HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: THP shuts down Deals Gap NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted August 07, 2007 05:16 AM        
THP shuts down Deals Gap

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
entropy

posted August 07, 2007 05:31 AM        
Red,
uhhh... are you surprised, perhaps "shocked and little dismayed"???

What I'm surprised about, is that it has lasted this long before "citizens" got fed up.

Boo-hoo-hoooooooooooooo, those nazi-cops won't let me scub the chicken strips off my new tires...

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted August 07, 2007 11:53 AM        
It sounds like the only people breaking the law is the THP. They seem out of control. Isn't harassment illegal?
  Ignore this member   
zx14_busakilla

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2007 12:20 PM        
I wonder what the big deal is nobody live on the dang dragon anyway , let the people ride and have fun just as i did last year
  Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted August 07, 2007 12:51 PM        
That is just the problem! They cannot stand the idea of people actually having FUN! I still do not know why they pulled that guy over since he was behind a car at the same speed??

Ignore this member   
Old Guy

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2007 02:39 PM        
Fricking cops!!!!!
Easy money Baby.
Not very many fight tickets and most dont get by without $$$$ passing hands in county deals.
Shove a little power up your bike riding butt and see if you do something stupid and cost yourself more $$$$
Must of pissed off a state rep in that district or senator and he/she brought the pressure.
We got the same prob out here with the state reps & senators hating on dirt bikes AND sport bikes.
pcIII w/custom map
NO freakin flies!!
GP suspension forks
Penske rear shock
Rich's custom seat
And a whole bunch of other stuff.

97 zx6r full race bike with all the
good stuff

Ignore this member   
BIGZXDADDY

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2007 03:22 PM        
no state has gone to the extreme with traffic violation fines as virginia has. over 15mph on the interstate (20mph on all other roads) is considered reckless driving and carries a $1050 "civil remedial fine". this is on top of the normal locality fines and court costs. there are hundreds of offenses that fell into this catogory with outrageous fines. failure to use turn signal can cost over $900, driving with bald tire $900. you damn sure don't want to get caught with your front tire off the pavement!!!

Ignore this member   
madkawboy

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2007 06:18 PM        
was up there this past weekend and counted 17 cops !
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 07, 2007 06:19 PM        
i wanted to go there before i saw this. i do not need to go on vacation to be harrassed.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
zx12dak

Expert Class
posted August 07, 2007 06:40 PM        
Feels like I am living in the Soviet f*ckin Union. WTF???
  Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted August 07, 2007 06:59 PM        
To many people will fuck up anything. More so when the government can find a way to capitolize on it. I saw this coming a couple years ago. I just think of the good ole days before all the people. They are correct, there are many, many other roads that are just as good in all surrounding states. My fav is north GA. I travel from TN to GA twice a month and as soon as I cross into TN no matter where I am there are storm troopers everywhere. I hate to ride in this state. That VA thing sounds nasty. Dont plan on going there either.
  Ignore this member   
BIGZXDADDY

Expert Class
posted August 08, 2007 02:29 AM        
in va. the "civil" fines only apply to residents and they have openly said that it is to raise revenue instead of raising taxes. radar detectors are illegal and the speed nazis are out in force. beware anyone travelling thru va. i wanted to go to the gap too, but no reason to now.

Ignore this member   
fattkaw

Expert Class
posted August 12, 2007 06:51 AM        
I'm sorry but the gap sucks!!!!! if people stopped dieing out there the cop wouldn't give a shit. it's like parking lot racing with dip shit's in your lane coming head on!
Lot's of better roads around there without the cops to be found. the gap was nice before the spuids found it...

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 12, 2007 07:11 AM        
they are just as bad in pinellas county, fla let me tell ya. all unmarked with bike detectors on full kill mode
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted August 12, 2007 10:37 AM        
I've posted to this topic in other parts of this and other boards. This topic is pasted everywhere so I'll tell you guys the same.

The problem at the GAP is the Dick Head Squids on the bikes NOT the LEO.. I ride and support bikes with all my being, BUT fuck man what do you expect? This is typical of most any good thing ------------------> Dick Heads move in and it goes bad!!

The squids at the GAP are piled deep. They show up early in the morning EVERYDAY! and make laps like a race track until dark. They never leave EVER! They fuel up at the store. They eat at the Store. -------------------> The Store let's call it has been a major VERY MAJOR part of what pushed all this shit over the edge. They had NO ILL intentions and in fact only hoped to make a great place even better, BUT like so many other things the best of intentions added to a bad outcome. Without the Store being so full equipped alot of these guys would be forced off the mountain and on to other roads that offered gas and food. Once off the mountain the attractions to go back up there for the rest of the day would lesson and they would disband. SORRY Ben....We all know you love that place BUT you just helped to kill it.. Your idea was great and your intentions awsome, BUT the outcome was less than expected..

GUNNER.......

Ignore this member   
V2K_CCTX

Expert Class
posted August 13, 2007 05:17 AM        
Bottom line, we don't live in a Police State and should be innocent until PROVEN guilty as provided by our CONSTITUTION!
2007 ZX-14 Ebony Black (his) -- Leo Vince exhaust/flies out/PC3 mapped/SS brake and clutch lines/helibars/Competition Werkes GP pegs F&R/Puig Carbon Fiber Windscreen/Bikelites fender eliminator/custom CNC frame sliders & fork sliders
2007 CBR600RR Pearl White/Silver (hers)
2007 GV650 Avitar (hers)
2007 Vulcan 2000 LT (his) Muzzy Drag Pipes/Kuryakyn ProR Hypercharger/PC3 mapped/Chrome everywhere/everything
2007 Ninja 250R Silver (daughters) w/ Muzzy SS Exhaust

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted August 13, 2007 07:39 AM        
quote:
Bottom line, we don't live in a Police State and should be innocent until PROVEN guilty as provided by our CONSTITUTION!

Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true Have you tried crossing the Border lately? I have 4 times in the last two months.. Each time held up for questioning both directions.. CLEAN RECORD and NEVER arrested.... SAY goodby to YESTERDAY

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted August 13, 2007 08:32 AM        
quote:
quote:

Keep telling yourself that and maybe it will come true Have you tried crossing the Border lately? I have 4 times in the last two months.. Each time held up for questioning both directions.. CLEAN RECORD and NEVER arrested.... SAY goodby to YESTERDAY

+1
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
V2K_CCTX

Expert Class
posted August 13, 2007 09:05 AM        
Thats the problem crossing the border, you are doing it legally. We cant catch the illegal ones and they end up with more rights than we do....ops sorry wrong thread...
2007 ZX-14 Ebony Black (his) -- Leo Vince exhaust/flies out/PC3 mapped/SS brake and clutch lines/helibars/Competition Werkes GP pegs F&R/Puig Carbon Fiber Windscreen/Bikelites fender eliminator/custom CNC frame sliders & fork sliders
2007 GV650 Avitar (hers)
2007 Vulcan 2000 LT (his) Muzzy Drag Pipes/Kuryakyn ProR Hypercharger/PC3 mapped/Chrome everywhere/everything

Ignore this member   
nox

Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
posted August 13, 2007 03:57 PM        
I used to be a cop, and I understand WHY they are doing it............, but they are doing it WRONG............, thats the problem, and the goof in that photo should get reamed.......

They should be on double secret careful probation of the highest order while on stuff like that, because of that photo..........
\
I citizen could actually swear out a warrent for that I guess, and pressed charges against the deputy.

2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted August 13, 2007 04:14 PM        
quote:
Feels like I am living in the Soviet f*ckin Union. WTF???

no those peoples got rid of their problems

Ignore this member   
V2K_CCTX

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2007 06:40 AM        
quote:
I used to be a cop, and I understand WHY they are doing it............, but they are doing it WRONG............, thats the problem, and the goof in that photo should get reamed.......

They should be on double secret careful probation of the highest order while on stuff like that, because of that photo..........
\
I citizen could actually swear out a warrent for that I guess, and pressed charges against the deputy.

just remember it wasn't over when the Germans bomber Pearl Harbor
2007 GV650 Avitar (hers)

Ignore this member   
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted August 16, 2007 02:24 AM        
A bunch of you local guys should ride it spaced out about 1/2 mile each and go 15 miles an hour. When you see a cop coming pull out in front of him and go 15 mph all the way. I dont believe there is a minimum speed on a road like that. Interstates there is a min of 45 i think but not on those roads.
That will piss off the cops and everone in cars enough to make waves.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
nox

Needs a job
PMRA / TMRC Super Street 4022
posted August 16, 2007 05:00 AM        
The Germans did not bomb pearl harbor.................
2010 PMRA Super Street #3 Points
2009 PMRA Super Street Points Runner-Up
6 Time Centerville Dragway Points Champion
Sponsored by:
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer Braking
AMSOIL
Steve's Speed Shop
Kawasaki Sports Center
Mickey Thompson Tires
Catalyst Racing Composites
Conway Cycle
Syed Leathers

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted August 16, 2007 05:09 AM        
quote:
The Germans did not bomb pearl harbor.................

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: THP shuts down Deals Gap NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21340608596802 seconds processing time