisties and in town riding. It felt like a real motorcycle with the most seriour Front Brake (8 Piston caliper) I have ever had Progressive to begin then Stoppie!. The Rear Brake lever pedal was partly inside the case cover and could only use my Big toe. A re-design is needed here. I rode across some patched pavement and the bike was firm but not harsh. the Handle bars are about 1/2inch lower than a ZX12R and "I" wopuld need them raised at least 1.5 inches to be comfortable.

The engine was very serious and the torque was flat but still a bigger rush above 7,000 RPMS. The Back torque limiter worked about a perfectly as I have ever seen to keep things smooth. Last, the FI was not perfect between 2,500 and 3.500 which I understand is the Part throttle EPA Test area. I actually LIKED the bike enough to buy one if I did not have 7 already!

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted November 17, 2008 11:50 AM        
VH, I got to ride one at our local track a few weeks ago, I found alot of what you say is very true, the injection has a pretty good stumble down low. The bike handles VERY well. It made good power, and is reasonable comfortable.

Where we differ is in the brakes. My expierence with the brakes was not as favorable. the brakes do offer plenty of stopping power, but you had to squeeze the crap out of the lever to get the power. I think some steel lines, and good pads would help ALOT. The front end felt vague under braking, other than that it was a great expierence, the bike is alot of fun to ride.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted November 30, 2008 09:00 AM        Edited By: bigdtd on 30 Nov 2008 17:00
I would love to get a test ride on one of these bikes. No other American bike interests me.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted October 20, 2009 04:25 PM        
Just bought an 1125cr today and man I love it! 3 gear power wheelies and excellent front brakes, light and handles very well.
  Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
posted May 25, 2010 11:00 AM        
I think Buells front rotor setup is one of the best designs for motorcycles......ever.......demo'd an 1125CR last fall -- they're torquey little beasts, but just too small for me

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > BUELL > Thread: Buell 1125R Test Ride NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24382591247559 seconds processing time