Today Honda announced they would be selling the brand new NM4. We're not entirely sure if this is an April Fools gag as the concept is pretty out there, but if they are serious, there are bound to be plenty of people (none of them 1%ers to be sure) who think it is the coolest bike every built.
If you’ve ever wanted to transport yourself into the future, this is your machine. By design, the NM4 shakes up the status quo and explodes conventional barriers in order to attract a whole new segment of forward-thinking riders to motorcycling. Beneath its futuristic bodywork there’s a 670cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine with four valves per cylinder, automatic dual-clutch transmission and ABS. Storage pockets in the fairing plus saddlebags add real-world utility, and the rear turn signals are neatly integrated into the rear bags. The rider settles easily onto a comfy seat that’s perched a low, 25.6 inches off the ground, and there’s also a cool and practical rider backrest feature—the passenger seat flips up and can be set at three different angles and slides fore and aft to one of four positions. Full LED lighting lets the NM4 stand out whether it’s coming or going, the fat, 200mm rear tire imparts a cool look, and the meter display can be illuminated in any of 25 different color choices—nearly one for every day of the month.
Features and Benefits
- Neo-futuristic styling highlights Honda’s capabilities for innovation.
- Sophisticated, liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque for a linear and smooth power delivery.
- Remarkably low seat height of 25.6 inches along with the 62-degree forward angle of the cylinder assembly help create a very low center of gravity, making the NM4 feel distinctly nimble and fun to ride.
- Second-generation Automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sportier riding and D for everyday use.
- Twin engine balancer shafts quell vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted floorboards also add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS) provides full antilock functionality for secure braking action.
- Full LED lighting for the headlight, taillight and turn signals give bright illumination and a distinctive appearance with reduced power draw.
- Convertible passenger seat flips up to provide a backrest for the rider; three-way adjustable for lean angle, four-way adjustable for fore-and-aft positioning.
- Integrated storage includes two saddlebags plus two storage pockets in the upper cowl.
- Rider floorboards for added comfort.
- Large 18-inch front wheel and fat rear wheel with 200mm tire lend a distinctive look.
- High-tech meter display can be set to any of 25 different colors. Stock settings alter by drive mode: white for Neutral; blue for D; pink for S; red for MT.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Honda Genuine Accessories
- Passenger Backrest, Rear Seat Cowl, Tall Windscreen, Heated Grips
Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 73.0mm x 80.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with 36mm throttle body
Ignition: Fully transistorized
Transmission: Automatic DCT six-speed
Final Drive: Chain
Front: 43mm fork; 3.9 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link single shock; 3.9 inches travel
Front Brakes: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper and ABS
Rear Brakes: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper and ABS
Front Tires: 120/70-18
Rear Tires: 200/50-17
Wheelbase: 64.7 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 33°
Trail: 110mm (4.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.0 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
Color: Matte Black Metallic
Curb Weight*: 562 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.