KTM leads the way after Day one of Six Days2007-11-13 07:39
American Kurt Caselli onboard his KTM 300 emerged victorious on day one of the ISDE Six Days Enduro in La Serena Chile.
The gruelling annual event sometimes call the "Olympics" of Enduro motor sport tests the endurance of both man and machine over a range of challenging terrains. After the first day, the lead in the coveted World Trophy team competition went to France followed by Finland and Italy in the minor places.
Caselli (E3) completed day one with a 13.222 advantage over Frenchman Johnny Aubert (E2) with E1 world champion and KTM Enduro Factory Team rider Juha Salminen (E2) in third place overall, 13:786 behind the leader. Salminen is the defending champion. Top E1 rider on day one was Spanish rider Cristobal Guerrero.
A total of 20 teams are competing for the coveted World Trophy and this year 52% of riders are onboard KTM machines, a tribute to the performance and reliability of the world's most popular offroad sports motorcycle.
Day one of the six day competition hugged the Pacific coastline and the sandy beaches of the area south of the competition base at La Serena, some 470 km north of the capital Santiago. The Chilean coastline is characterised by desert like dunes and riders set off for the day's endurance test in the saddle in temperatures of just 9 deg. C.
Apart from the overwhelming presence of KTM machines in the paddock and on the course, the KTM Acerbis Support Team is also on hand to back them up. The course for Day two also tackles the sandy dunes south the La Serena.
Check out our daily updates for the la Serena ISDE SIX DAYS at www.ktm.com
World Trophy (National Teams)
1. France, 2. Finland, 3. Italy, 4. Sweden, 5. United Kingdom
Day One Overall Individual results
1. Kurt Casseli, USA KTM (E3)
2. Johnny Aubert, France, Aubert, Yamaha (E2)
3. Juha Salminen, Finland, KTM (E2)
4. Cristobal Guerrero, Spain, Yamaha (E1)
5. Alessandro Belometti, Italy, KTM (E2)
6. Marko Tarkkala, Finland, KTM (E3)
7. Jari Mattila, Finland, KTM (E1)
8. Fabien Planet, France, KTM (E3)
Day One E1 Results
1. Cristobal Guerrero, Spain, Yamaha
2. Jari Mattila, Finland, KTM
3. Julien Gaulthier, Honda
4. Greg Evans, Britain, KTM
5. Peter Bergwall, Sweden, KTM
Day One E2 Results
1. Johnny Aubert, France, Yamaha
2. Juha Salminen, Finland, KTM
3. Alessandro Belometti, Italy, KTM
4. Joakim Ljunggren, Sweden, Husaberg
5. Dini Fabrizio, Italy, Yamaha
Day One E3 Results
1. Kurt Casselli, USA, KTM
2. Marko Tarkkala, Finland, KTM
3. Fabien Planet, France, KTM
4. Bjorne Carlsson, Sweden, Husaberg
5. Alessandro Botturi, Honda, Italy
Source: KTM-Sportmotorcycle AG
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by @bikeland_org