HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > 250R NINJA.com > Thread: Wife's got a Ninja.....finally NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
Hellmutt

Needs a job
posted December 26, 2011 01:01 PM        
Wife's got a Ninja.....finally

My wife finally traded off her '98 Intruder 800 on a better bike for her to learn on, found an '09 Ninja 250R at a very reasonable price and after some gentle coercing we bought it -- my wife is a little lady at under 5ft, so we had to install lowering links and bar risers to make it a comfortable fit -- but she is loving every mile. The ONLY problem I'm finding is the 1st/2nd gear ratios on the trans are very close, seems she has to shift as soon as the bike is moving and again to 3rd fairly quickly -- I'm hoping to regear some of the problem out with a -6 rear sprocket change and possibly +1 on the front if its still an issue -- I'm sure it will need more power with a full system and rejet to help offset the longer final drive ratio from bogging the takeoff a little too much, but its really the only logical move I can come up with. Anyone else have the same concerns with this transmission? How about any other idea's (without splitting cases and changing internals)?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > 250R NINJA.com > Thread: Wife\'s got a Ninja.....finally NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20869493484497 seconds processing time