Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Real Gas NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted October 12, 2009 09:02 PM        
Real Gas

It is real hard to buy real gas here in pa. I travel 20 min's to buy it, have a 20 gal drum in my shop and fill it, made my own gas pump with it. I am sick of this gasohol, 10% ethanol and we are supposedly the only state in the country that does not test gas or require labeling. There is no enforcement.

For a while I thought I was buying real gas, as the pump had no sighns on it. I asked the tanker truck guy when he was there and he said it is all ethanol gas 10%. One day the beureau of weights and measurements were there and I had a talk with them, he said we only make sure that if you buy 5 gal's your getting 5 gals.... They were the nes that said we were the only state in the country that has no enforcement. He said that in Nj. they measure each grade for accuracy, ethanol content (must be marked on pump), and octane rating. If the octane is not what is says it is in their field test, a sample goes to a lab, if that comes back wrong they get fined big time.

I am just wandering if anybody from different states has this crap gas? I was also told by the station that sels the real deal, that the stations that selll gasahol get a 5 cent per gallon kickback. It is more expensive to make than real gas.... Must be some tree hugger group that started this whole thing or the gov't. At work I have seen what this alky can do, failed diapragm fuel pumps, leaky fuel pressure reg's, even in our tsb database, on the ones that failed cited that alky was the cause. My bikes, weed whacker, leaf blower and chainsaws are now alky free...

Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted October 13, 2009 10:37 AM        Edited By: oncourse on 14 Oct 2009 00:38
I want to add to this, I ran out of time this morning...

Just read the manual, it said bike is approved for use with gasahol, up to 10% ethanol, or 5% ,methanol, however as stated in the manual you are not to store the bike with either of these ingredients in them, fuel system is to be totally drained as it could cause serious fuel system damage. It also stated that it was a gov't mandated program to reduce emissions....

What I thought I was buying last year was real gas, no labels on the pump but that was a joke... Now that I have "real gas" I do not have to worry, but I am only doing this post to warn others. Too many bad stories of what this stuff can do to fuel systems, even the underground tanks at the stations. Bad news....... Also your power and milage are getting robbed, as alcohol does not carry the same btu output as gas does.

Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Real Gas NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.29617190361023 seconds processing time