Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Gas Cap lock oxidation NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Laguna D

Parking Attendant
posted August 30, 2008 05:26 PM        
Gas Cap lock oxidation

I park my C14 in my shop, very dry. when I wash the bike I place a piece of tape over the gas cap lock tumbler so no water gets in. For the second time, I went to fuel up and I had to use a penetrating oil to break the tumbler free so the cap would open. There was lots white powder from the oxidation process on the tumbler, and after I cleaned it up you could see the aluminium tumbler body was pitted. Anyone else experiencing this?
Laguna D

Ignore this member   
DB

Pro
posted September 03, 2008 04:11 PM        
Yea my wife's 2008 650 Ninja did the same thing to the point where it locked up. I squirted some WD-40 in it and it's been fine ever since. I'm keeping an eye on it just in case

Ignore this member   
Laguna D

Parking Attendant
posted September 04, 2008 10:56 AM        
I was at the dealership the other day and showed them the problem of the oxidation of the gas cap key tumbler housing. They called Kawasaki and Kawasaki said that sense there was no other oxidation on the bike, and the bike has been garaged, they agreed to fix the problem. Get This - The fix reguires All of the locks on the bike be changed and the Ignition has to be reprogremed to a new Keypass devices. That is going to cost them some bucks. Even though the gas cap tumbler is a functional part of the bike they still concider it cosmetic. FYI, I have had the bike for about 1 year.
Laguna D

Ignore this member   
jailcop

Novice Class
posted September 07, 2008 04:22 PM        
My ZZR1200 had the same problem. Every so often I had to get out the WD-40..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Gas Cap lock oxidation NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21281909942627 seconds processing time