DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM START WORK FOR 20102009-11-09 07:48
Less than 24 hours after the 2009 season had concluded the Ducati Marlboro Team was back on track at Valencia as Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden completed their first day of testing for the 2010. Warm sunshine and strong winds welcomed the riders onto the track for the afternoon session, with a full day's work scheduled for Tuesday and another half day on Wednsday, when the track will close at 13:00.
Stoner and Hayden enjoyed a positive day, clocking the fastest and fifth fastest times respectively.
Casey Stoner (Ducati Marlboro Team) 1st; 1’32.660 (32 laps)
“We tried a new engine configuration designed at improving the rideability of the bike and for the moment it is going really well. The feedback is more smooth and we improved traction with the same set-up we used over the weekend, so that is positive. We also tried some different forks and in general I am satisfied. We didn't do many laps today - just tried to make sure we were working in the right direction. I think we are and I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow, when hopefully it won't be as windy."
Nicky Hayden (Ducati Marlboro Team), 5th; 1’33.358: (58 laps)
“I was really looking forward to getting back out on track today and starting work on next season. We have a direction to work in and loads of work to do but we made a lot of progress already today. We don't have a lot of tyres available and just worked with two sets - a hard one and a softer one - with very similar times on both that were not far off my qualifying time from Saturday. We tried some engine updates on one of the bikes, some forks and a couple of different settings but this is just the start and it is early to say which is best because the lap times have been very similar. Generally it's been a good first day and I'm happy."
Today's unofficially lap times
1. Stoner (Ducati) 1.32.660 (22 of 32 laps)
2. Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1.32.685 (40 of 45)
3. Rossi (Yamaha) 1.32.826 (26 of 37)
4. Pedrosa (Honda) 1.33.068 (23 of 31)
5. Hayden (Ducat) i 1.33.358 (55 58)
6. Spies (Yamaha 1.33.496 (47 of 50)
7. Dovizioso (Honda) 1.33.675 (38 of 51)
8. Kallio (Ducati) 1.33.726 (41 of 52)
9. De Puniet (Honda) 1.33.775 (49 of 61)
10. Melandri (Honda) 1.33.830 (57of 59)
11. Espargaro (Ducati) 1.33.878 (55 of 63)
12. Edwards (Yamaha) 1.33.929 (28 of 35)
13. Capirossi (Suzuki) 1.34.144 ( 23 of 55)
14. Simoncelli (Honda 1.35.229 (50 of 51)
15. Bautista (Suzuki) 1.35.772 (51 of 52)
16. Barbera (Ducati) 1.36.204 (59 of 63)
17. Aoyama (Honda) 1.37.964 (39 of 40)
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by bikeland_org