Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Any 6' 4"+ riders with a ceebaileys windshield?C14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
cransell

Parking Attendant
posted May 26, 2008 04:39 PM        
Any 6' 4"+ riders with a ceebaileys windshield?C14

I heard this is the brand to buy, but I'm six four and curious if any tall riders have a cee baileys windshield. The ulta tall domed or euro cut tall. 5" or 7" taller than stock hmm? Im not trying to be ripped directly in the face with loud ass buffet on the long haul after buying one of these, I'd rather just rough it with the stock oem if these aren't worth it. Thanks fellas

Ignore this member     
nswenson

Novice Class
posted May 26, 2008 08:14 PM        
I'm 6'4" and have the cee baileys ultra tour. Works well for me. If you put it all the way up its pretty quiet, no buffetting. Normally I just ride with it all the way down unless its windy or cold. Another shield you might consider is the V-stream. It's poly carbonate and has a nice shape to it. I've heard good things about it.

'00 K1200LT

Ignore this member   
DrewHerc130

Expert Class
posted October 23, 2008 06:14 PM        
Nathan,
Do you feel much negative pressure with the ultra?

Ignore this member   
WAXON

Parking Attendant
posted October 24, 2008 07:12 PM        
best thing ive ever done
  Ignore this member     
nswenson

Novice Class
posted October 30, 2008 12:33 PM        
quote:
Nathan,
Do you feel much negative pressure with the ultra?

I hardly ride with it all the way up, but I think there is a little bit a negative pressure. It's difficult to tell since you are already in a forward lean on the Concours14 with the stock bar height which gives the feeling of falling forward when there's no wind pressure to hold you up. Anyway, I like the shield for the winter months. Riding with it 1/3 to 1/2 up gives decent coverage of legs, hands, and torso. I especially notice the different on my upper thighs and crotch area. The stock shield seems to funnel a lot of air over your legs somehow.

Nathan
'00 K1200LT

Ignore this member   
whaler

Parking Attendant
posted August 14, 2011 03:51 PM        
Any updates? Additional input?
  Ignore this member   
freebird6

Parking Attendant
posted September 25, 2011 05:44 PM        
I have the tall CB Ultra dome. traded out the stock and have never looked back. No negative pressure. Rarely have to run it all the way up. At its lowest it is taller than the stocker at its highest. A little torqueing and twisting in very strong X winds when it is raised all the way.

Would never go back to the stock. Did d alot of research and PM'a before I chose the CB over Cal Sci etc.

Ignore this member   
Danny c

Novice Class
posted September 26, 2011 03:33 PM        
I have a V-Stream. I am six feet and ride with an air hawk pad, which makes me sit up higher. Not much negative pressure. Very good when it is cold. I put the stock one on in the summer. To hot with the V-Stream.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 02, 2011 06:25 PM        
6'2"..... Ultra tour is AWESOME
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Any 6\' 4\"+ riders with a ceebaileys windshield?C14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21788811683655 seconds processing time