Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: knocking out the cat NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
2000redrocket

Pro
posted November 13, 2009 12:00 PM        
knocking out the cat

any one bust the cat out? how does it run?

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted November 14, 2009 12:04 PM        
Well, let's just say I know someone who did it, well he couldn't do it by himself. There are 4 cat's they are metal foil ones welded in. The L/S is not real accesable. The way it was done was by cutting the collectors and peeling back the lids then removing the foil cat's and rewelding. The guy who did this work is an expert chassis fabricator who was even on national tv, and would never want to do it again. I helped reinstall the header, yes it is louder, but my bike will spank the crap out of that one, it just runs way better, flies out pc3 slip on, makes a noticable difference in eveyday riding. It brings the torque out in the beast within that no converter removal could ever accomplish.

So does it run any better? I think for him it does since he could not sleep with them in there, in my opinion it's all psycological. The good thing he did do was heat wrap the enire header which knocked the heat back a good bit, as well as having the cat's out.

Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted November 14, 2009 12:40 PM        
thanks for the info.
  Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted November 15, 2009 11:40 AM        
Your welcome, I try to help when I can...
Rob

2003 kx 500 SOLD

Ignore this member   
1100Gypsy

Parking Attendant
SLoW LerNEr
posted November 17, 2009 10:01 AM        
hey rocket...is that a mav?

You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted November 17, 2009 10:22 AM        
if you are asking about the car it is a duster 1976. only has half a engine. the new bottom end is done. need to fix heads next.want my 10.30 back. bad...
  Ignore this member   
1100Gypsy

Parking Attendant
SLoW LerNEr
posted November 17, 2009 10:31 AM        
very nice mopar.

you gonna knock out that cats?

You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life.

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted November 17, 2009 10:37 AM        
no, it seems like too much work. i did not buy the bike to make it my hot rod. if it was easy i would. i do have the friends who could pull it off but if i take the exhaust off it will not go back on.
  Ignore this member   
1100Gypsy

Parking Attendant
SLoW LerNEr
posted November 17, 2009 10:46 AM        
i'm looking for a stock "take-off" header that i can cut up and not screw up riding. i've done it before on different auto cats, just finding time is the problem

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted November 18, 2009 08:40 PM        
My friend, the guy that removed them might have a spare one, when I see him I'll let you know,
Rob

quote:
i'm looking for a stock "take-off" header that i can cut up and not screw up riding. i've done it before on different auto cats, just finding time is the problem

2003 kx 500 SOLD

Ignore this member   
1100Gypsy

Parking Attendant
SLoW LerNEr
posted November 18, 2009 11:53 PM        
cool. lemme know.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: knocking out the cat NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.33297300338745 seconds processing time