Movistar Yamaha Try New Solutions at Brno Test2018-08-07 10:15
One day after the Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky race, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi was back on the Automotodrom Brno circuit for a one-day official IRTA test.
Teammate Maverick Viñales opted not to join today's 8-hour long session, in an effort to fully recover from yesterday‘s crash in time for the eyetime Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich, held this weekend.
Being the only rider out on track for the Yamaha Factory Racing team, Rossi spent a productive day trying new items, testing various setting details, and providing feedback on the prototype 2019 Michelin front tyre.
The Doctor started just before eleven and was one of the last riders to call it a day at six o'clock, riding 51 laps in total. The result of his hard work during the test was positive overall. Though not really pushing to put in a strong time-attack, the Italian still ended the day in seventh place with a best lap of 1‘55.918s, 0.709s from the top.
The Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team will now travel to the Red Bull Ring – Spielberg for the next round of the 2018 MotoGP World Championship and will resume track action this Friday.
The extended imagery of today's Test Day is available on
It's always good to test after the race, because it helps us draw an immediate comparison and allows riders to give clear feedback. We focused on the electronics today, it was our main objective, with the aim to improve drivability of the bike, especially on the first touch of the throttle. We also tried the new Michelin front tyre and at the end of the day we were able to test a new fairing. It's a shame that Maverick couldn't join us, as we would have valued his input very much, but we also put high importance on his well-being. We hope he no longer feels sore from yesterday's crash when we start riding again in Austria on the Friday. Though today's testing had to be done with one rider, it was still a positive day overall.
It was a good test, because we had very hot conditions - similar to those we had during the GP weekend - so we could try something else. We worked on acceleration on the first touch of the throttle and also on trying to save the tyres during the races. We tried different things and found that some things were good, but we have to put them all together. Unfortunately we weren't able to improve the performance from yesterday, so I think for Austria the situation will be the same.
LINKS & DOWNLOAD
Brno Official Post-GP Test - Final Results
BRNO OFFICIAL POST-GP TEST RESULTS
1. M. MARQUEZ REPSOL HONDA TEAM 1'55.209
2. J. ZARCO MONSTER YAMAHA TECH3 1'55.342
3. D. PEDROSA REPSOL HONDA TEAM 1'55.399
4. A. DOVIZIOSO DUCATI TEAM 1'55.517
5. J. LORENZO DUCATI TEAM 1'55.609
6. C. CRUTCHLOW LCR HONDA CASTROL 1'55.771
7. V. ROSSI MOVISTAR YAMAHA MOTOGP 1'55.918
8. D. PETRUCCI ALMA PRAMAC RACING 1'55.939
9. A. RINS TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR 1'55.986
10. H. SYAHRIN MONSTER YAMAHA TECH3 1'56.032
11. A. IANNONE TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR 1'56.111
12. A. ESPARGARÒ APRILIA RACING TEAM GRESINI 1'56.366
13. B. SMITH RED BULL KTM FACTORY RACING 1'56.566
14. T. NAKAGAMI LCR HONDA IDEMITSU 1'56.622
15. F. MORBIDELLI EG 0,0 MARC VDS 1'56.697
16. S. REDDING APRILIA RACING TEAM GRESINI 1'56.855
17. J. MILLER ALMA PRAMAC RACING 1'56.885
18. T. LUTHI EG 0,0 MARC VDS 1'57.034
19. S. GUINTOLI TEAM SUZUKI ECSTAR 1'57.843
20. H. AOYAMA EG 0,0 MARC VDS 1'59.334
Source: Yamaha Motor Racing
Click here to visit our forums to discuss this story
Tweets by @bikeland_org