HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: Suches in May - Who's committed on going NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted February 19, 2008 06:55 AM        Edited By: redelk on 22 Feb 2008 18:05
Suches in May - Who's committed on going

Ya think we might need to start "finalizing" stuff yet? Here are a few questions we might want to address...

1. I'm planning on spending a week in Suches. So, are the dates of May 24-31 firm or has any made plans for the week before?

2. Who else plans on spend a whole week there?

3. Since we would probably would all like to stay at the same place, Where? TWO lodge? Cabins near by?

4. Shouldn't we start making reservation while there still might be rooms or cabins available?

Being more "Preparationally Impaired" then most of y'all, I need as much time as I can get. I might been playin' "Chicken Little" here and I love ridin' with you guys, but when it comes to blowin' a big chunk o' change on gas, lodging, tires, etc., a week of vacation time and trailering 1200+ miles... I kinda like havin' my shit somewhat together before the last weekend before the get together.

So, what's the scoop? Who's going? What days? Who's ready to make some reservations? It's time to quit yappin' about it and for you "big dogs" to get off the porch.

Please try to stay on topic folks.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted February 22, 2008 04:37 PM        
hey Sherm....my issue is a buddy is getting married on the 17th in Savannah so I will have to be there. I will still be in Suches, looks like the last weekend of the month is going to be the only time I can go. I know its last minute, but I just found out he is getting married the 17th.

I always stay at Skeenah Gap Camp Ground. they have traillers that can be rented there, as well as rooms in the main house. there are also cabins in the area as well. Looks like I will be in the RV.

http://www.skeenahcreekcampground.com/

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/

http://www.suchescabinrentals.com/

The top link is to where I usually stay, its right on Hwy 60. TWO is up the road about 10-12 miles. and there are alot of cabins in that area as well.

Moving to the end of the month works well for me, friends from the ZRXOA will be in the area as well during the end of the month. Let me know what everyone else thinks.

Ignore this member   
redelk

posted February 22, 2008 06:05 PM        
Are you just staying a couple of days on the weekend (5/23-25 or 5/30-6/1?) or do you plan on doing some week day riding too?

NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted February 22, 2008 06:19 PM        
You guys looking to watch a bunch of Harleys or something?

quote:
Ahdra - Stone Mountain H-D Southern Nationals (# 7200)
225mph Nitro Harleys blazing into Atlanta Dragway - All Harley Drag Racing - racing starts both days at 9am - Admission (incl.pit access):$50 weekend; $30 single day; children 11 and under free; active and reserve military free with valid ID; HOG members rec. $5 disc. at the gate

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 22, 2008 08:30 PM        
Kelly and I will be there around a week....I have the wedding on the 17th and will spend a few days before it and after it in the Savannah and Coco Beach area visiting friends, then we will go up to Suches somewhere around the 23rd and stay there until after the 1st of June. The ZRXOA guys will be up there around the 29th-30th. If we do the 23-26th, then I will stay up all week and be there for the Rexers the following weekend. Scooter might be interested in something like that, as he could see the Smackhouse guys and the Rexers as well. I know it works well for me. Hopefully it will work for others as well.

Nick, the last thing I want to do is watch some slow ass Harley go in a straight line with all those awsome roads begging to be ridden.....lol

Ignore this member   
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted February 22, 2008 08:56 PM        
lol. I was wandering why you all want to be around an all Harley crowd.

What's going on there at that time?

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 23, 2008 06:01 AM        
Nick, the guys on this board use to get together twice a year in Townsend TN for what was known as back then, the ZX12R Rally. As a good many of those guys no longer have ZX12R's (pussies), its being called the Bikeland Rally. This year it was opted to move the rally from Townsend TN to Suches GA. The rodes around NorthGA are great, and with the cops hitting the gap hard, it was changed for the sake of saving all of our drivers liscenses.....lol

It wont be a huge group of guys, prolly 15-20, and it will be a mix of bikes, from Zx10's and 12's some 14's, and I am sure Crashtech will show up on his ZX11 as well. There will be an assortment of others too, but these will make up the majority.

If you click on the links in my previous post you can see some of the available accomadations. Morganton GA has some hotels and is a nice little town that will have anything that is needed, and is only about 15 miles from Suches.

I have been using Suches as a vacation spot for years now, and its centrally located, I started using it when I found TWO which is a bike only campsite with lodgeing. They have individual rooms and group rooms as well as cabins and tent sites. Skeenah is equipped very similar. The ZRXOA uses Skeenah Creek for their rally which will take place the very end of May as well, this is why this time frame is better for me, but obviously I am not the only one that has preferences, I am just the only one voicing them right now.

Sherm I talked to Brian (Matt Sterbator) the other day and he is wanting to do this ride as well. SO I guess this is the will become the "OFFICIAL" Rally thread as its not full of garbage......lol

The best Rally dates for me will be the very end of May that is what I am suggesting. From 30st-2nd of June.

the weekend before is a holiday, and the one before that I cant make because of the wedding.

The ZRXOA guys will be in the area the same time, so there will be a nice group of guys to talk motorcycles with and ride with,

Anyone else have some input here????

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 11:13 AM        
30st-2nd of June

+1 on that date - if its happens I'm there too. I though thats what the vote thread produced? If so I plan to be there

Anyone going to deal's gap 1st weekend in may? If so look me up - I'll be at the gap riding with the same friends in this pic thread: http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=8&TID=35917&set_time=1201666921

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted February 23, 2008 06:14 PM        
Hell, I am there, just tell me when. I am there a couple times a month. I got my touring bike now.
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 23, 2008 07:52 PM        
yeah me too, I just need to get bags for it.....hehehehe love having cruise control again......lmfao

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 09:47 PM        Edited By: stevewfl on 23 Feb 2008 21:48
quote:
Hell, I am there, just tell me when. I am there a couple times a month. I got my touring bike now.

quote:
yeah me too, I just need to get bags for it.....hehehehe love having cruise control again......lmfao

ok guys ya'll are worrying me....should I purchase a new goldwing equipped with ABS, floor boards, cruise, and hard road tires before this ride

Photobucket
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted February 24, 2008 06:48 AM        
No worries... I still have 145 rwhp and aftermarket suspension...as far as tires I run the powers. I have seen those goldwings haul ass though. Jim....remember that black one in GA when you were getting married?...DAMN!
  Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 24, 2008 06:54 AM        
ya I was joking you guys will be waiting up on me anyway - and when I get older I hope to be one of those guys that can flat go fast on a goldwing.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
redelk

posted February 24, 2008 08:27 AM        
Sorry to park the gold wings, but can we stay on topic here?

Who else plans on spend a whole week there?

Since we would probably would all like to stay at the same place, Where? TWO lodge? Cabins near by?

Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 24, 2008 08:53 AM        
Looks like Kelly and I will be there for the week Sherm. She and I are sorting dates, but right now it looks like we will get there sunday or monday of the week before the rally, around May 25th. We will stay through the following weekend till around the 2nd or 3rd of June.

Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R

Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
posted February 24, 2008 09:52 AM        
Fuck all of you whores.......

Red,
You've got a pm..............

To the rest of youse, I am a maybe at this point, but I DO want to come. I need a getaway, and the 10R needs the soot blown out of it.

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 24, 2008 07:34 PM        
hey Rick, give me a shout, if need be I can haul the bike for ya and get it there then all you have to do is get yourself and your equipment there.

Ignore this member   
Ninjaman12R

Needs a job
as a Deal's Gap tour guide.
posted February 25, 2008 09:25 AM        
Very nice offer Jim, and thanks, but if I can come I'll be able to haul everything in my truck. I will have to work some magic to make the trip happen, but history has taught me not to throw in the towel until all possible solutions have been exhausted. We'll see what the coming weeks shall bring????????

What we're dealin' with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Sheriff Buford T. Justice of TEXAS

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted February 25, 2008 03:49 PM        
sounds great bro, hope you can make it.....waiting for Otis to pipe in on this as well. And I will be taking both the 10 and the 12, so if Mark can make it, he needs to bring a helmet and gear.....

Ignore this member   
jbnavy

Parking Attendant
posted March 11, 2008 06:58 AM        Edited By: jbnavy on 11 Mar 2008 08:01
Im getting medically retired from the Navy soon, so I might try to work it so that is one of the weeks I am off so I can come riding. there is a fairly large group of guys in Charleston that go out riding every week out in the country. but there aint too much by way of good twisties around here. got to get some knee dragging in. got 40 days of leave saved up =)

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted March 11, 2008 07:12 PM        
jb Suches is some of the best riding you will find, and its close enough to ride Deals Gap if you so choose. All are welcome to come to the rally. It will be a good time for all....

Ignore this member   
DaveInDaytona

Pro
posted March 13, 2008 06:14 AM        
The interest is building around here. It would be good to get out for a ride on roads with curves for a change, maybe with a new face or two from around here.

Ignore this member    Click here to send DaveInDaytona an AIM message. 
redelk

posted March 13, 2008 09:56 AM        
Does anyone (besides HDL) have any ideas on where we should stay (T.W.O., campground) at and how long do they plan on being there ( a couple days, a week)?

Lucky12R

Parking Attendant
posted March 13, 2008 10:09 AM        
Sherm, you can stay at my place. LOL. Dave you have my number give me a call. You all no i am bike less, but i am trying to work it out to see you all there for a day or two. I could get in a couple rounds of golf while you all are riding and in the evening time hang out with the old gang drink beer and talk shit ,i am still good at that. Rick shut the hell up.
  Ignore this member   
jbnavy

Parking Attendant
posted March 13, 2008 10:41 AM        
no Idea... never been there.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: Suches in May - Who\'s committed on going NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2419171333313 seconds processing time