Team Yoshimura Suzuki's Mat Mladin set provisional pole for this weekend's AMA Superbike double-header at Road Atlanta, Braselton.
The five-time AMA Champion lapped the 2.52-mile circuit on his GSX-R1000 in a time of 1:22.796 to head team mate Ben Spies (1:23.161) as Aaron Yates grabbed fourth place with a time of 1:23.390.
Said Mladin: "It was a good session for us. We found a good race tyre that we liked and we did a bunch of good laps."
Mladin currently leads the series by 21 points over Spies - 471 to 450 - with Yates fourth on 377 points.
1. Mat Mladin (Suzuki) 1:22.339
2. Ben Spies (Suzuki) 1:23.161
3. Miguel Duhamel (Honda) 1:23.337
4. Aaron Yates (Suzuki) 1:23.390
5. Neil Hodgson (Ducati) 1:23.784
6. Jake Zemke (Honda) 1:24.038
7. Josh Hayes (Kawasaki) 1:24.482
8. Eric Bostrom (Ducati) 1:24.931
9. Marty Craggill (Suzuki) 1:25.384
10. John Haner (Suzuki) 1:25.493
Source:Team Suzuki Press Office