Kawasaki ZX-6R / ZX6R, ZX636, ZX6RR
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX6R ZONE.com > Thread: 8 More Horsepower for FREE on your 2007... Click here for instructions *pix* NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Lexx

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2007 10:39 AM        
Are you the guy from Kawi forums who drilled through his ECU? I've delayed doing the mod as a result of your post so please let me know if it was the jumper mod or your drill. Thanks
  Ignore this member   
Lexx

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2007 10:57 AM        
Never mind - I checked the locations and it is you. To all others looking at doing the mod. The problem did not stem from the mod but rather drilling through the ECU when installing a FE kit. Please correct me if I' wrong Goodtimesroll.
  Ignore this member   
GOODTIMESROLL

Parking Attendant
posted September 09, 2007 12:51 PM        
you are correct. The mod is 100% legit, and I had it done correctly. The drill thru the ecu was also me, you are right. Still looking for one too...I feel so stupid. BUT go ahead with the jumper...you will be happy.
  Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted September 11, 2007 01:28 AM        
you still looking for a ECU? Got a friend who just bought an aftermarket ECU and is getting rid of his ECU and PCIII. Only problem is its from a '05. Anybody know if an '05 will work?
  Ignore this member   
GOODTIMESROLL

Parking Attendant
posted September 11, 2007 05:54 AM        
AN 05 won't work on an 07, but thanks for thinking about me. I actually got one this morning with a harness for a decent price. I will donate my old one to ridgeracer if he wants it! I hope to be back on the road by Sunday night.
  Ignore this member   
ninja636garcia

Parking Attendant
Ninja 636R
posted January 09, 2008 01:34 AM        
does this work on the 2006 636R

hey i wonder if this is good also on the 2006 zx6r. or is it only on the 2007??

and does it affect if i already have power commander.?

do i need to re-map my power commander???

Ignore this member    Click here to visit ninja636garcia's homepage. 
speedracer138

Parking Attendant
Mcgyver It!
posted April 22, 2008 10:30 PM        
On a 07 ZX6R; The Black/ Yellow wire is a ground. Black/Yellow to Green/Light Green is the correct wires to jumper.

The ECU Jumper Mod controls Fuel supply and the Exhaust valve from signals by the ECU. The Jumper Mod also affects the fuel at high RPMs so even if you get rid of the exhaust valve or install an aftermarket exhaust, the bike will still shut off fuel at top-end Rpm range. There is a lot of mis-information out there on the internet & other forums. The Euro bike aren't electronically restricted.

So, Bottom Line: The ECU Jumper Mod affects the fuel supply and prevents closing of or restriction by the exhaust valve.

So even if you got a Slip-On or Full Exhaust, the fuel supply would be cutoff at Top-end rpm range. You will notice an improvement in power just because of the freer flow but not the maximum you can achieve without the ECU Jumper mod. We have already proven that on the dyno. A 10 HP increase just by doing the jumper mod.

Ignore this member     
speedracer138

Parking Attendant
Mcgyver It!
posted April 22, 2008 10:33 PM        
You can just take the cap off the connector and use a "Conductive" wire or paper clip, bend it in a "U" and insert it in the connector then put the plug back on.

Ignore this member     
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted April 23, 2008 12:02 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 23 Apr 2008 07:18
Just so you guys understand what 8-10 hp does to your 636's: After my friend did the mod, I no longer could "reel him in" whenever I wanted. My modded TL1000R was no slouch, and I always was able to count on immediately catching back up to him if/when he decided to romp on it.

I was SO PISSED after he did that simple friggin little mod and I lost my power advantage. Bikes were pretty much dead even after that, as long as he kept his rpm's at 9K or above... which he has the annoying habit of always doing.

For that matter, I honestly can't count the dozens and dozens of times I've seen him leave 1000's behind when THEY weren't in there power band quick enough. You guys just gotta wring those little things up and keep them there and you won't be at much of a disadvantage no matter what cc bike is next to you. Here's a pic of his bike FYI

I'll have him post of more current pics of his bike, you guys need to see this thing in person! It has won show n shine awards, has 20,000+ miles on it, gets railed on every weekend its not raining, and every mod except the polished and painted stuff is geared for one thing: speed. Wish every pimped out bike could make those claims, then I could stop making fun of them!
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
RaffiZX6R

Parking Attendant
posted April 15, 2010 01:52 PM        
Do you have to strip the wire? and where do u guys buy that blue butt-splicer? cant find it anywhere
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX6R ZONE.com > Thread: 8 More Horsepower for FREE on your 2007... Click here for instructions *pix* NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.78538990020752 seconds processing time