YOSHIMURA SUZUKIS DOMINATE FONTANA2007-04-28 14:21
Defending Champion Ben Spies led a Yoshimura Suzuki one-two-three in qualifying for tomorrow's double-header AMA Superbike Championship race at Fontana Speedway in California.
The Texan rider starts from pole after setting a time of 1:24.117 on his GSX-R1000 at the Fontana circuit with Mladin and Hayden close behind on 1:24.344 and 1:24.513 respectively.
Six Suzuki GSX-Rs finished in the top 10 with Aaron Yates sixth, Jake Holden seventh and Geoff May 10th.
Spies currently leads the series on 103 points, eight clear of six-time Champion Mladin, who won both races at last week's second and third round at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama.
1. Ben Spies (Suzuki) 1:24.117
2. Mat Mladin (Suzuki) 1:24.344
3. Tommy Hayden (Suzuki) 1:24.513
4. Jake Zemke (Honda) 1:25.249
6. Aaron Yates (Suzuki) 1:25. 364
7. Jake Holden (Suzuki) 1:25.379
8. Roger Lee Hayden (Kawasaki) 1:25.556
9. Miguel Duhamel (Honda) 1:25.566
10. Geoff May (Suzuki) 1:25.685
Source: Team Suzuki Press Office
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by @bikeland_org